What could be more satisfying than working in Indian Allied force and serving the nation? Those perfectly dressed young lads equipped with modern weapons can smartly differentiate themselves from the common civilians. Yes, only Indian Army and allied forces can give you that status. If you too want to become one of them then keep in mind that the Recruitment notification for CDS 2 Exam 2017 has been released. Throughout the article, we will discuss every aspect related to CDS 2 Exam 2017 notification.
CDS 2 Exam 2017 is a written exam conducted twice every year by UPSC. The Shortlisted candidates from common written exams, therefore, go for the final interview & Psychology test to become one of the Officers in Indian Armed Force. This year CDS 2 Common written test will be held on 19th November 2017 (Sunday), for the selection of the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the CDS. Let us check out the major highlights of the CDS 2 2017 Exam in brief.
- 1 CDS 2 Exam 2017(Second)
- 1.1 Brief Description of the Job
- 1.2 CDS 2 2017 Job Vacancy
- 1.3 Eligibility for CDS Exam 2017 (Second)
- 1.4 Selection Procedure
- 1.5 CDS- II Syllabus 2017
- 1.6 Best Books for CDS 2 2017 Exam.
- 1.7 CDS-II 2017 Application Fee
- 1.8 How to Apply for CDS Exam 2017
- 1.9 CDS-II 2017 Admit Card
- 1.10 CDS-II 2017 Result
- 1.11 CDS 2 2017 Exam Centre
- 1.12 Important dates of CDS-II 2017 Examination:
- 1.13 CDS 2 2017 Helpline Number.
CDS 2 Exam 2017(Second)
Before we go deep with the information let us first have a look at the Major Features of the CDS 2 2017 notification.
Brief Description of the Job
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Defence Services (Second)|
|Online Application Starts From||09 August 2017|
|Last Date to Apply||08 September 2017|
|Written Exam Date||19th November 2017 (Sunday)|
|Application Fee||200 (fees Exemption Policy for reserved Candidates)|
|How to apply||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere in India|
CDS 2 2017 Job Vacancy
Serving your Country as a Field Officer (Army, Navy, Airforce) is one the greatest act of optimism. A CDS Officer is responsible for maintaining the national securities and other work-related to national integrity. Working as an Officer with Army, Navy or Airforce is a job that I dream of. All these features make the job a lifetime opportunity for all the applying candidate. Let us quickly move to the job vacancy for different categories. This year total number of vacancies in CDS 2 is as followed.
|Name of the Course||Approximate No. of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, 144th (DE) Course commencing in July 2018 [Including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, commencing in July 2018 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad, (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in August 2018 i.e. No. 204 F(P) Course||32|
|4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, 108th SSC (Men)(NT) Course commencing in October 2018)||225. (Including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders to NCC Special. Entry)|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai—22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October 2018||12|
- The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity Officers Training Academy (OTA’s).
Now let us quickly move to the exam pattern and Syllabus for the CDS 2 Recruitment 2017.
Eligibility for CDS Exam 2017 (Second)
To appear for the CDS 2 2017 one should have all these important eligibility criteria. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. Keep in mind that the conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
All applying candidates for the Combined Defence Service-II Exam must either be
- A citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan, or a subject of Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st July 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status:
- For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy—20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1998 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 Yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1992 and not later than 01st January 1998 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for Men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
- Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA courses and accordingly, they are not eligible for these courses.
- Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Things to keep in mind
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of SSB.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2017 [CDS2 Exam 2017]
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
The Union Public Service Commission holds the prime responsibility of conducting and shortlisting the appearing candidates on the basis of their marks obtained in Common Written Examination. After qualifying the written, candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board (SSB) for Intelligence and Personality Test. The selection in CDS 2 Exam 2017 can be widely categorized in these two fields.
- Common written Examination.
- Interview and Psychology Test.
Common written test (Exam Pattern).
The subject for common written exams will be math and General ability. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers of Mathematics and General Ability Test will be of bilingual in nature viz. Hindi and in English.
For Admission to Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA):—
|General Knowledge Test||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy (OTA):—
|General Knowledge Test||2 Hours||100|
Interview and Psychology Test.
Based on the marks obtained in the common written examination successful candidate will be asked to appear for the two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test at Service selection boards (SSB) introduced at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards. The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only, those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in. The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there will do so at their own risk. They will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- There is no separate weight for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in the entire test. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board.
- The various tests of IO, GTO and Psycho are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and the ability in a candidate. Accordingly, candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.
CDS- II Syllabus 2017
The Combined Defence Services (II) 2017 exam will consist questions related to the English language, Elementary Mathematics and Current affairs will be asked. The nature of the questions will be objective in nature and will be asked from Intermediate Level. One can read and download the complete CDS 2 Syllabus 2017 by clicking here.
Best Books for CDS 2 2017 Exam.
Candidates preparing for the exam are getting tensed about the Study Materials and Books required to crack the Exam. But if your preparation is effective and you are working with a proper planning then you can easily clear the cut-off. All you need is these Best Books for CDS (II) Exam 2017 (By Expert & Previous Year Toppers).
CDS-II 2017 Application Fee
Application fee for the Combined Defence Sevices Recruitment 2017 is as followed.
- Gen/OBC Category: Rs. 200/- Only
- Female/SC/ ST & Reserved Category: No fees.
Mode of Payment
- Candidate applying for the post can directly pay the application fees online (Using Debit/Credit/Net-Banking) by visiting official Website between 12-08-2017 and 02-09-2017.
- One can pay by using SBI Challan.
Note: Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
How to Apply for CDS Exam 2017
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the Combined Defence Service 2017.
- One has to visit the official website of CDS-II Exam.
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to Select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the Photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
CDS-II 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for the Combined Defence Services Recruitment 2017 will be released 2 weeks before the Expected Exam. It is scheduled to be published in the last week of October 2017 on the Official Website of upsconline.nic.in. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her CDS 2017 Admit Card at the time of written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test.
CDS-II 2017 Result
The result for the CDS 2 Recruitment 2017 is scheduled to publish around the 2nd week of December 2017. A candidate needs to score more than the expected cut off to secure a position for Interview. Final selected candidates will be called for the Personal Interview round.Candidates will be able to check the CDS 2 2017 Result through the link which will be posted here.
CDS 2 2017 Exam Centre
Hope the information we have provided will help you to answer all the queries related to CDS 2 Recruitment 2017. Now let us have a look at the Exam Centres.
Important dates of CDS-II 2017 Examination:
|Date of Notification:||9th August 2017|
|Commencement of submission of online application:||9th August 2017|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications:||8th September 2017 till 6:00 PM|
|Date of CDS Exam 2017 – (II):||19th November 2017 (Sunday|
|Availability of e-Admit Cards:||3 Weeks before the commencement of Exam (tentative)|
CDS 2 2017 Helpline Number.
In the case of any irregularities, while filling up the form, you may contact to these mentioned Helpline number of CDS 2 2017 exam.
- Helpline No: 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543
- Timing: Morning 10:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M
- Date: From 09/08/17 to 8/09/17
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to CDS 2 2017 Recruitment Notification.
|UPSC CDS Officer Salary & Job Profile (Facilities & Allowances)||Click Here|
|CDS 2 2017 Exam (November) Admit Card||Click Here|
|CDS-II 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure||Click Here|
|Download CDS Exam Syllabus (Written Test & Interview Procedure)||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)||Click Here|
|Recommended Books for CDS 2017 Exam||Click Here|
|UPSC CDS Exam Eligibility (Age, Nationality, Qualification)||Click Here|
|CDS Exam Cut-off Score (Expected & previous Year Cutoff Score)||Click Here|
For any Query related to CDS 2 Recruitment 2017, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for CDS 2017 Exam
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!