Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) is national-level MBA/PGDM entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM). Common Admission Test (CAT) considered the India’s largest window for admission in management programme. Almost all the reputed management institution accept CAT scorecard.
Common Admission Test (CAT 2018)
In this article, we are going to share all the essential details of CAT 2018 like Entrance Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Result Counselling Details, Last Year/Old Papers etc.
Why choose CAT Exam?
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of CAT Entrance Exam 2018, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- Common Admission Test (CAT) is the biggest national level MBA/PGDM Entrance Test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year. Getting top rank in the CAT is first and foremost priority for an MBA aspirants.
- CAT is conducted by IIM and this year CAT will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management Lucknow.
- CAT 2018 scores will not only be accepted by the 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in India but over 100 B-schools across the country like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, NITIE, TAMPI, etc. Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs.
- After the disconnection of JMET in 2011, it was announced that Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) would also use the CAT scores.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about CAT admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on CAT 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, the student can apply for this MBA Entrance Test. The eligibility conditions of the exam are given below:
Here are the eligibility criteria for CAT 2018:
- Students should have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST, and PWD/DA category).
- Percentage obtained in bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university/ institution.
- Candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and by multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT.
Category wise seat reservation:
CAT Exam Pattern
The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 will be a computer-based test held in India. The questions will be in mix set multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and non- MCQ’s format.
Subject wise questions distribution:
|S.N||Subject||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Total No. of Question||Time Duration|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||24||8||32||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||60|
- Exam Type: National level
- Mode of conduct: Computer-based test
- No. of questions:100
- Test Duration:3:00 hours
- Negative Marking: yes (1 mark for each wrong answer)
CAT Syllabus 2018
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Quantitative Ability|
| || || |
CAT 2018 Application Process
How to apply?
- Candidates have to visit the official website which is given below to register by filling up personal information like name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number.
- After pressing the agree on button, You will receive the login credentials – Login ID and Password through SMS and Email.
- Login to the website by clicking on ‘Existing User’ tab.
- Fill up the form with essential details like Personal Details, Academics, Work Experience, Programmes.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature in .jpg or .jpeg format, not exceeding 80 KB in the given dimensions, 35mm x 45mm for photograph and 80mm x 35mm for the signature.
(Customize your photo in the above given form with various photo editing tool like Paint, Photo manager etc.)
- NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD-DA category candidates have to upload requisite attested certificates.
- Select the IIM and programmes for admission.
- Select any four test cities in terms of preference.
Application Fees: 1800/- (900/- for reserved candiadte.)
Modes of Payment
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft
CAT Admit Card 2017
The admit card of CAT 2018 has been released from October 25, 2017. CAT 2018 admit card is available only in online mode which the candidates have to download by visiting the CAT 2018 official website https://iimcat.ac.in/ and go to the right side of quick tour option.
Candidate have to enter User ID and Password.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in all the major cities in India, We are going to provide name of all the cities given below:
CAT Cutoff 2017
CAT Cutoff of IIMs for 2016
|DI & LR||70||50||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||70||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||75||65||60||65|
|DI & LR||85||77||55||50||55|
CAT 2017 Important Dates
|CAT 2018 Exam Schedule||Important Dates|
|CAT 2018 Notification||July 29, 2017|
|CAT 2018 Application Commencement||August 9, 2017|
|CAT 2018 last date to apply||September 25, 2017 (till 5 PM)|
|CAT 2018 application form edit||September 27 to 30, 2017|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||October 18, 2017 (1 PM onwards)|
|CAT 2018 Tutorial||October 18, 2017|
|CAT 2018 Exam||November 26, 2017|
|CAT 2018 Result||Second week of January 2018|
For queries regarding application form, payment, document uploading please contact us given contact details:
CAT Centre 2017
C/o. Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Prabandh Nagar, IIM Road
Lucknow – 226013