Common Admission Test 2019 is a national-level MBA/PGDM entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) every year. Common Admission Test (CAT 2019) considered India’s largest window for admission in management programme. Through this exam, candidates can get admission to PG management courses offered by the IIMs or top B-schools of India. Almost all the reputed management institution accept CAT scorecard.
- 1 Common Admission Test 2019
- 1.1 Why choose CAT Exam?
- 1.2 CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- 1.4 Exam Pattern of Each Section
- 1.5 CAT 2019 Syllabus
- 1.6 CAT 2019 Application Process
- 1.7 Registration Fee
- 1.8 CAT 2019 Admit Card
- 1.9 CAT 2019 Exam Centers
- 1.10 CAT 2019 Cutoff
- 1.11 IIM Calcutta 2018 Cutoff
- 2 CAT 2019 Important Dates
Common Admission Test 2019
In this article, we are going to share all the essential details of CAT 2019 like Entrance Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Result Counselling Details, Last Year/Old Papers etc.
Why choose CAT Exam?
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of CAT Entrance Exam 2019, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- Common Admission Test (CAT) is the biggest national level MBA/PGDM Entrance Test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year. Getting top rank in the CAT is first and foremost priority for MBA aspirants.
- CAT is conducted by IIM and this year CAT will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
- CAT 2019 scores will not only be accepted by the 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in India but over 100 B-schools across the country like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, NITIE, TAMPI, etc. Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs.
- After the disconnection of JMET in 2011, it was announced that Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) would also use the CAT scores.
So, if you have already made up your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about CAT admission Test 2019. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019.
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on CAT 2019 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, the student can apply for this MBA Entrance Test. The eligibility conditions of the exam are given below:
Here are the eligibility criteria for CAT 2019:
- Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST, and PWD/DA category).
- Percentage obtained in bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university/ institution.
- Candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and by multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2019 should fulfil any one of the following conditions:• Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*• Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.• Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.* SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%.
Category wise seat reservation:
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The CAT 2019 Entrance Examination will consist of 3 sections. the total no. of questions will be 100 questions. Each section is timed with the individual time limit of 1 hour. You need to get a high score in each of the 3 sections as there is also a sectional score cut off in IIMs for shortlisting.
- Total No. of Questions: 100
- Number of sections: 3
- Questions with negative marking (MCQs): 75
- Questions without negative marking (Non-MCQs): 25
- Score awarded for each correct answer: 3 marks
- Negative marking Applicable for wrong answers in MCQs: -1 mark
Exam Pattern of Each Section
|Section name||Total questions||Total MCQs (With negative marking)||Total Non-MCQs (Without negative marking)||Total maximum marks|
|VARC*||34||24 to 27||7 to 10||102|
|Quant*||34||23 to 27||7 to 11||102|
*VARC: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
*DILR: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
*Quant: Quantitative Ability
CAT 2019 Syllabus
The CAT syllabus is not predefined by the CAT Examination authority and nor the CAT 2019 syllabus was outlined. Every year, after the each CAT Examination the syllabus is changed by the Examination Authority. The syllabus for CAT question paper 2018 may be changed for CAT exam syllabus in 2019. The Commonn Admission Test 2019 Entrance Examination is Consist of three sections:
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Part 1: Reading Comprehension-
Part 2: English Language-
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||Part 1: Data Interpretation-
Part 2: Logical Reasoning–
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||Major Topics-
CAT 2019 Application Process
How to apply?
Step-1: First you have to visit the official website of CAT i.e; iimcat.ac.in
Step-2: then you have to register yourself by filling up personal information like name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number.
Step-3: After pressing the Submit button, You will receive a Login ID and Password through SMS and Email.
Step-4: Fill up the form with required details like Personal Details, Academics, Work Experience, Programmes.
Step-5: after that Upload recent passport size photograph and signature in .jpg or .jpeg format, not exceeding 80 KB in the given dimensions, 35mm x 45mm for photograph and 80mm x 35mm for the signature.
Step-6: Candidates who belong to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD-DA category they have to upload requisite attested certificates.
Step-7: Then Select the IIM and programmes for admission.
Step-8: Select any four test cities in terms of preference.
|SC, ST and PwD category candidates||950/-|
|all other categories of candidates||1900/-|
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fees only once, irrespective
of the number of institutes, he/she is applying for. Fees once paid cannot be
refunded under any circumstances.
