CAT(Common Admission Test) is one of the topmost MBA entrance exams across India. It is an all- India computer-based selection test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on rotational bases. Through this examination, candidates are admissions in 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools.
Every IIMs will select the candidates for further stages of selection which will be independent of each previous process. The process of admission will include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
CAT 2019 Counselling Procedure
CAT Counselling begins from the third week of January 2019. Given below are the important dates related to CAT Selection Procedure 2019:
Important Dates of CAT 2019
|1||Notification of CAT exam 2019||July 26, 2019|
|2||Start date for the availability of CAT Application form 2019||August 7, 2019|
|3||End date for filling CAT 2019 application form||September 18, 2019|
|4||Start and end date when candidates can upload the correct scanned images||Last week of September 2019|
|5||CAT Mock Test 2019||October 16, 2019 onwards|
|6||Start date for downloading of CAT admit card 2019||October 23, 2019 onwards|
|7||CAT 2019 Exam||November 24, 2019|
|8||Availability of CAT response sheet 2019||Last week of November 2019|
|9||Availability of CAT Answer Key 2019||First week of December 2019|
|10||End date to raise objections against CAT Answer Key 2019||Second week of December 2019|
|11||CAT Result 2019||Second week of January 2019|
|12||CAT 2019 Selection Process||April- June 2019|
Note: This is the tentative schedule, any of the dates and other details as mentioned above is subject to change at the discretion of the University.
CAT 2019 Counselling Procedure
Candidates are assigned a venue where the counselling sessions will be held. The venue will be allotted on the call letter sent on mail. Candidates have to report to the allotted centre in person, with all the required documents. Given below are the steps for CAT Counselling:
Step 1: Receival of Call Letter
- Selected candidates will receive call letters on their registered CAT email ID.
- The call letter contains the following information-
- Registration link
- Last date to complete the registration
- Date of WAT/GD and PI
- Venue of WAT/GD and PI
- Slot of WAT/GD and PI
Step 2: Report to Venue and Verify Documents
- Report at the allocated venue on the date mentioned in the call letter.
- Reach the helpline centre with the original and photocopies of the required documents.
Step 3: Lock Choice
- After the verification process, visit the official website of the college.
- Fill the form to register.
- Select and lock your choice before submission.
- You receive an intimation via SMS or email.
- After confirmation of the seat, visit the allocated institution and submit the seat allotment order.
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of following documents during counselling.
- Scorecards: Your CAT 2019 Score Card should be taken along with other original documents for document verification session.
- Marksheet: Candidates are required to produce Original and self-attested Photocopy of 10th, 12th and graduation Marksheets in CAT 2019 Counselling.
- Photographs: 4 passport size photographs are required at the time of CAT 2019 Counselling.
- Admit card: Original and Photocopy of CAT 2019 Admit Card will be required for the admission process.
- Caste certificate: Original and Photocopy of Caste certificate signed by authorized authority is required for those candidates who come under the reserved category.
- Final Year Candidates: In case you are in the final year of the bachelor’s degree or equivalent, then it is mandatory for you to submit an original certificate from the Principal/Registrar/Director of the university/Institution.
Some Highlight Points of CAT 2019
- IIMs send personalized call letters to the qualifying candidates. 10 out of 19 IIMs have their selection procedure.
- It includes Written Ability Test (WAT) and /or Group Discussions, and Personal Interview. IIM Rohtak conducts the selection process of 9 newest IIMs.
- This year, nearly 4000 seats in IIMs will be filled through CAT 2019.
- The exam will be conducted in two sessions– forenoon and afternoon.
CAT Seats Reservation 2019
Candidates belonging to reserved categories and planning to appear in CAT this year should know the reservation policies of IIMs for a clear understanding. The different number of seats are reserved for each category as per the rules of Government of India.
|Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Person with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||Up to 10%|
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CAT 2019 Examination.
|CAT Official Notification||Click Here|
|Common Admission Test (CAT)||Click Here|
|Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Exam Centre||Click Here|
|Test Series||Click Here|
|Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Previous Years Paper||Click Here|
For any Query related to CAT 2019, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for different Management Entrance Examination in India.
Best of Luck Aspirants!