As the world population increases, people will become more dependent on the ocean for food and other basic needs. With the incorporation of the latest technologies into marine biology, the ocean can be transformed into an ultimate source of food, transportation, waste disposal, drinking water, and energy source. The following article will give you a brief idea about the Careers in Marine Biology in India. Read depth info on different Marine Biology jobs available after doing Marine Biology courses.
If you are passionate about saving the lives of injured marine creatures, then Marine Biology is the right profession for you. The following article will help you solve questions like do I want to become a Marine Biologist?
What is Marine Biology?
Marine Biology is a scientific discipline that deals with all types of sea creatures or marine bodies of water. It studies various life forms in the ocean and their behaviour and interactions with each other and the environment. Marine Biology consists of various sub-disciplines.
Some marine Biologist may work on algae and other microorganisms while others may concentrate on large animals like fishes. Marine Biologists study core subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Mathematics, Geology, and Anthropology and apply this knowledge for the study of oceans and ocean life forms.
Who is a Marine Biologist?
A person who specializes in the field of Marine Biology and pursues Marine Biology Courses is commonly known as Marine Biologist. Sometimes a Marine Biologist can be referred to as Marine Scientist, Marine Life Biologist, and Ocean Biologist.
They are trained professionals to examine various sea creatures and are able to continue their studies by specializing in a large ocean animal or a microscopic sea organism. The works of a Marine Scientist is more cornered around researching and field works rather than simply sitting on a bench and do the studies.
Various Marine Biology Courses in India
To work as Marine Biologist or to make careers in Marine Biology, one can earn a degree in following Marine Biology courses.
|Marine Biology Courses||Eligibility||Duration|
|Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology||Higher Secondary (10+2) with Science stream.||3 years|
|Master of Science in Marine Biology||Bachelor’s degree||2 years|
|Certificate courses in Marine Biology||Graduation||6 months|
|Master of Science (M.Sc.)||Bachelor’s degree||2 years|
|Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Marine Biology||Master’s Degree||2 year|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Marine Biology||Master’s degree||3 year|
Study in Low Budget MBBS Abroad Colleges: 9999-709-233
Top Marine Biology College in India
- Kerala Agricultural University
- The National Institute of Oceanography, Goa
- College of Fisheries, Kochi
- Andhra University
- Chettinad Academy of Research & Education
- Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies
- The Madras Christian College
|Indian Maritime University||Coimbatore|
|Centre for Atmospheric Science||Delhi|
|National Institute of Oceanography||Goa|
|University of Madras||Chennai|
|Cochin University of Science and Technology||Kochi|
|Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu|
|University of Calicut||Kerala|
Career Prospects & Marine Biology Jobs
Since a large proportion of earth is full of oceans and marine bodies, the demand for Marine Biologists is on the rise. A Marine Biologist can easily find a job in universities and colleges as there are many colleges pursuing Marine Biology.
Some international as well as federal and state organizations offer multiple job opportunities for a Marine Biologist as a researcher, fisheries biologist, environmental consultant, naturalist, marine illustrator, aquarium employee, biotechnology specialist, the environmental lobbyist, aquaculturist etc.
- Entry-level salaries from £12,000 for research field assistant positions.
- Abroad Salary up to £14,000 for appliance lab technicians and £30,000 for consultancy work.
- An experienced marine biologist was working in the local salaries. Salaries for PhD holders are between £26,000 and £35,000, although some marine laboratories and research organisations pay on a university lecturer scale between £28,000 and £45,000 a year (the range for postdoctoral research positions)
- CEOs in non-governmental organisations (NGOs) earn upwards of £40,000, while high-level research positions span up to £90,000 a year and university deans earning around £120,000.
- USA salaries will be higher.
NOTE: Income structures are intended as a guide only.
Study in Low Budget MBBS Abroad Colleges: 9999-709-233
Top Institutes in India Offering Marine Biology Courses
Many colleges in India offer Marine Biology courses. Some of the best Marine Biology colleges in India are as followed.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala
- Karnatak University, Karnataka
- Andhra Pradesh University, Waltair
- Annamalai University, TamilNadu
- Pondicherry University, TamilNadu
- College of Science and Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat
Frequency Asked Question(FAQs)
Answer: Below mentioned Available Courses after 12th Science.
6. BNYS–Naturopathy & Yogic Science.
7. BSMS – Siddha Medicine & Sciences.
8. Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)
Answer: Check out our list of the top 7 highest paying science careers for inspiration to guide your science career journey.
2. Atmospheric Scientists
3. Biochemists and biophysicists
4. Medical Scientists
6. Materials Scientist
8. Nuclear Technicians
Answer: Within those, you can specify further, work on the physiology of a group or do genetics to the point where it is more molecular biology than marine biology really, yet you are still a marine biologist. That said, yes, it can be very competitive and may be hard to find a job.
Answer: A marine biologist can be employed at places, such as university research laboratories, private companies, government research laboratories, and nonprofit environmental advocacy organizations.
Answer: Because the space they work in can be cramped, such as when they are on a research vessel, marine biologists need to get along with a variety of people, from subordinates to peers and supervisors. They also need good coordination and strong problem-solving, negotiation and time-management skills.
Worried about Low rank in NEET 2020; Don’t want to waste a year? Study in Low Budget MBBS College in Russia/Ukraine/Kazakhstan and 10+ Low Budget Countries Call Now: +91-9999709233 & Apply Now
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply