IIM Selection Criteria: From the past few days, we have received a number of questions asking for the preparation strategy of Common Admission Test 2019. In our Previous article for CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 | Age | Nationality | Qualification, we have discussed 45 days preparation strategy to score great in CAT 2019 examination. In this article, we will let you know about the CAT 2019 Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Criteria 2019.
Read to know about the detailed Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Criteria in the Common Admission Test 2019 examination. Aspirants are advised to have a look at the article before making any preparation strategy for the very prestigious examination.
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Procedure
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of CAT Entrance Exam 2019, which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
Why choose CAT Exam?
- Common Admission Test (CAT) is the biggest national level MBA/PGDM Entrance Test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year. Getting top rank in the CAT is the first and foremost priority for MBA aspirants.
- CAT is conducted by IIM and this year CAT will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- CAT scores will not only be accepted by the 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in India but over 100 B-schools across the country like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, NITIE, TAMPI, etc.
- Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs.
- After the disconnection of JMET in 2011, it was announced that Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) would also use the CAT scores.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about CAT Admission Test 2019. Let us first have a brief look at the Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Criteria of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019.
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 will be a computer-based test held in India. The questions will be in mix set multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and non- MCQ’s format.
Some Key Highlights of CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- CAT 2019 Exam duration remains of 3 hours
- CAT exam 2019 will be conducted in two separate sessions-Morning and Afternoon
- CAT 2019 Exam will be divided into MCQs and Non-MCQ type questions
- IIM Kozhikode will release tutorial to understand the format of CAT 2019 Test and question pattern on the CAT 2019 website on October 16, 2019
- CAT 2019 exam will be held in 156 test cities across the country
CAT 2019 Basic Guidelines
- Total No. of Questions: 100
- Number of sections: 3
- Questions with negative marking (MCQs): 75
- Questions without negative marking (Non-MCQs): 25
- Score awarded for each correct answer: 3 marks
- Negative marking Applicable for wrong answers in MCQs: -1 mark
Subject Wise Questions Distribution:
|Section name||Total questions||Total MCQs (With negative marking)||Total Non-MCQs (Without negative marking)||Total maximum marks|
|VARC*||34||24 to 27||7 to 10||102|
|Quant*||34||23 to 27||7 to 11||102|
- VARC: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- DILR: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Quant: Quantitative Ability
IIMs Selection Process
Common Admission Test (CAT) is considered as India’s largest window for admission in management programme. Almost all the reputed management institution accept CAT scorecard. Now let us talk about bout the Selection Procedure of Indian Institute of Management.
Some Important Fact for Selection:
- Graduation marks have been removed as a parameter of shortlisting for PI round.
- Weightage for 12th marks increased from 7.5% to 20% during the WAT/PI shortlisting stage.
- Work Experience has been removed as a parameter of shortlisting for PI round.
- Gender Diversity has been removed as a parameter of shortlisting for PI round.
- The weightage for CAT during the final selection stage has been increased from 35% to 40%.
- The weightage for PI during the final selection stage has been reduced from 45% to 30%
- During the final selection stage instead of work experience, this time a parameter called resume has been introduced which will have 10% weightage.
- The weightage for WAT during the final selection stage has been increased from 15% to 20%.
The admission process for the PGP program comprises of following stages.
- Shortlisting candidates for WAT/GD/PI round.
- Final Selection of candidates post WAT/GD/PI round.
During the first stage, initially, a pool of candidates who satisfy the following minimum CAT 2018 percentiles and SSC/HSC percentages are considered.
|Category||Overall CAT 2018 score percentile||Sectional CAT 2018 score percentile||SSC/X Percentage||HSC/XII Percentage|
Among the pool of candidates who meet the above-mentioned percentiles, a list of candidates who would be called for attending Written ability test (WAT) and Personal Interview rounds is generated using the following parameters.
|CAT 2018 Score||75.00%|
|Class 12 Marks||20%|
One point to be noted here is that IIM Kozhikode has given 75 marks out of 100 marks to CAT performance of a candidate, while only 25 marks are assigned to the other parameters. This goes on to show that performing well in CAT 2018 would go a long way in securing a WATGD/PI call from this premier B-school.
The following are the weightages that would be considered during the final selection of candidates:
Note – The professional resume will be evaluated on the length and depth of work experience, quality of academic and professional qualifications, managerial and leadership attributes and exceptional academic, co-curricular and extracurricular achievements of the candidates.
To conclude, one important observation about this year’s selection process is that the total weightage for parameters which are controllable (CAT, WAT and PI) in the final selection stage has been kept at a whopping 90%. This ensures that the applicants, who do not have a good academic profile or work experience can still aspire to join IIM Kozhikode by preparing well for CAT 2018, WAT and PI rounds.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CAT 2019 Examination.
|CAT Official Notification||Click Here|
|Common Admission Test (CAT)||Click Here|
|Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Exam Centre||Click Here|
|Test Series||Click Here|
|Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Previous Years Paper||Click Here|
For any Query related to CAT 2019, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for different Management Entrance Examination in India.
Best of Luck Aspirants.