Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra is a deemed university which was established in 1955 in Ranchi, Jharkhand. BIT Mesra Offers B.E, B.Arch, B.Pharm, BHMCT at UG level. The institute offers M.E, M.Tech, M.Sc., MUP, MCA, MBA at PG level. It also offers PhD courses in various specializations. Here in this Post, we will discuss the Complete Admission Process of PhD Course and Eligibility Criteria. Now let’s have a Brief look at BIT Mesra PhD admission 2018.
Applications are invited from eligible Students for admission to PhD programme at Mesra (Main Campus) and its Extension Centres at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur and BIT Noida for the session 2019-20.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2019
Objectives of the PhD Program
The objectives of the programme are to impart research training to the scholar and to prepare him/her for a career in independent investigation and original research so as to enable him to make a significant contribution to knowledge in his/her field and profession. The research programme shall ensure that it is not an end in itself, but a means for a fruitful research career.
Admission to PhD is done on the basis of PhD entrance test conducted by the institute. the Date and Schedule of PhD Exam are Given Below:
|Filling of Online from commences From||15 April 2019|
|Last date to Apply Online||9 May 2019|
|Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written Test and Interview||13 May 2019|
|DATE OF ENTRANCE TEST||21 May 2019|
|Interview of the selected candidates||22 May 2019|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List on the Institute website / Notice Boards||23 May 2019|
|Admission from 24 May 2019 to 4 June 2019|
|Classes will commence from 1st /2nd week of July 2019 [Exact date will be notified at a later stage]|
How to Fill Application Form
- Visit the official website of the college and click on ‘Click here to Apply Online’ under the respective course.
- Register first and then login with the username and password.
- Fill the form carefully and upload passport size photograph not exceeding by 10 kb.
- Pay the application fees through State Bank Collect.
- Application Fees: INR 2500 (for General candidates) and INR 1500 (for SC/ST candidates)
- Send the print out of completed application form with required enclosures by speed post/courier to the Address of BIT Mesra. the Address of Head office is given Below:
The Office of Dean,
Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institue of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215
- Admission Seekers with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Programme of the Institute:
- Admission Seekers possessing M. Tech / M. E / M. Sc. (Engg.) / M. Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Admission Seekers possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Admission Seekers possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and employed in R&D organisations and having ten years experience with good research credentials are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- 5% Relaxation for SC/ST Candidates
Required Documents along with Application Form
Admission Seeker must enclose photocopies of documents with the application form.
- Pass certificate and mark sheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 or equivalent
- Certificate and mark sheet of Graduation and Post-Graduation
- College Leaving certificate
- Migration Certificate
- National level entrance exam score card and admit card
- Caste certificate
- Payment receipt of Application fees
- NOC, Experience certificate for candidates employed in the R&D department
- One recent passport size photograph
- Photo Identification – DL, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Employee Identification Card
**For Further Details about BIT Mesra Admission Details 2019. Students can check and Contact with the Address of BIT Mesra Ranchi. The Address of BIT Mesra is given Below:
Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835 215
Phone: PBX: 0651-2275444 / 896,
Extn. 4469, and 0651-2275868 (Direct)
Fax: 0651- 2276007, 2275401
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Best of Luck…!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply