A report by Equity Master concludes that the Indian Pharmaceutical market is considered as the third largest when it comes to volume and thirteenth largest when it comes to value. Pharmacy is an amalgamation of health science and Rasa Shastra or Science of mercury. The following article will give you a brief idea about the Careers in Pharmacy in India. Read depth info on different Pharmacist jobs available after doing Pharmacy courses.
Pharmaceutics, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy and Pharmacy Practice come under the field of Pharmacy. Pharmacy is considered as patient-oriented while Pharmacology is medical scientific oriented. Throughout this article, every aspect related to Pharmacy and Pharmacist will be covered.
1. What is Pharmacy?
2. What are the duties of a pharmacist?
3. Various Pharmacy Courses in India
4. What are the Career Prospects of Pharmacy?
5. Top Institutes in India Offering Pharmacy Courses
6. Frequently Asked Question
What is Pharmacy?
Pharmacy is a branch of medical science which deals with the science and techniques of preparing and dispensing drugs. The study of medicines and drugs in terms of their usage in the most secure and effective way is known as Pharmacy. A person who practices Pharmacy is called as a Pharmacist. The duties of a Pharmacist include explaining the usage and medical aspects of a medicine or a drug to the patients as per the instructions received from a doctor. The following article will give you a brief idea about the Careers in Pharmacy in India. Read depth info on different Pharmacy jobs available after doing Pharmacy courses.
A place or an industry where medicines and drugs are stored for selling is generally referred to as Pharmacy. The duty of a Pharmacist is not limited to simply study the science and importance of a drug, but he or she has to examine and review the medications for safety and efficacy and clinical services.
What are the duties of a Pharmacist?
The important duties of a Pharmacist are listed below:-
- Prepare medicines and drugs as per the instructions received from a Physician
- Compounding, Packaging, Labeling and Dispensing medications
- Educate patients about the importance, safety, and efficacy of medications
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Examine and review medications
- Improve knowledge level about various medications by participating in training programs and discussions
Various Pharmacy Courses in India
To work as a Pharmacist or to make careers in Pharmacy, one can earn a degree in following Pharmacy courses.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Duration|
|Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm)||Higher Secondary (10+2)||2 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)||Higher Secondary (10+2)||4 Years|
|Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)||After Graduate||2 Years|
|Post Baccalaureate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)||After Post Graduation||2 Years|
What are the Career Prospects of Pharmacy?(Jobs)
India is the largest provider of generic drugs globally and hence it is not a hard task to find a job in the field of Pharmacy. Since India has got a reasonable rank globally in terms of volume and value of medications, it is advised that one with good experience and skill set should start their own business in Pharmacy.
Read Also: AYURVEDA – A Career For Healthy Success
Being a Pharmacist, one can do research under private or government organizations or produce and review medications under a doctor or a physician. There are a number of pharmaceutical factories in India offering multiple job opportunities for a Pharmacist. Apart from that, a Pharmacist can work as:
- Drug Technician
- Drug Inspector
- Pathological Lab Technician
- Health Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
Top Institutes in India Offering Pharmacy Courses
Many colleges in India offer Pharmacy Courses. Some of the best Pharmacy colleges in India are as followed.
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- IIT BHU, Dept. of Pharmaceutics, Varanasi
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Delhi
- Andhra University, Vishakapatnam
Top NEET Coaching Centre in Delhi NCR
Below we have mentioned the Best NEET Coaching Centre in Delhi NCR that will help you defiantly to Benefit the Preparation of Courses.
|NEET Coaching Centre in Delhi||Click Here|
|NEET Coaching Centre in Noida||Click Here|
|NEET Coaching Centre in Greater Noida||Click Here|
|NEET Coaching Centre in Gurgaon||Click Here|
|NEET Coaching Centre in Ghaziabad||Click Here|
|NEET Coaching Centre in Faridabad||Click Here|
Frequency Asked Question(FAQs)
Question 1: Which field is best for science students with Biology (PCB)?
Answer: Below mentioned Available Courses after 12th Science.
6. BNYS–Naturopathy & Yogic Science.
7. BSMS – Siddha Medicine & Sciences.
8. Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)Question 2: What are some of the best career options for a Science student?
Answer: Check out our list of the top 7 highest paying science careers for inspiration to guide your science career journey.
2. Atmospheric Scientists
3. Biochemists and biophysicists
4. Medical Scientists
6. Materials Scientist
8. Nuclear TechniciansQuestion 3: Is the pharmacy a good career?
Answer: There’s also a reason why pharmacists are one of the most appreciated professions. The road to becoming a pharmacist is long and hard, but you will have a stable job making good money and usually will have fixed hours and can have a work-life balance. Yes, of course, becoming a pharmacist is the right choice.Question 4: Which is better Pharm D or B Pharm?
Answer: D degree is better than a B. Pharm degree even though both are undergraduate courses. Pharm D stands for doctor of pharmacy, and it is a six-year academic program. It comprises more of clinical aspects of pharmacy than B Pharm.Question 5: Can I do MBBS after B Pharm?
Answer: No. You can’t take admission in mbbs on the B.Pharma basis. You can take admission in M.Pharma but noot in MBBS. And if you want to be an MBBS, then you will have to clear entrance exam of medical. After completing B.Pharma, you can get a job in any pharma company