Hi friends, today we are going to discuss with you the latest CBSE Class 11 Information Practics Syllabus As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students.
So it’s always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in CBSE Class 11 Informatics Practices Syllabus. Let us have a look at the updated 11 Class Informatics Practices Syllabus for the academic year 2019-20.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
CBSE Class 11 Informatics Practices Syllabus (2019-20)
Check out the latest CBSE Class 11 Information Practices Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2019-20 session and will remain the same until the next notification. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks||Periods|
|1||Introduction to Computer System||5||3||2|
|2||Introductory Python Programming||30||45||35|
|5||Society, Law, and Ethics||10||10||0|
Class 11 Information Practices (Detailed)
Unit 1: Introduction To Computer Systems
- Basic computer organization: Computer system – I/O Devices, CPU, memory, hard
disk, battery, power, transition from a calculator to a computer and further to smart
- Troubleshooting with parts of computer and basic operations of operating system
Basic concept of Data representation: Binary, ASCII, Unicode
Unit 2: Introduction Python Programming
- Familiarization with the basic of Python programming: a simple “hello world” program,
process of writing a program, running it, and print statements; simple data-types:
integer, float, string. Introduce the notion of variable, and methods to manipulate it
(concept of L-value and R-value even if not taught explicitly). Tokens – keywords, identifiers, Literals, Delimiters. Knowledge of data type and operators: accepting input
from the console, assignment statement, expressions, operators (assignment,
arithmetic, relational and logical) and their precedence.
- Conditional statements: if, if-else, if-elif-else; simple programs: e.g.: absolute value,
sort 3 numbers, divisibility.
- Notion of iterative computation and control flow: for ( range() , len()), while, flowcharts.
Suggested programs: finding average and grade for given marks, amount calculation
forgiven cost-qty-discount, perimeter-wise/ area-wise cost calculation, interest
calculation, profit-loss, EMI, tax calculation (example from GST/Income Tax).
- List and dictionary: finding the maximum, minimum, mean; linear search on a list of
numbers, and counting the frequency of elements in a list using a dictionary.
- Text handling: compare, concat, and substring operations (without using string
- Introduction to Python modules: importing math (sqrt, ceil, floor, pow, fabs), random
(random, randint, randrange), statistics (mean, median) modules.
Unit 3: Data Handling
- Numpy 1D array, 2D array Arrays: slices, joins, and subsets. Arithmetic operations on
Unit 4: Data Management
- Relational databases: Concept of a database, relations, attributes and tuples, keys –
candidate key, primary key, alternate key, foreign key; Degree and Cardinality of a
- Use SQL – DDL/DML commands to CREATE TABLE, INSERT INTO, UPDATE
TABLE, DELETE FROM, ALTER TABLE, MODIFY TABLE, DROP TABLE, keys, and
foreign keys; to view content of a table: SELECT-FROM-WHERE-ORDER BY
alongwith BETWEEN, IN, LIKE. (Queries only on single table)
Aggregate Functions : MIN , MAX, AVG, COUNT, SUM
Unit 5: Society, Law and Ethics
- Cyber safety: safely browsing the web, identity protection, confidentiality, social
networks, netiquettes, digital footprint, cyber trolls and bullying. Appropriate usage of
social networks: spread of rumours, and common social networking sites (Twitter,
LinkedIn, and Facebook) and specific usage rules.
- Safely accessing web sites: adware, malware, viruses, Trojans.Safely communicating
data: secure connections, eavesdropping, and phishing and identity verification.
Class 11 Information Practices Syllabus in Pdf
Here in this Section we have mentioned the CBSE Class 11 Information Practices Syllabus in PDf format. Students Can Check the Class 11 Psychology Syllabus for the academic year 2019-20.
|1||CBSE Class 11 Study Materials||Click Here|
|2||CBSE Class 11 Important Books||Click Here|
|3||CBSE Class 11 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|4||CBSE Class 11 Syllabus||Click Here|
|5||CBSE Class 11 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|6||CBSE Class 11 Work Sheet||Click Here|
|7||CBSE Class 11 Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|8||CBSE Class 11 NCERT Solution||Click Here|
For any query related CBSE class 11 Syllabus, you can comment on the box mentioned below. our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck Student…!!!