Modes of Payment
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft
CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card of CAT 2019 will be released on the Third week of October 2019. CAT 2019 admit card is available only in online mode which the candidates have to download by visiting the CAT 2019 official website https://iimcat.ac.in/ and go to the right side of quick tour option. The candidate has to enter User ID and Password.
CAT 2019 Exam Centers
This year, Common Admission Test 2019 will be conducted in test centres spread across around 147 test cities. Aspirants will be given the option to select any four test cities in order of their
preference. Below we have mentioned all the examination centres where the CAT Exam will be conducted.
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur; Kakinada; Kurnool; Nellore; Rajahmundry; Tirupathi; Vijayawada; Visakhapatnam|
|Assam||Dibrugarh; Guwahati; Silchar|
|Bihar||Aurangabad; Muzaffarpur; Patna; Purnea|
|Delhi||Delhi; New Delhi|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad; Anand; Gandhinagar; Rajkot; Surat; Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala; Bahadurgarh; Faridabad; Gurgaon; Hisar; Palwal; Panipath; Rohtak; Sonipat|
|Himachal Pradesh||Simla; Waknaghat|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu; Samba|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro; Dhanbad; Jamshedpur; Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Banglore; Belagavi (Belgaum); Dharwad; Gulbarga; Hubli; Mangalore; Mysore; Udupi|
|Kerala||Ernakulam; Kasaragod; Kollam; Kozhikode; Malappuram; Thrissur; Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal; Gwalior; Indore; Jabalpur; Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar; Amravati; Aurangabad; Jalgaon; Kolhapur; Mumbai, Navi Mumbai; Nagpur; Nanded; Nashik; Pune; Raigad; Satara; Solapur; Thane; Ulhasnagar|
|Odisha||Balasore; Berhampur; Bhubaneswar; Cuttack; Dhenkanal; Sambalpur; Rourkela|
|Punjab||Bhatinda; Chandigarh; Fatehgarh Sahib; Jalandhar; Ludhiana; Mohali; Pathankot; Patiala; Ropar; Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer; Alwar; Jaipur; Jodhpur; Kota; Sikar; Udaipur|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai; Coimbatore; Madurai; Namakkal; Thanjavur; Tiruchirappalli; Tirunelvelli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad; Karim Nagar; Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra; Allahabad; Barabanki; Bareilly; Ghaziabad; Gorakhpur; Greater Noida; Kanpur; Lucknow; Mathura; Meerut; Muzaffarnagar; Noida; Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol; Bankura; Burdwan; Durgapur; Hooghly; Howrah; Kalyani; Kolkata; Siliguri|
CAT 2019 Cutoff
Below we have mentioned the expected cutoff of CAT 2019, however, the CAT cutoff 2019 will be Declared on 2nd week of January 2020 just after as the result will declare. The CAT cutoff 2019 will be released by IIM. The cut off depend upon some important factors such as availability of seats, number of candidates, common marks secured by the candidates & difficulty level of exam.
|Category||QA||DI & LR||VARC||Overall Percentile|
IIM Calcutta 2018 Cutoff
|Category||QA||DI & LR||VARC||Overall Percentile|
CAT 2019 Important Dates
|CAT 2019 Official Notification||29 July 2019|
|Application Form Released||8 August 2019|
|CAT Form Correction Window||27 September 2019 to 30 September 2019|
|Release of CAT Admit Card 2019||24 October 2019|
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||25 November 2019|
|CAT 2019 Result declared||Second Week of January 2020|
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CAT 2019 Examination.
|Download CAT 2019 Official Bulletin (PDF)||Click Here|
|Get detailed info on Common Admission Test 2019 Notification||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Sample Question Papers | Model Question Papers for CAT||Click Here|
|CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 | Age | Nationality | Qualification||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Syllabus, Study Materials||Click Here|
|Best Recommended Books for CAT 2019 Exam||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Admit Card | Hall Ticket for CAT 2019 Exam.||Click Here|
|Expected (CAT 2019) & Previous Year CAT Cut-off Score.||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Exam Pattern & IIM Selection Procedure||Click Here|
For any Query related to CAT 2019, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for different Management Entrance Examination in India.
Best of Luck Aspirants!