IIM Selection Criteria: From past few days, we have received a number of questions asking for the preparation strategy of Common Admission Test 2019. In our Previous article for CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 | Age | Nationality | Qualification, we have discussed 45 days preparation strategy to score great in CAT 2019 examination. In this article, we will let you know about CAT 2019 Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Criteria 2019.
Read to know about the detailed Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Criteria in the Common Admission Test 2019 examination. Aspirants are advised to have a look at the article before making any preparation strategy for the very prestigious examination.
- 1 CAT 2019 Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Procedure
- 2 CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- 3 IIM Selection Criteria
- 4 CAT 2019 Eligibility Verification
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Procedure
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of CAT Entrance Exam 2019, Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
Why choose CAT Exam?
- Common Admission Test (CAT) is the biggest national level MBA/PGDM Entrance Test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year. Getting top rank in the CAT is first and foremost priority for MBA aspirants.
- CAT is conducted by IIM and this year CAT will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management Lucknow.
- CAT scores will not only be accepted by the 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in India but over 100 B-schools across the country like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, NITIE, TAMPI, etc.
- Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs.
- After the disconnection of JMET in 2011, it was announced that Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) would also use the CAT scores.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about CAT admission Test 2019. Let us first have a brief look at the Exam Pattern and IIM Selection Criteria of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019.
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 will be a computer-based test held in India. The questions will be in mix set multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and non- MCQ’s format.
Subject wise questions distribution:
|Section name||Total questions||Total MCQs (With negative marking)||Total Non-MCQs (Without negative marking)||Total maximum marks|
|VARC*||34||24 to 27||7 to 10||102|
|Quant*||34||23 to 27||7 to 11||102|
*VARC: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
*DILR: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
*Quant: Quantitative Ability
CAT 2019 Basic Guidelines
- Total No. of Questions: 100
- Number of sections: 3
- Questions with negative marking (MCQs): 75
- Questions without negative marking (Non-MCQs): 25
- Score awarded for each correct answer: 3 marks
- Negative marking Applicable for wrong answers in MCQs: -1 mark
IIM Selection Criteria
Common Admission Test (CAT) is considered as India’s largest window for admission in management programme. Almost all the reputed management institution accept CAT scorecard. Now let us talk about bout the Selection Procedure of Indian Institute of Management.
CAT 2019 Results and Shortlisting
Information related to CAT 2019 examination results will be published by the conducting authority somewhere around the second week of January 2020 on their official website. The list of candidates shortlisted for the next level of selection will be made available on the website of the respective IIMs. Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The criteria for shortlisting vary from IIM to IIM. Please visit the admission hotlinks of the respective websites of IIMs for further information.
Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for the second stage of selection which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT 2019 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may additionally use other factors like the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process. The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information, refer to the admissions policies of IIMs from their respective websites.
CAT 2019 Eligibility Verification
If a candidate is shortlisted for interviews by any IIM, he/she must comply with the following eligibility verification:
- Mark sheets and Degree Certificate: A candidate must show all the mark sheets and submit attested copies to prove his/her eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if a candidate is selected for a programme, original degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters/years along with their attested copies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.
- Reservation Category Requirements: If shortlisted for interview, SC, ST, NC-OBC and PWD candidates must show the original caste/class and/or disability certificate and submit a photocopy at the time of interview. Further, if a candidate is selected for a programme, the original certificate of qualifying degree and attested copy of the same must be submitted for verification at the time of joining a programme.
- Candidates in the Final Year of Graduation: If shortlisted for interview, candidates appearing for the final bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination must show an original certificate from the Principal / Registrar / Director of the university/ institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PWD category) based on latest available grades/marks. He/she must submit an attested copy of the original certificate at the time of interview.
For the Post Graduate Programmes of IIMs, such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme PROVISIONALLY, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements (the results may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit original mark sheet and qualifying degree certificate of having passed the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal /Registrar of their college/institute. They must obtain at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PWD category). They also must submit an attested copy of the mark sheets and qualifying degree certificate.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CAT 2019 Examination.
|Download CAT 2019 Official Bulletin (PDF)||Click Here|
|Get detailed info on Common Admission Test 2019 Notification||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Sample Question Papers | Model Question Papers for CAT||Click Here|
|CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 | Age | Nationality | Qualification||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Syllabus, Study Materials||Click Here|
|Best Recommended Books for CAT 2019 Exam||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Admit Card | Hall Ticket for CAT 2019 Exam.||Click Here|
|Expected (CAT 2019) & Previous Year CAT Cut-off Score.||Click Here|
|CAT 2019 Exam Pattern & IIM Selection Procedure||Click Here|
For any Query related to CAT 2019 examination, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for different Management Entrance Examination in India.
Best of Luck Aspirants!
Read Also: Top 50 Management Entrance Exams in India