College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology is popularly known as CAEPHT Sikkim. The college is the only agricultural engineering college in Sikkim and located in Ranipool, Gangtok (Sikkim). The Institution is one of the seven constituent colleges of the only Central Agricultural University (CAU) in India, funded by the Government of India through the Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE).
This college is considered among the top three colleges under the UGC-ICAR system. It imparts education, research, and extension in the field of agricultural engineering. It aims to provide a qualified technical human resource in agricultural and food process engineering to the public and industrial sector of northeast India through its undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of
College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology, Sikkim.
|Name of Institute||College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology, Sikkim|
|Popular Name||CAEPHT Sikkim|
|Year of Establishment||2006|
|Affiliated with||Central Agricultural University(CAU)|
|Approved by||Ministry of Agriculture|
|Category||Engineering Colleges in Sikkim|
Affiliations, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated With: Central Agricultural University(CAU)
- Approved By: Ministry of Agriculture
- Aid Status: Private
|B.Tech. (Agril. Engg.)||42||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Food Tech.)||20||4 Years|
|M. Tech. (Farm Machinery and Power Engg.)||03*||4 Years|
|M. Tech. (Soil & Water Engg.)||03*||4 Years|
|M. Tech. (Food Engg.)||03*||4 Years|
- Admissions in CAEPHT Sikkim are made through the Marks obtained in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Concerned states of NE Region nominate the candidates based on their state-level Joint Entrance/Common Entrance Examinations as per the seats allotted to each state. Seat allotted to ICAR are filled by All India Entrance Test conducted by ICAR.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year B.Tech Course.
- Candidate Passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized board of education with minimum 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (40% in case of reserved candidates).
- Selection Process based on JEE Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks.
The College of Agricultural engineering Sikkim conducts teaching, research and extension education activities on subjects related to engineering properties of biological materials, qualities of food products, operations and equipment for processing, preservation, storage, value addition, material handling, packaging, dairy engineering, structures etc which gives its student a self-belief of directly contributing to the mainstream of the society. Apart from that training and placement cell of the College is providing campus drive and poll campus placement for its student making this college a good choice to opt for in the field of Agricultural Engineering and Food security.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||CAEPHT Sikkim|
We would like to give out 4.2 of 5 stars on Edufever Best Engineering Colleges in Sikkim.
College of Agricultural Engineering Post-Harvest Technology (CAEPHT)
Address: Ranipool, Gangtok – 737 135, Sikkim (India)
Phone: 03592 – 251359 / 03592 – 251390
Official Website: http://www.caephtcau.ac.in/
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck!!!