Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) is a national-level MBA/PGDM entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) every year. Common Admission Test (CAT) considered India’s largest window for admission in management programme. Through this exam, candidates can get admission to PG management courses offered by the IIMs or top B-schools of India. Almost all the reputed management institution accept CAT scorecard.
- 1 Common Admission Test (CAT 2018)
- 1.1 Why choose CAT Exam?
- 1.2 CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 CAT Exam Pattern
- 1.4 Exam Pattern of Each Section
- 1.5 CAT Syllabus 2018
- 1.6 CAT 2018 Application Process
- 1.7 Registration Fee
- 1.8 CAT Admit Card 2018
- 1.9 CAT 2018 Exam Centers
- 1.10 CAT Cutoff 2018
- 1.11 CAT 2017 Cutoff
- 1.12 IIM Calcutta 2017 Cutoff
- 2 Important Dates
Common Admission Test (CAT 2018)
In this article, we are going to share all the essential details of CAT 2018 like Entrance Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Result Counselling Details, Last Year/Old Papers etc.
Why choose CAT Exam?
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of CAT Entrance Exam 2018, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- Common Admission Test (CAT) is the biggest national level MBA/PGDM Entrance Test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year. Getting top rank in the CAT is first and foremost priority for MBA aspirants.
- CAT is conducted by IIM and this year CAT will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
- CAT 2019 scores will not only be accepted by the 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in India but over 100 B-schools across the country like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, NITIE, TAMPI, etc. Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs.
- After the disconnection of JMET in 2011, it was announced that Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) would also use the CAT scores.
So, if you have already made up your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about CAT admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on CAT 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, the student can apply for this MBA Entrance Test. The eligibility conditions of the exam are given below:
Here are the eligibility criteria for CAT 2018:
- Students should have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST, and PWD/DA category).
- Percentage obtained in bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university/ institution.
- Candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and by multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2018 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:• Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*• Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.• Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
* SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
Category wise seat reservation:
CAT Exam Pattern
The CAT 2018 Entrance Examination will consist of 3 sections. the total no. of questions will be 100 questions. Each section is timed with the individual time limit of 1 hour. You need to get a high score in each of the 3 sections as there is also a sectional score cut off in IIMs for shortlisting.
- Total No. of Questions: 100
- Number of sections: 3
- Questions with negative marking (MCQs): 75
- Questions without negative marking (Non-MCQs): 25
- Score awarded for each correct answer: 3 marks
- Negative marking Applicable for wrong answers in MCQs: -1 mark
Exam Pattern of Each Section
|Section name||Total questions||Total MCQs (With negative marking)||Total Non-MCQs (Without negative marking)||Total maximum marks|
|VARC*||34||24 to 27||7 to 10||102|
|Quant*||34||23 to 27||7 to 11||102|
*VARC: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
*DILR: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
*Quant: Quantitative Ability
CAT Syllabus 2018
The CAT syllabus is not predefined by the authority and nor the CAT 2018 syllabus was outlined. Every year, after the each CAT Examination the syllabus is changed by the Examination Authority. The syllabus for CAT question paper 2017 may be changed for CAT exam syllabus in 2018. The CAT 2018 Entrance Examination is Consist of three sections:
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Part 1: Reading Comprehension- |
Part 2: English Language-
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||Part 1: Data Interpretation- |
Part 2: Logical Reasoning–
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||Major Topics- |
CAT 2018 Application Process
How to apply?
- Aspirants have to visit the official website which is given below to register by filling up personal information like name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number.
- After pressing the agree on the button, You will receive the login credentials – Login ID and Password through SMS and Email.
- Login to the website by clicking on ‘Existing User’ tab.
- Fill up the form with essential details like Personal Details, Academics, Work Experience, Programmes.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature in .jpg or .jpeg format, not exceeding 80 KB in the given dimensions, 35mm x 45mm for photograph and 80mm x 35mm for the signature.
