Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 (Indian Metrological Department)
As the notification for the SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 is just being published, aspirants are quite busy in giving their preparation the final touch. People say that it’s too hard to clear the exam for the very first time and aspirants generally take multiple attempts to clear it. But if your preparation is effective and your determination is strong like concrete, then you can easily clear the cut-off in your very first attempt. All you need is, these Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant (By Expert and Previous Year Toppers)
Every year Lakhs of aspirant from across the Nation eagerly waits for the notification of Staff Selection Commission (SSC). As the name itself reflects that the organisation is one of the biggest Public Recruitment agency in India. The notification is made for filling up near about 1100 Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department. Throughout the article, every aspect related to Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 will be Discussed.
- 1 Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant (Expert Choice)
- 1.1 Exam Pattern.
- 1.2 Best Books For SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017
- 1.2.1 1. General Awareness
- 1.2.2 GK and Current affairs books for SSC Scientific Assistant:
- 1.2.3 2. General Intelligence & Reasoning ability
- 1.2.4 3. Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
- 1.2.5 4. Test of English Language & Comprehension
- 1.2.6 5. Computer Science
- 1.2.7 6. Physics Books For SSC SA-IMD
- 1.2.8 Electronics & Telecommunication Books for SSC SA-IMD
- 1.3 Online Test Series & Study Materials.
Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant (Expert Choice)
Before we discuss best available books to crack SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017, let us read the complete exam pattern and syllabus for this prestigious exam.
The Question paper for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017 will be of 200 questions. The exam Paper will be divided into two parts. Part 1 and part 2. Let us look into the exam pattern of both the parts in Brief.
|Paper||Subjects||No of Questions||Time Duration|
|Part I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||120 |
|English language & Comprehension||25|
|Part II||Physics, Computer Science & Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||100|
Things to Know
- Paper Type: Objective.
- Negative marking: 1/4th marks for every wrong answer.
- Parts: Paper will be divided into two Parts (Part 1 & Part 2)
Best Books For SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017
1. General Awareness
If you want to do great in the SSC Scientific Assistant then no doubt current affairs can really help you to score good marks in short interval of time. You need not have to be a geek to mug up all the latest news and affairs, just keep updating yourself. Magazines like ‘Pratiyogita Darpan’, ‘competition success review (CSR)’, ‘Yojna’ etc will help you to understand latest buzz in most lucid manner. Apart from that reading newspaper like ‘The Hindu’, Telegraph etc will help you in English vocabulary and will also improve your general awareness.
General Awareness by Manohar Panday (Publisher: Arihant) Click Here to Buy
GK and Current affairs books for SSC Scientific Assistant:
- Manorama Yearbook 2017 (The best book to prepare for GK section in competitive exams)
Buy from Flipkart:
2. General Intelligence & Reasoning ability
Just like other general competitive examination Reasoning play very crucial role in SSC Exam also, so the students have been advised to buy some effective and latest publish reasoning books.
Buy from Flipkart Discount up to 25 %
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali (Publisher: Arihant): Click Here to Buy or,
- A Modern Approach To Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition by R.S.Aggarwal (Publisher: S.Chand): Click Here to Buy
3. Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
There are many books on Numerical Ability available in the market but I will recommend you only 2-3 books from which you have to buy only 1-2.
Buy from Flipkart Discount up to 25 %:
- Quantitative Aptitude by N.K.Singh (Publisher: Upkar Prakashan): Click Here to Buy or,
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggrawal (Publisher: S.Chand Publishing): Click Here to Buy
4. Test of English Language & Comprehension
The test of English is basically in addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English Language, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. would also be covered.
- High School English Grammar & Composition Revised Edition (English) 1st Edition by Wren and Martin
From Flipkart: Click Here to Buy or,
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi:
From Flipkart with 31% off at 194/- Click Here to Buy or,
- English – From Plinth to Paramount (Vol-1 and 2) by Neetu Singh (Publisher: K.D Publication)
From Flipkart with 24 %: Click Here to Buy
Note: Try to buy one one book.
5. Computer Science
Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions from Computer Science may be asked in Part 2 of the SSC Scientific Recruitment for the selection of Assistant in Indian Metrological Department.
- Computer Knowledge by Dr. Alok Kumar or R.Pillai Click Here to Buy or,
- Computer Awareness by Mini Goyal and Shweta Rani (Publisher: Arihant) Click Here to Buy
6. Physics Books For SSC SA-IMD
Section wise division of some of the Basics of physics like current electricity, magnetism, semiconductors, quantum theory, optics etc can fetch you extra marks. Aspirants can use these links to download NCERT Physics Textbooks for class 11 and 12th in PDF for Free.
|Class||Subject||Book Name||Download Link|
|XIth||Physics||Physics Part – I||Download|
|XIth||Physics||Physics Part – II||Download|
|XIIth||Physics||Physics Part – I||Download|
|XIIth||Physics||Physics Part – II||Download|
Some of the other recommended Books for Physics for SSC Scientific Assistant are mentioned below.
|The concept of Physics Part 1.||HC Verma||Buy Now|
|The concept of Physics Part 2.||HC Verma||Buy Now|
|Understanding Physics Series||D. C Pandey||Buy Now|
Electronics & Telecommunication Books for SSC SA-IMD
Electronic & Telecommunication is one of the most complicated subjects for SSC Aspirants. But, you need not worry about as these highly recommended books on Electronics & Communication will help you to have supreme command over subject materials and numerical asked in the subject.
|Solid State Electronic Devices (7th Edition)||Ben G. Streetman, Sanjay Banerjee|
|Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications (5th Edition)||Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith|
|Principles of Communication Systems 4th Edition||Herbert Taub, Goutam Saha, Donald L. Schilling|
|Modern Digital and Analog Communication System||Leon W. Couch|
Online Test Series & Study Materials.
If you have been through the post then it’s time to check the level of your knowledge with these specially designed test series on General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and other High Valued Subjects.
Free Online Test for Aptitude, Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General Knowledge etc. Click Here
Download Free Study Material and Notes:
- General Knowledge and General Studies: Click Here
- English Language: Click Here
- Study Material and Notes of Computer Science Free!! Click Here
- SSC Scientific Assistant Cut-off: Last Year Cut-off for IMD
- Expected Salary of SSC Scientific Assistant – Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)
- SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017: Syllabus (Part 1 & Part 2)
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims syllabus/ Exam Pattern/ Elementary Resources.
- Download NCERT Books for Competitive Exams in PDF (Free)
For any Query related to Best Books for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2017, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the best preparation Strategy for SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!