Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Cooch Behar
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya also known as North Bengal Agriculture University was established by the West Bengal Act XX of 2000 and started functioning from 1st February, 2001. The college is situated at Pundibari, a rural block in the district of Cooch Behar, 15 KM away from the district head-quarters. The University offers wide range of career options in the field of Agriculture research. Recently the University successfully added 4 years B.Tech degree in Agricultural Engineering with annual intake of 20 students.
Since its time of inception the college has been emerged out as one of the best Agriculture university in entire west Bengal. The Agriculture Lab, Equipments, Faculties and other Amenities makes the college a good option to opt in the field of Agriculture engineering.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- The college is Accredited with Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) .
- The Engineering course is affiliated to AICTE under MHRD, Govt. of India.
- The Institute welcomes its students with its well qualified and experienced faculty from different sectors like Engineering, Education etc. It also Provide Ragging free campus in accordance with AICTE.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas with the help of language lab. Students Activity Centre (SAC) to promote Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya offers various courses in Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture. Courses offered by the University can be briefly categorized into three categories viz. Undergraduate, Post graduate and Ph.D programs.
(i) Under Graduate Courses:
|1.||B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering||66|
|2.||B.Sc in Agriculture||20|
|3.||B.Sc in Horticulture||20|
(ii) Post Graduate courses:
|1.||M.Sc in Agriculture||60|
|2.||M.Sc in Horticulture||17|
|3.||M.Sc in Forestry||4|
(iii) Ph.D Courses:
|1.||Ph.D in Agriculture||—-|
|2.||Ph.D in Horticulture||—-|
|3.||Ph.D in Forestry||—-|
- Dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport and medical care.
- Centralized Library. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Well-equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news & events.
- Well-equipped Agricultural Lab with latest aid on research and analysis wing.
|3.||Ph.D Programs||A candidate for admission to Ph.D Programme should have consistently good academic records with Master’s Degree in Agriculture having at least 7.00 OGPA (6.5 OGPA for SC, ST & PWD candidates) from any recognized Indian / Foreign University followed by Bachelors’ Degree in Agriculture under 10+2+4 or 10+1+4 or 11+4 and experience of Dissertation in University / Institute for at least one year.|
- Admission is being made on the basis of merit. Reservations of seats are maintained for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD as prescribed by the State Government time to time.
- Beside these, reservations are also provided for WB Vocational Stream Courses, CBSE, ICSE and other Board, Hill student of Darjeeling district of West Bengal and ICAR Quota.
|2.||Post Graduate Course||—|
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Cooch Behar have good placement record and proves to be one of the pioneer in the field of Agriculture engineering in entire West Bengal. The full-fledged training and placement cell in the college are working too hard to train their students so that they can survive in the cut-throat competitive market. Training and placement cell is providing a better understanding of career and quality materials to the students and have also convinced some of the top notch Agriculture and allied services companies to visit the campus. Some of the Programs conducted by college to assist students are as follows.
- Personality development
- Communication skill
- Leadership/team work
- Career planning
- Development of entrepreneurship
College Ranking by Edufever:
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya renders Research and Support Service in the promising areas of Forestry, Horticulture and Agriculture engineering with the best available equipment’s and faculties hence making all of its courses good and upgraded. Faculties are well trained. Highly equipped agricultural research labs and Library add flying colors to its destiny and hence making this institution good to opt for. Edufever gives this college 4 out of 5 in its rating scale.
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya
North Bengal Agriculture University
Pin Code: 736165, West- Bengal, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com