Hi Friends, today we are going to discuss you about CBSE Business Studies class 12 syllabus with all the best books recommended to score great in this particular subject.The studies of Business Studies will prepare students to analyze, manage and evaluate to changes which affect business.
As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and syllabus designed for the students and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. So it is always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in class 12 Business studies syllabus.
Best Books for Business studies class 12th syllabus
For Business studies of class XII, one can opt from the list of books listed below.
- Business Studies for class 12 By Subhash Dey (Geeta Publishing House)
- NCERT Business studies book for class 12 ( NCERT Publication)
- Business studies for class 12 by Sandeep Garg
Overview of CBSE Business studies Class 12 Syllabus, Chapter wise Business studies syllabus for class 12, Class XII Business studies syllabus for session 2017-2018.
CBSE Business Studies class 12 syllabus’ chapter details in brief
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management-concept, objectives, and importance
- Management as Science, Art, and Profession
- Levels of Management
- Management functions- planning, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination- concept and importance
Unit 2: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management- concept and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment
- Business Environment- concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment- Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalization in India
Unit 4: Planning
- Concept, importance and limitation
- Planning process
- Single use and standing plans. Objectives, Strategy,
- Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Programme.
Unit 5: Organising
- Concept and importance
- Organising Process
- Structure of organisation- functional and divisionalconcept. Formal and informal organisation- concept
- Delegation, concept, elements and importance
- Decentralization: concept and importance
Unit 6: Staffing
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management concept
- Staffing process
- Recruitment process
- Training and Development- Concept and importance, Methods of training on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training
Unit 7: Directing
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing
- Supervision-concept, functions of a supervisor
- Motivation-concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non financial incentives
- Leadership- concept, styles- authoritative, democratic and laissez faire
- Communication- concept, formal and informal communication; barriers of effective
- communication, how to overcome the barriers
Unit 8: Controlling
- Concept and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in process of control
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
- Concept role and objective of Financial Management
- Financial decisions: investment, financing and dividend- Meaning and factors affecting
- Financial Planning concept and importance
- Capital Structure – Concept 8t factors determining Capital Structure
- Fixed and Working Capital- Concept and factors affecting their requirements
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets: Concept, Functions and types
- Money market and its instruments
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary), methods of floatation in the primary market
- Stock Exchange- Functions and trading procedure
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions
Unit 11: Marketing Management
- Selling and Marketing Concept
- Marketing Management- Concept
- Marketing Functions
- Marketing management philosophies
- Marketing Mix – Concept and elements
- Product branding, labelling and packaging – Concept
- Price- Concept, Factors determining price
- Physical Distribution – concept and components, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion – Concept and elements; advertising Concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling-concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion- Concept and techniques, public relations- concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection
- Consumer protection Act 1986: Meaning of consumer Rights and responsibilities of consumers Who can file a complaint against whom? Redressal machinery Remedies available.
- Consumer awareness- Role of Consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Unit 13: Project Work
Project work on Business studies will be based on the guidelines provided by CBSE.
Now Let us have a brief look at the salient features asked in CBSE Business studies class 12 syllabus.
|Part A:||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1.||Nature and Significance of Management||14|| |
|2.||Principles of Management||14|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|7.||Financial Management||22|| |
|9.||Marketing Management||32|| |