Hi Students, today we are going to discuss the latest Syllabus of Class XI English Core NCERT Syllabus. As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, we have discussed the complete English Core Syllabus For 11 Class Students. In this article, you can get complete information related CBSE Class 11 English Core Syllabus and Class 11 English Core Exam Pattern for the academic year 2019-20. Students can also download the Class 11 English Core Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2019-20.
So it’s always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in CBSE NCERT Class 11 English Core syllabus. Let us have a look at the updated CBSE Class 11 English Core Syllabus for the academic year 2019-20.
CBSE NCERT Class 11 English Core Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE Class 11 English Core Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2019-20 session and will remain the same until the next notification. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
Section – A
- There shall be two unseen passages (including poems) with a variety of questions like Objective Type Questions, Short Answer Questions and Multiple Choice Questions, including 04 marks for vocabulary such as word formation and inferring meaning.
- Multiple Choice Questions (1×6=6marks), Objective Type Questions ( 1×6= 6marks), 01 Short Answer Question (3×1=3marks), 01 Long Answer Question (5×1=5marks) The range of the two passages including a poem or a stanza, should be 900-1000 words as per the following details:
- The passage of 550-600 words in length will be used for note-making and summarizing.
- The passage of 350-400 words in length will be used to test comprehension, interpretation and inference.
- An unseen poem of 28-35 lines to test comprehension, interpretation and inference.
- The passages as given above could be of any one of the following types:
- Factual passages, e.g., illustrations, description, reports / Discursive passages involving opinion, e.g., argumentative, persuasive/Literary passages e.g. extracts from fiction, biography, autobiography, travelogue, etc. In the case of a poem, the text may be shorter than the prescribed word limit.
Writing Skills and Grammar
- One Short Answer Question: Based on notice/ poster/ advertisement- 4 Marks
- Two Long Answer Questions: Letters based on verbal/visual input. – (6×2=12 Marks) It would cover all types of letters. Letter types may include:
- business or official letters (for making enquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies)
- letters to the editor (giving suggestions/opinions on an issue)
- application for a job with a bio-data or résumé
- letter to the school or college authorities, regarding admissions, school issues, requirements/suitability of courses, etc.
- Very Long Answer Question: Composition in the form of article/speech/report writing or a narrative- 8 Marks
Grammar ( 6 Objective Type Questions)
- Different grammatical structures in meaningful contexts will be tested. Item types will include gap-filling, sentence reordering, dialogue completion and sentence transformation. The grammar syllabus will include determiners, tenses, clauses, modals and Change of Voice. These grammar areas will be tested through 6 objective type questions on the following:
- Error Correction, editing tasks
- Reordering of sentences,
- Transformation of sentences
Questions from the prescribed texts to test comprehension at different levels, like literal, inferential and evaluative will be asked.
- Two Objective Type Questions out of three – Based on an extract from poetry to test reference to context comprehension and appreciation. – (1×2=2 Marks)
- Five Short Answer Questions out of six (3 questions should be from Hornbill) – Based on prose, poetry and plays from both the texts. (2×5=10 marks)
- One Long Answer Question out of two from Hornbill (to be answered in120-150 words) Based on prescribed texts to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the texts. 6 Marks
- One Long Answer Questions out of two from Snapshots (to be answered in120-150 words) -Based on theme, plot, incidents or events to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the texts. 6 Marks
- One Long Answer Question out of two from Hornbill (to be answered in120-150 words)-Based on understanding appreciation, analysis and interpretation of the characters/events/episodes/incidents. 6 Marks
Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills
Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills will be for 20 marks. It is recommended that listening and speaking skills should be regularly practised in class.
|Section A (Reading Compression)||20|
|Section B (Writing Skills and Grammer)||30|
|Section C (Literature)||30|
Class 11 English Core Syllabus in Pdf
Here in this Section we have mentioned the CBSE Class 11 English Core Exam Pattern. Students Can Check the Class 11 English Core Exam Pattern and Class 11 English Core Syllabus For the academic year 2019-20.
|1||CBSE Class 11 Study Materials||Click Here|
|2||CBSE Class 11 Important Books||Click Here|
|3||CBSE Class 11 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|4||CBSE Class 11 Syllabus||Click Here|
|5||CBSE Class 11 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|6||CBSE Class 11 Work Sheet||Click Here|
|7||CBSE Class 11 Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|8||CBSE Class 11 NCERT Solution||Click Here|
For any query related CBSE class 11 Syllabus, you can comment on the box mentioned below. our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck Student…!!!