Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra is a deemed university which was established in 1955 in Ranchi, Jharkhand. BIT Mesra Offers B.E, B.Arch, B.Pharm, BHMCT at UG level. The institute offers M.E, M.Tech, M.Sc., MUP, MCA, MBA at PG level. It also offers PhD courses in various specializations. Here in this Post, we will discuss the Complete Admission Process of MBA Course and Eligibility Criteria. Now let’s have a Brief look at BIT Mesra MBA admission 2018.
Applications are invited from Students for admission to the 2-year full-time MBA (Master of Business Administration) programme at Mesra (Main Campus) and its Extension Centre at Lalpur & Noida for the session 2019-20.
MBA Course Description
MBA Program: The Master of Business Administration(MBA) is a master’s degree in the field of business administration (management). The MBA program covers various areas of business such as accounting, applied statistics, business communication, business ethics, business law, finance, managerial economics, management, entrepreneurship, marketing and operations in a manner most relevant to management analysis and strategy.
Students are offered dual Functional Specialization in the following areas:
- System Management
Admission Seekers who have appeared/are appearing in CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / MAT Sept-2018 or MAT Dec-2018 or MAT Feb 2018 and having minimum requisite total percentile/scores as given below may apply for the programme. Selection will be made on the basis of performance of the Admission Seekers in GD & PI (Group Discussion & Personal Interview).
|CAT 2018||XAT 2019||CMAT 2019||MAT Sept-2018 or MAT Dec-2018 or MAT Feb-2019|
|40 (35 for SC/ST) Total Percentile||40 (35 for SC/ST) Total Percentile||40 (35 for SC/ST) Total Percentile||320 (280 for SC/ST) Total Score)|
Admission Seekers must have appeared in one of the following competitive examinations and should have minimum requisite percentile/scores as per the details are given below:
- Admission Seekers must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Qualification from any Recognized University.
- Admission Seekers must have minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Honours/aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in graduation.
- Admission Seekers appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2018 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent
- At the time of reporting for the ‘GD & PI’ such applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that: a) by 30th June 2018, he/she will have appeared for the examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree. b) He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks.
- Admission Seeker with qualification 5) Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks in average calculated.
(1.) Admission Seekers with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
(2.) In case, any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case, a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
(3.) At any level of the studies [Class X, Class XII or Graduation], an Admission Seeker must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
Read Also: Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2019)
Read Also: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2019)
How to Apply
- To start the online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ by clicking on “New users register here” when prompted. Do not share the username and password with anybody else.
- To apply for the programme, eligible Student must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) through State Bank Collect-net banking or the debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Admission Seekers may use the Online Application Form to apply for the MBA programme at BIT Mesra (Main Campus) and its Extension Centres at Lalpur & Noida in order of preference by selecting the Campus (Centre of Place for Study) from the prompt. Candidates will not be permitted to alter their preferences at a later stage.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
- Please fill and submit the application form online only, take the printout of the same and retain with you as the same will be required to produce at the time of reporting for GD & PI.
Documents Required at the Time of GD & PI
- A Print-Out of Completed online Form
- Admission Seekers must have one Recent colour Photograph
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
- Original of the following documents/certificates: Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for GD & PI, as well as one set of photocopies:
a). Pass certificate and Marksheet of Class 10
b). Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent.
c). Marksheets of Graduation for graduates
- Marksheets up to a pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2018. They must also bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that: i. By 30th June 2018, he/she will have appeared for the examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree. ii. He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades/marks.
- Printout of Admit Card / Hall Ticket of CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / MAT Sept -2018 or MAT Dec-2018 or MAT Feb-2019 [as received by e-mail]
- Printout of Score Card of CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / MAT Sept -2018 or MAT Dec-2018 or MAT Feb-2019
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by the appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
- Without original of the above documents/certificates, no candidates will be permitted to appear in the GD & PI.
Read Also: Common Admission Test (CAT 2019)
|Particulars||1st Sem||2nd Sem||3rd Sem||4th Sem|
|Institute Exam Fee||5000||5000||5500||5500|
|Hostel Seat Rent* Electricity and Transport etc.||13500||13500||14500||14500|
Addition Amount Paid at the time of Admission
|Additional Amount Paid at the time of Admission:||Total|
|(i) Admission Fee(one time only)= Rs. 15,000||Rs. 25,000|
|(ii) Caution Money (one time only- Refundable)= Rs. 10,000|
**For Further Details about BIT Mesra Admission Details 2018. Students can check and Contact with the Address of BIT Mesra Ranchi. The Address of BIT Mesra is given Below:
Birla Institue of Technology, Mesra
Address: Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215
Phone: 0651 227 5444
Best of Luck…!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply