The UPSC CDS Recruitment 2019 is a national level entrance examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for the exam to get elected as an Officer in Indian Armed Force and allied services. If you desire to go for the exam then the very first thing you have to do is to check the CDS Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure to plan your preparation.
Following the UPSC Recruitment Rules, the Commission will hold a 3 Tier (written+ Psychological test + medical fitness)) exam for the selection of candidates. On the results of the recruitment test merit list of finally selected candidate will be published on the official website and newspaper. Let us move on to CDS 2019 Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure.
CDS Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The Commission holds the prime responsibility of conducting and shortlisting the appearing candidates based on their marks obtained in Common Written Examination. After qualifying the written, candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board (SSB) for Intelligence and Personality Test. The selection in CDS 2 Exam 2017 can be widely categorized in these two fields.
- Common Written Examination.
- Interview and Psychology Test.
Common written test (Exam Pattern)
The subject of common written exams will be math and General ability. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers of Mathematics and General Ability Test will be of bilingual viz. Hindi and in English.
For Admission to Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA):
|General Knowledge Test||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy (OTA):—
|General Knowledge Test||2 Hours||100|
Interview and Psychology Test
Based on the marks obtained in the common written examination successful candidate will be asked to appear for the two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test at Service selection boards (SSB) introduced at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards. The SSB procedure consists of a two-stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only, those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there will do so at their own risk. They will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- There is no separate weight for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in the entire test. Also, marks for Conference are allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board.
- The various tests of IO, GTO and Psycho are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and the ability in a candidate. Accordingly, candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.
|Combined Defence Services 2019 Notification||Click Here|
|CDS 1 & 2 2019 Exam Admit Card||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Officer Salary and Job Profile (Facilities & Allowances)||Click Here|
|Download CDS Exam Syllabus (Written Test & Interview Procedure)||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers (2014 To 2019)||Click Here|
|Recommended Books for CDS 2019 Exam||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Exam Eligibility (Age, Nationality, Qualification)||Click Here|
|CDS Exam Cut-off Score (Expected & Previous Year Cutoff Score)||Click Here|
For any Query related to CDS Recruitment 2019, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for CDS 2019 Exam
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!