BITSAT 2019 is one of the most popular National level Engineering Entrance Examination after JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. The exam is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (Deemed University). The Entrance Exam is a computer-based Aptitude Test conducted every year in the month of May/June. Successful candidates of BITSAT 2019 will be eligible to apply for 2,000 B.E. (Honours) seats offered by the University.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is also known as BITSAT 2019 is conducted every year for admissions to Integrated First Degree Programmes of Engineering at the university and its campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
Why choose BITSAT
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of BITSAT 2019 which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose BITSAT 2019.
- BITSAT 2019 score card is the mandatory requirement for the admission in Top Ranked Engineering Institutions BITS Pilani and other campuses like BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad and BITS Dubai.
- BITS Pilani(Deemed University) is considered as one of The Top 5 private Technical Institutes in India.
- The University has been recently ranked 13 in Top 100 Best Universities in India, Ranked 16 in Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India, and Ranked 6 in Top 50 Pharmacy Colleges in India.
So if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about BITSAT 2019. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2019.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Aspirants should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the BITSAT 2019 exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing BITSAT 2019 exam is given below.
- For admission to all the programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
- Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2019 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2019 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed a 12th examination in 2017 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2019. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2019.
Candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
Number of Attempts
Number of Attempts: According to official instructions, Each Aspirant will be able to attempt the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2019) only 2 times in his/her lifetime.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of BITSAT 2019 gives detailed information about the duration of the exam the number of questions asked, the medium of question paper and more. Aspirants are advised to go through the prescribed pattern of BITSAT 2019 to know the details of the type of question will be asked in the paper, the schedule of the examination, the total marks of examination, negative marking, and each marking scheme, etc. By checking the BITSAT 2019 exam pattern, the candidate will be able to process the information and prepare well beforehand.
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
- Time duration of BITSAT 2019: 3 hours (without break)
- Type of questions: Objective in nature
- Total number of questions: 150
- Sections: 4 sections – Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks, while 1 mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect answer. For unattempted questions, the examinees will be given no marks or zero marks.
BITSAT 2019 Books
The BITSAT 2019 Exam is consist of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and General Reasoning. Candidates are advised to choose the books for BITSAT wisely to score well in the Examination. The question paper asked in BITSAT 2019 will be based on the syllabus prescribed. According to some of the previous toppers of BITSAT, 6 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for BITSAT Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the BITSAT Examination.
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
BITSAT Application Form 2019 will be available online from the 4th January 2019 until March 31st, 2019. Candidates have to register themselves, fill the application form and pay the prescribed application fee of BITSAT 2019. Candidates are advised to keep a printout of the filled in application form for all future references.
BITSAT 2019 Application Fee
The application fee for BITSAT 2019 is mentioned below.
|Category||Application Fee (Rs)|
|For male candidates||3150|
|For female candidates||2650|
|For male/female candidates opting for Dubai exam centre||US $80 (Rs. 5696.04)|
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
BITSAT Admit Card 2019 will be made available for those candidates who have booked their slots for the entrance exam as per the schedule and available slots in any exam centre. Such candidates have to download their admit card of BITSAT 2019, which will be available from 12th April 2019 to 13 May 2019. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card of BITSAT 2019 until the time when admission process gets over. Without BITSAT 2019 admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam centre.
BITSAT 2019 Result
BITSAT Result 2019 will be announced online tentatively from the last week of May 2019. BITS University will announce BITSAT result 2019 for different iterations – Iteration I, II, III, IV and V on different dates. The result of BITSAT 2019 will be announced just after the completion of the online entrance exam. Through the BITSAT 2019 result, the candidates can check their correct and incorrect answers with the score. They can also check and print their BITSAT 2019 score report after the completion of the test.
BITSAT 2019 Cutoff (Expected)
The BITSAT cutoff 2019 is the minimum marks prescribed by the board for the selection of students. Merit list, including the rank of candidates, will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for BITSAT 2019 need to clear the Cutoff to finally get selected. BITSAT 2019 Cutoff will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and last year admission record.
|Course||Expected Cutoff for BITS Pilani||Expected Cutoff for BITS Goa||Expected Cutoff for BITS Hyderabad|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||350||339|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||301||298|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||237||202||202|
BITSAT 2019 Counselling
BITSAT 2019 Counselling will be conducted after the declaration of BITSAT 2019 result. For participating in the counselling procedure for admissions to over 2,000 seats in Integrated First Degree Programmes of Engineering and B.E. (Honours) programmes, the candidates have to register and fill up the application form. They need to apply for admissions by filling up the application form along with 12th marks and preferences of degree programmes and institute. Counselling of BITSAT 2019 will be held simultaneously for BITS Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. Topper candidates from central or state boards have to apply separately for admission under “Direct admission to board Toppers”.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Centres
There are more than 40 Exam centres is assigned where a candidate appearing for BITSAT 2019 can give the entrance test. A Candidate is advised to choose the centre wisely without making any mistake as the chosen centre will not be changed in the later stage. The allotment of the examination centre for BITSAT 2019 is solely based on the choices made by the candidates at the time of applying. BITSAT Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
|S.No.||Exam Centres||S.No.||Exam Centres|
|8||Chennai||34||Pilani Campus of BITS|
|11||Dubai Campus of BITS (International Campus)||37||Rajahmundry|
|13||Goa Campus of BITS||39||Roorkee|
|18||Hyderabad Campus of BITS||44||Vadodara|
Important Dates of BITSAT 2019
The BITSAT 2019 Online application form has been released already. The last date to apply for BITSAT 2019 Examination has been extended. Now the candidates can apply for the examination till 31st March 2019. The complete exam schedule is given below:
|Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2019||31st March 2019 (5.00pm)|
|Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates||22nd March – 1st April 2019|
|Test centre allotment and announcement to candidates||3rd April 2019|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot||5th April – 12th April 2019|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions||12th April – 13th May 2019|
|BITSAT Online tests||16th May – 26th May 2019*|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||18th May – 18th June 2019|
|Admit List and Waitlist announcement||20th June 2019|
Aspirant before going BITSAT 2019 exam, candidates must check the most important links regarding all the information of BITSAT 2019 exam.
|BITSAT 2019 Major Notification||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Admit Card||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Syllabus & Study Materials||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern| Types of Questions||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Previous Year Papers||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 recommended Books||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Cut-off||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Counselling Procedure||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2019 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
For any Query related to BITSAT 2019 notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the exam.
Best of Luck…!!