(Customize your photo in the above-given form with a various photo editing tool like Paint, Photo manager etc.)
- NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD-DA category candidates have to upload requisite attested certificates.
- Select the IIM and programmes for admission.
- Select any four test cities in terms of preference.
|SC, ST and PwD category candidates||950/-|
|all other categories of candidates||1900/-|
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fees only once, irrespective
of the number of institutes, he/she is applying for. Fees once paid cannot be
refunded under any circumstances.
Modes of Payment
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft
CAT Admit Card 2018
The admit card of CAT 2018 has been released from October 24, 2018. CAT 2018 admit card is available only in online mode which the candidates have to download by visiting the CAT 2018 official website https://iimcat.ac.in/ and go to the right side of quick tour option. The candidate has to enter User ID and Password.
CAT 2018 Exam Centers
This year, CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 147 test cities. Aspirants will be given the option to select any four test cities in order of their
preference. Below we have mentioned all the examination centres where the CAT Exam will be conducted.
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur; Kakinada; Kurnool; Nellore; Rajahmundry; Tirupathi; Vijayawada; Visakhapatnam|
|Assam||Dibrugarh; Guwahati; Silchar|
|Bihar||Aurangabad; Muzaffarpur; Patna; Purnea|
|Delhi||Delhi; New Delhi|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad; Anand; Gandhinagar; Rajkot; Surat; Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala; Bahadurgarh; Faridabad; Gurgaon; Hisar; Palwal; Panipath; Rohtak; Sonipat|
|Himachal Pradesh||Simla; Waknaghat|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu; Samba|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro; Dhanbad; Jamshedpur; Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Banglore; Belagavi (Belgaum); Dharwad; Gulbarga; Hubli; Mangalore; Mysore; Udupi|
|Kerala||Ernakulam; Kasaragod; Kollam; Kozhikode; Malappuram; Thrissur; Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal; Gwalior; Indore; Jabalpur; Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar; Amravati; Aurangabad; Jalgaon; Kolhapur; Mumbai, Navi Mumbai; Nagpur; Nanded; Nashik; Pune; Raigad; Satara; Solapur; Thane; Ulhasnagar|
|Odisha||Balasore; Berhampur; Bhubaneswar; Cuttack; Dhenkanal; Sambalpur; Rourkela|
|Punjab||Bhatinda; Chandigarh; Fatehgarh Sahib; Jalandhar; Ludhiana; Mohali; Pathankot; Patiala; Ropar; Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer; Alwar; Jaipur; Jodhpur; Kota; Sikar; Udaipur|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai; Coimbatore; Madurai; Namakkal; Thanjavur; Tiruchirappalli; Tirunelvelli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad; Karim Nagar; Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra; Allahabad; Barabanki; Bareilly; Ghaziabad; Gorakhpur; Greater Noida; Kanpur; Lucknow; Mathura; Meerut; Muzaffarnagar; Noida; Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol; Bankura; Burdwan; Durgapur; Hooghly; Howrah; Kalyani; Kolkata; Siliguri|
CAT Cutoff 2018
Below we have mentioned the expected cutoff of CAT 2018, however, the CAT cutoff 2018 will be Declared on 2nd week of January 2019 just after as the result will declare. The CAT cutoff 2018 will be released by IIM Calcutta.
|Category||QA||DI & LR||VARC||Overall Percentile|
CAT 2017 Cutoff
IIM Calcutta 2017 Cutoff
|Category||QA||DI & LR||VARC||Overall Percentile|
|Online registration will start from||8th August 2018|
|Registration will be closed on||19 September 2018|
|Admit card Download||October 24, 2018 – November 25, 2018|
|The result will be declared on||the Second week of January 2019(Tentative)|
For queries regarding application form, payment, document uploading please contact us given contact details:
CAT Centre 2018
C/o. Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Prabandh Nagar, IIM Road
Lucknow – 226013