Hi friends, today we are going to discuss the latest CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus. As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students.
So it’s always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus. Let us have a look at the updated NCERT CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus for the academic year 2019-20.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus (2019-20)
Check out the latest CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2019-20 session and will remain the same until the next notification. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
- Marks= 70+30 practical = 100
- Periods:180+60 for practical
- Code: 053
|Chapter-I Overview of Fashion||30||10|
|Chapter-II Introduction to Fabrics||50||20|
|Chapter–III Design Fundamentals||80||20|
|Chapter–IV Elements of Garment Making||80||20|
|Total||180+60 for practical||70+30 practical = 100|
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus (Detailed)
Chapter 1: Overview of Fashion
Objectives of the Course
- To introduce students to fashion studies & provide an overview of fashion.
- Know about consumer segmentation.
- To familiarize students with essential Fashion terminology and fashion theories.
- To clarify the roles and responsibilities of the fashion professionals.
After completion of course, students are suggested to know the following
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the fundamental aspects of fashion.
- Describe the process of fashion diffusion across consumer segments.
- Describe appropriate terminology & theories related to fashion.
- Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge related to the fashion industry.
- Overview of fashion- Introduction, and definition
- Factors influencing fashion.
- Key Concepts and Terminology – trends, collection, styles, art and craft, Avant garde and mass fashion, knock-offs limited fashion and co-branded labels, classics, fads.
- Movement and Direction of style – Fashion forecasting, Pendulum swing, Fashion cycles.
- Theories of fashion movement – trickle-down, trickle-across.
- Consumer segmentation.
- International trade in Fashion.
- The role of fashion professionals in Design, Technology, Merchandising.
- Regulatory bodies for fashion and textiles in India.
Chapter II: Introduction to Fibres, Dyeing, Printing
Objectives to the course
- To introduce students to the world of fibers.
- To introduce students to yarn formation and weaving
- Introduce the students to the process of the dyeing & printing
- Identify different humanmade and natural fibers.
- Understand the conversion of fiber to fabric.
- Appreciate process of dyeing and printing of textiles.
- Fibre, classification of fibers and properties of fibers.
- Yarn formation.
- Weaving and basic weaves.
- Dyeing of textiles.
- Printing of Textiles.
Chapter–III: Design Fundamentals
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the meaning of design.
- To develop an understanding of Elements of Design and Principles of Design.
- Develop skills of the visualization& communication using design fundamentals.
- To develop and initialize a design vocabulary, an essential tool for practicing designers.
- Understand & apply the Elements of Design.
- Understand and apply the principles of design
- Use basic design language.
- Translate an abstract, the sensorial ideas into visual language.
- A meaning of design.
- Basic Elements of Design – dot, line, shape& texture.
- Colour Theory – Hue, Tint, Shade, Tone, Colour Schemes.
- The language and psychology of color.
- Basic principles of Design– rhythm, balance, Contrast, Emphasis.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the skills of garment making.
- To make them familiar with a sewing machine & its various parts.
- Make them familiar with the use of other sewing aids.
- To teach them basic hand and machine stitches and their applications.
- To teach them various simple sewing machine operations.
- Work with proficiency on the sewing machine.
- Rectify simple problems of the machine faced while stitching.
- Stitch different kinds of seams using the sewing machine.
- Gathers, pleats, and trucks on the fabric.
- Finish garment edges with hand stitches.
- Introduction to the sewing machine, its various parts, and functions along with other sewing aids.
- Common sewing machine problems and their solutions.
- Develop proficiency in straight and curved seams.
- Basic hand stitches – basting, hemming, back stitch, running stitch etc. with their end use.
- Basic machine seams used for stitching or finishing various parts of the garments like the plain seam, french seam, flat fell etc.
- Fabric manipulation like gathers, pleats, and tucks
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Practical Syllabus
Chapter-I: Overview of Fashion
- Relating Fashion Cycle theories to contemporary fashion.
- Explaining the Pendulum swing method for fashion forecasting.
- Referencing the Historical costumes as an inspiration for Indian apparel Design.
- Use of print media as the source of information for fashion trends.
Chapter-II: Introduction to the Fibers, Dyeing, and Printing
- Identification and distinguishing between the different fibers through burning test.
- The Identification of basic weaves in fabrics.
- Identification of different printing techniques on fabric.
- Applications and end use of different textile structures.
Chapter III: Design Fundamentals
- Analysis of the relationship between form/shape and function/use and to develop sensitivity towards color, shape, and texture.
- Analysis of varied Textures in nature and human-made environment.
- Use of Balance / Symmetry, Emphasis, and Contrast in designing products and spaces.
- Conversion of verbal language into design development.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
- Develop familiarity with the machine.
- Prepare samples of seams.
- Prepare samples of seam finishes.
- To prepare samples of gathers, pleats, and tucks.
Questions Paper Design
|S.No||Typology of |
|1||CBSE Class 11 Study Materials||Click Here|
|2||CBSE Class 11 Important Books||Click Here|
|3||CBSE Class 11 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|4||CBSE Class 11 Syllabus||Click Here|
|5||CBSE Class 11 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|6||CBSE Class 11 Work Sheet||Click Here|
|7||CBSE Class 11 Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|8||CBSE Class 11 NCERT Solution||Click Here|
For any query related CBSE class 11 Syllabus, you can comment on the box mentioned below. our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck Student…!!!