Bakhtiyarpur College of Engineering also known as BCE Bakhtiyarpur is one of the six new Government Engineering College being set up by the Government of Bihar under the Department of Science and Technology. The college will start its first academic session from session 2016-17 from the old campus of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna at Patliputra Colony.
BCE Bakhtiyarpur is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and has four engineering branches Computer Science, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical & Electronics. The college will have an intake of 60 per branch and 240 students in total.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement
- The institute is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Recognized by the Govt. of Bihar
- The college is under the Department of Science and Technology and is affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU) Patna.
- The Institute welcomes its students with well qualified and experienced faculty. It also Provides Ragging free campus in accordance with AICTE.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas with the help of language lab. Students Activity Centre (SAC) to promote Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
4 years B.Tech Undergraduate Courses:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Separate hostels for boys and girls dedicated cafeteria, 24-hour power supply, transport, housekeeping and medical care.
- Hygienic, multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen for both resident students and day scholars.
- Centralized Library with more than 15,000 books. Reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Highly equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of the latest news& events.
- Highly equipped Mechanical and Electrical lab with the latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocation subject.
- Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
- Admission in the college is made through Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (B.C.E.C.E.) conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
Read Also: BCECE: Things you must know before Applying
- Fees structure for 4 years B.Tech Programmes: Rs 35,000/-
Bakhtiyarpur College of Engineering, Patna will have its first Batch pass out in the academic year 2020 and till then nothing can be said about the placement of the college. But one thing is sure the full-fledged training and placement cell in the college will work hard to get some of the top-notch companies for the campus placements and a vision of 100% placement will be reached by then.
Bakhtiyarpur College of Engineering, Patna renders Technology Support Service in the areas of IT, Electronics, testing and quality assurance and hence making all of its courses good and upgraded. Faculties are highly trained; infrastructure is up to the mark.
Highly equipped labs add flying colours to its destiny and hence making this institution recommendable in the field of engineering. Edufever gives this college 3 out of 5 on its rating scale.
Bakhtiyarpur College of Engineering, Patna
Old IIT Campus, Patliputra
Pin code-800 013, Patna, Bihar
Email: [email protected]yarpur.in