Attention Aspirants, the AIEED Authority has recently advertised a notification to fill the application form for the next round of admission in AIEED Colleges in India. Throughout the article, we will discuss the AIEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification before filling up the form of AIEED 2020.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to 2020 AIEED Admission Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
AIEED Eligibility Criteria
Arch College of Design and Business conduct AIEED exam (All India Entrance Examination for Design to offer admissions to students in UG as well as PG design programmes that are on offer by it. AIEED 2020 is scheduled to be conducted only in online mode. The entrance exam conducted by AIEED comprises of a Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) as well as a General Aptitude Test (GAT).
AIEED exam 2020 will be held in three Stages which are
- Stage I- Video & Portfolio
- Stage II- Exam (GAT & CAT)
- Stage III- Interaction
Arch College of Design and Business entrance exam AIEED 2020 is designed in such a way so as to test the “aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. It also tests the problem-solving & logical reasoning aptitude of the student”, informs the official website.
|Exam Name||All India Entrance Examination for Design|
|AIEED 2020 Exam level||National Level|
|AIEED 2020 Exam Type||Under Graduate & Post Graduate|
|AIEED 2020 Exam Conducted by||ARCH Academy of Design|
|Courses Offered through AIEED 2020||B.Des, BVA, BBA, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Jewellery Design, Craft & Accessory Design, B.A., M.Voc, and M.A.|
|Duration||GAT: 2 hours
CAT: 3 hours
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
AIEED 2020 datasheet for the academic year 2020 is released so here is the important dates for the AIEED Entrance Exam 2020.
|AIEED Application Form release date||October 1, 2019|
|Last date for filling the application form||28 November 2019|
|Admit Card release date||Soon after registration|
|Stage 1: AIEED 2020 – General Ability Test||December 1, 2019, to December 15, 2019|
|Stage 2: AIEED – Creative Ability Test||December 2, 2019, to December 19, 2019|
|Stage 3: Interaction||To be notified|
|January Session||January 15 to May 31, 2020 (Extended)|
AIEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the updated eligibility criteria for the AIEED 2020 Entrance examination.
|Programs||Undergraduate Programmes||Postgraduate Programmes|
|Eligibility||The aspirant must have the 12th level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
|Graduates or students pursuing graduation in any discipline from a recognised university can apply for this course.|
|Age Criteria||Candidates should have attained the age of 16 years and above, as per Pearson-Edexcel norms applicable to all International Undergraduate level course. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)||The applicants appearing for PG Design courses have to complete 21 years of age as the lower limit, are eligible for the Strategic Management & Leadership Programme as well as the Design Management Programmes. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)|
- Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Caste Criteria AIEED 2020 exam:
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s case, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of.
- They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list caste for each state is available on the site www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in).
- Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the online application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification
Frequently Asked Questions
Arch College of Design and Business conduct AIEED exam (All India Entrance Examination for Design to offer admissions to students in UG as well as PG design programmes that are on offer by it.
There are no age criteria to appear in the exam.
AIEED stands for All India Entrance Examination for Design which comprise of 4 stages,
Stage 1 – GAT – General Ability Test.
Stage 2 – CAT – Creative Aptitude Test.
Stage 3 -Video and Portfolio Submission
Stage 4 -Personal Interaction.
Applications fee can be paid in cash, through Demand Draft or online on the official website of AIEED.
Yes, AIEED can be attempted offline also but only through special permission, Offline AIEED exam can be attempted in Jaipur campus of ARCH.
Application Fee of AIEED is Rs 3,000.