Hi Students, today we are going to discuss the latest Syllabus of Class XI English Elective NCERT Syllabus. As you know very well that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its own curriculum and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, we have discussed the complete English Elective Syllabus For 11 Class Students. In this article, you can get complete information related CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus and Class 11 English Elective Exam Pattern for the academic year 2019-20. Students can also download the Class 11 English Elective Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2019-20.
So it’s always a wise decision to keep an eye on what happening around with the subject you are going to learn. This year CBSE made little bit changes in class 11 English Elective NCERT syllabus. Let us have a look at the updated CBSE class 11 English Elective NCERT Syllabus for the academic year 2019-20 and students can also download the Class 11 English Elective Syllabus in pdf.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
CBSE NCERT Class 11 English Elective Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE Elective Syllabus for Class 11. The syllabus is for the academic year 2019-20 session and will remain the same until the next notification. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
English Elective NCERT (Code No. 001)
Reading An unseen passage and a poem
- The section will have 12 questions including 6 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), i.e. 6 MCQs from a Literary or Discursive passage of about 900-950 words, and 6 Objective Type questions (1×12=12marks)
- 04 Short Answer Questions to be answered in 50-60 words. It shall be asked from a poem of about 20-24 lines to test interpretation and appreciation. (2×4=8marks)
Creative Writing Skills
- One Very Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 150-200 words. An essay on an argumentative/discursive/reflective/descriptive topic. (10×1=10marks)
- One Very Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 150-200 words. A composition such as an article / a report /a speech. (10×1=10marks)
Section – C
Woven Words: The questions can be asked from both Poetry and Prose.
- Eight Objective type Questions out of 09 to test comprehension, literary appreciation and drawing inferences in poetry and prose. (1×8=8marks)
- Three Short Answer Questions out of 04 to be answered in 50-60words to test understanding, appreciation and analysis. (2×3=6marks)
- One Long Answer Questions out of 02 to be answered in 120-150 words to test literary appreciation and drawing inferences. (1×6=6marks)
B:- Arms and the Man – [Drama]
- Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 80-100 word to test the evaluation of characters, events and episodes. (5×2=10marks)
- Two Short Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 50-60 words to test analysis of characters, events, episodes and interpersonal relationships and understanding of content, events and episodes (2×2=4marks)
- One Long Answer Question out of 02 to be answered in 120-150 words to test literary appreciation and drawing inferences. (6×1=6marks)
- Presentation – book review /a play /a short story/a novel/novella (tale, table, and parable) to be followed by a question-answer session.
- Poetry reading to be followed by interpretative tasks based on close reading and literary analysis of the text. Critical review of a film or a play.
- Conducting a theatre workshop to be followed by a discussion.
|2||Creative Writing Skills||20|
Class 11 English Elective Syllabus in Pdf
Here in this Section we have mentioned the CBSE Class 11 English Elective Exam Pattern. Students Can Check the Class 11 English Elective Exam Pattern and Class 11 English Elective Syllabus For the academic year 2019-20.
|1||CBSE Class 11 Study Materials||Click Here|
|2||CBSE Class 11 Important Books||Click Here|
|3||CBSE Class 11 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|4||CBSE Class 11 Syllabus||Click Here|
|5||CBSE Class 11 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|6||CBSE Class 11 Work Sheet||Click Here|
|7||CBSE Class 11 Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|8||CBSE Class 11 NCERT Solution||Click Here|
For any query related CBSE class 11 Syllabus, you can comment on the box mentioned below. our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck Student…!!!