Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra is a deemed university which was established in 1955 in Ranchi, Jharkhand. BIT Mesra Offers B.E, B.Arch, B.Pharm, BHMCT at UG level. The institute offers M.E, M.Tech, M.Sc., MUP, MCA, MBA at PG level. It also offers PhD courses in various specializations. Here in this Post, we will discuss the Complete Admission Process of BHMCT Course and Eligibility Criteria. Now let’s have a Brief look at BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2019.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 4-year (8-semester) full-time BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology) programme at Mesra for the session 2019-23. throughout this post, we will get to know about Complete Information about Admission Criteria, Form Filling Process and Required Eligibility Criteria.
Details of BHMCT
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT): is a Four year UnderGraduate Course. Design Especially for the Young Students for the Hospitality industry. This Course is a Professional Course Focusing on the Professional Skills and Knowledge necessary for jobs in either the hotel industry or helping students encourage opening their own business in the catering or hotel industry.
|Filling of online form commences from||3 April 2019|
|Last date to Apply online||25 June 2019|
|DATE FOR ENTRANCE TEST||7 July 2019 From 10:00 am to 12:00 Noon (Sunday)|
|Interview||7 July 2019 From 2:00 pm onwards (Sunday)|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List||8 July 2019|
Note: Classes will commence from the 3rd week of July 2019 (Exact date will be announced at a later stage)
The selection will be made on the basis of performance of the Admission Seekers in Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the Institute. However, Admission Seekers must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements.
- Admission Seekers must have passed Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with English as a subject.
- Appearing Students may also apply, subject to production of mark sheet with requisite percentage of marks at the time of Entrance Test and Interview.
- Only those Admission Seekers whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1994 in case of General / OBC category and 1st October 1989 in case of SC/ST are eligible for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic.
- Admission Seekers with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board.
- At the time of reporting for admission & document verification, selected candidates will be required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class 10, Marksheets of Class 10 and Class 12 showing requisite minimum marks, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by the appropriate authority (please see instructions).
- At any level of the studies [Class X or Class XII], a candidate/applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the college and click on ‘Click here to Apply Online’ under the respective course.
- Register first and then login with the username and password.
- Fill the form carefully and upload passport size photograph not exceeding by 10 kb.
- Pay the application fees through State Bank Collect.
- To apply for the programme, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay the application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST candidates) through State Bank Collect -net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
Here in This table, we define the Complete Fee Structure Details of BHMCT Course Offered by BIT Mesra.
|Particular||1st Sem||2nd Sem||3rd Sem||4th Sem||5th Sem||6th Sem||7th Sem||8th Sem|
|Institute Exam Fee||5000||5000||5500||5500||6000||6000||6500||6500|
|Hostel Seat Rent* Electricity and Transport etc.||13500||13500||14500||14500||15500||15500||16500||16500|
|Additional amount to be paid at the time of admission:||Amount|
|(i) Admission Fee (One time only)||15,000|
|(ii) Caution Money (One-time only-Refundable)||10,000|
- The fee must be paid by Demand Draft in Favor of ” Birla Institute of Technology” Payable at Ranchi.
- The admission fee can also be paid online through State Bank Collect (for details, students are advised to visit Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in)
Syllabus for Entrance Test
|Sr.NO||Section Name||Syllabus||Number of Question|
|1||English Language||Sequence of Sentences, Comprehension, Synonyms, Fillers, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution & Common Errors.||25|
|2||Numerical and Data Analysis||HCF and LCM, Number System, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Time, Speed and Distance, Average, Simple Interest, Plane Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Data Sufficiency & Data Interpretation.||25|
|3||Reasoning and Intelligence||Classification, Analogy Test, Coding-Decoding Test, Series Test, Alphabet Test, Direction Test, Comprehension of Ranks, Blood Relations Test, Image Test, Cube and Dice, Counting of Figures Test, & Miscellaneous Test.||25|
|4||General Knowledge||Geography, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Polity, General awareness, General Science, Business Awareness.||25|
**For Further Details about BIT Mesra Admission Details 2018. Students can check and Contact with the Address of BIT Mesra Ranchi. The Address of BIT Mesra is given Below:
Birla Institue of Technology, Mesra
Address: Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215
Phone: 0651 227 5444
Best of Luck…!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply