CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 is one of the popular Post Metric Scholarship Scheme (for class 11 & class 12) being provided by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The objective of this scholarship scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Single Girl Students who are the only child of their parents to continue their further school education of class 11 and 12.
Read this full post to full information about CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2019 like Application Process, Eligibility, Important Dates, Documents, Benefits etc.
1. Quick Facts
2. Eligibility Criteria
3. Selection Procedure
7. How to Apply
8. Frequently Asked Question
9. List of Top Colleges in India
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2020-21
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme let us first have a look at some of the quick facts related to this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|4.||Application begins||Not Disclosed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||Online application (Fresh and Renewal) – Oct 2020|
Last date for submission of hard copy of the application (Renewal Only) – Nov 2020
|6.||Application form||Click here|
|7.||Official Website||Click here|
- Any single girl child, being the only child of her parents, is eligible to apply for the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme. The scheme applies to such a single girl child who has taken admission to the Class XI and XII in school.
- The age of the girl student should not exceed 15 years at the time of admission.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- All single girl students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE class X examination and studying classes XI and XII in school (Affiliated to CBSE) with tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- pm During the academic year, it will be considered for this purpose. In the next two years, the total increase in tuition fee in such a school will not exceed 10% of the tuition fee.
Note: NRI applicants of the board are also eligible for the award. Tuition fees for an NRI student should be a maximum of Rs 6,000 per month.
- A student should pass Class X examination from CBSE and get 60% marks.
Or more points.
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Student (Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/
Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s
website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be Accepted).
- The undertaking should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is
pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from the Board’s Examination.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10%
enhancement for Class XI & XII.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal.
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- The scheme will be implemented and monitored by the CBSE.
- The scholarship awarded will be renewed for one year i.e successful Completion of class XI. Renewal will also depend on promotion to the next class Provided that the scholar scores 50% or more in aggregate in the examination. Who determines his promotion to the next class.
- The renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board. Good conduct and regularity in
attendance are required for continuance of scholarship. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters. A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances.
- Renewal/continuation of scholarship in cases of scholars who have renounced The chosen course of study before its completion or if it changes the school or course The study will be subject to prior approval of the Board. Good conduct and regularity in attendance are necessary to continue the scholarship. Board decision All such cases shall be final and binding. The scholarship will not be held once cancelled Can be renewed under any circumstances.
- The scholarship is providing for every girl Rs. 6,000/- p.a. for two years only i.e. full duration of Class XI and XII in school. No other additional grant will be payable in place of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Student Must be required Income certificate and Caste certificate.
- Proof of admission required.
- Must be required bank account details of the institution and the student.
- Fee structure of the program required.
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student
- Student Identity card.
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the parents/girl duly attested by the SDM/ First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar) mentioning that she is the only child in the family.
How to Apply?
To apply, follow the steps given below
- Firstly, Applicants must visit the official website. To visit Click Here
- Click on the new user registration button ‘Click here‘ OR Renewal User ‘Click Here‘
- Read all the guideline carefully for Registration on CBSE Website, then click on the Continue option Button.
- Then Fill in all the required information carefully and click on the candidate’s roll number and date of birth (as printed on the class X grade sheet), then click on the Continue Button.
- Print the undertaking given in the ‘Guidelines’ document, fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
- Make an affidavit according to the format given in the ‘Guidelines’ document.
- Scan the above two documents, i.e. Affidavit and Undertaking to create a PDF file of up to 1MB size. The PDF should contain all the pages (in case of multiple pages).
- Go to the ‘Upload Document’ Button and upload both the documents.
- Go to print ‘Confirmation Page’ Button and generate the confirmation page.
Note: Only those applicants who successfully apply and complete the application will be able to generate a confirmation page. Also, students applying for renewal must send a duly filled and signed confirmation page to the following address-
“Scholarship Unit”, CBSE,
2 Community Centre,
Delhi – 110092
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Whether the candidate has to select “scholarship” or “incentive” in the type of scholarship for applying under the scheme?
A. The candidate has to opt for “incentive” to be able to apply under the scheme.
Q. Whether a girl child with a brother in the family is eligible to be considered under the scheme for award of scholarship.
A. No, an only single girl child is eligible to apply under the scheme. However, twin/ fraternal daughters are eligible to apply under this scheme.
Q. Whether a candidate who was within 30 years of age during admission to PG course but has crossed this limit at the time of application be eligible to be considered.
A. The candidate applying under the scheme can apply if she is below 30 years of age as on the last date of the application too.
Q. Can a single girl child pursuing post-graduation through distance mode apply under the scheme?
Q. After selection, is the awardee entitled for hostel fee reimbursement/ HRA or medical expenses?
A. No. The awardee is only entitled to a scholarship amount. No HRA/contingency/hostel fee or medical expenses are admissible.
Q. Are the awardees eligible for a waiver of tuition fee or its reimbursement?
A. No. Tuition fee reimbursement is not permitted. However, it is expected from the institutions where a student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
Q. Can students of second-year post-graduation apply under the scheme?
A. No. The candidates who are pursuing first-year postgraduate courses only can apply under the scheme.
Q. Can the awardee avail of any other scholarship scheme during the tenure of this award?
A. Yes. This scheme can be availed with any other scholarship scheme as this is an incentive.
Q. How does the scholarship provider choose a winner?
A. Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship but also distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities in you.
Q. Does the amount I receive in scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?
A. Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
Q. If the required G.P.A. is different than I have, should I still apply?
A. No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
Q. What is the difference between a lottery scholarship and a merit scholarship?
A. Most scholarships are awarded based on merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. Lottery scholarships, on the other hand, are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
Q. What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
A. This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships that are limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that allow you to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find the money for college, you have to create your success by committing the time and brainpower necessary to achieve your goal.
- Meghalaya Umbrella Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Student
- Tripura OBC Post-Matric Scholarship 2019: Apply Now!
- Uttrakhand Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority
- Bihar Post Matric Scholarship
- UGC Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2020-21
List of Top Colleges in India
|Courses Name||Links Here|
|Engineering Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Medical Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Architecture Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BAMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BHMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BSMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BYNS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BUMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Dental Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Nursing Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Physiotherapy Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Veterinary Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Pharmacy Colleges in India||Click Here|
|LAW Colleges in India||Click Here|
|B.Ed Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Hotel Management Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Fashion Designing Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Polytechnic Colleges in India||Click Here|
Never let yourself down…
Keep working Hard
Best of Luck…!!!
Abroad Admission 2020
- UPES Dehradun Application Form 2020 Closing Soon Apply Now
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
UPES Dehradun 2020 Application Closing Soon Apply Now