CLAT Counselling 2021 will be conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities. It is a National level examination. CLAT 2021 entrance exam is conducted for admission in 3 years/ 5-year Integrated LLB and LLM Programs in 21 NLUs institute/colleges. The CLAT’s Conducting authority will be served the admission procedure to UG/PG programs at participating universities via online mode.
Under the CLAT 2021 Counselling, there will be five rounds of counselling. Throughout this article, candidates get complete information about CLAT 2021 Counselling Process.
Latest Updates: Registrations for the examination closed on 15th June 2021.
Download Hand Written Notes CLAT 2021 Examination Click Here
CLAT UG 2021 Useful Resources
Aspirants May Also Check the Clat 2021 Useful Resources to the CLAT UG Examination.
|CLAT 2021 Notification||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Syllabus||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Books||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Admit Card||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Cut-Off||Click here|
|CLAT 2021 Counselling||Click Here|
|CLAT 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
CLAT 2021 Counselling
Aspirants will be called for counselling based on the merit list. In counselling, candidates have to fill choices of colleges and courses as per their preferences. Before we talk about CLAT 2021 counselling process in deep, let’s look at some important points regarding CLAT 2021 Counselling procedure.
|Conducting Body||Consortium of National Law Universities|
|Name of the Exam||Common Law Admission Test (UG) 2021|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Online Application Starts From||1st January 2021|
|Frequency||Once in a Year|
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
Important Dates (Announced)
|Applications Open||01 January 2021|
June 15, 2021
|Admit Card||Not Announced Yet|
|CLAT 2021 Examination|
Postponed – A new date to be announced in the first week of May after taking stock of the COVID-19 situation in the country.
|Uploading of Answer Keys||Not Announced Yet|
|Inviting Objections||Not Announced Yet|
|Last date for Objections||Not Announced Yet|
|Notification of Final Answer Key||Not Announced Yet|
|Declaration of Final Results||Not Announced Yet|
|Enrollment for Counselling||Not Announced Yet|
1st indicative list Publication:-
The merit list to shortlist applicants for last admissions will be published on the authoritative website of CLAT 2021. It will be made on the merit-cum-preference basis.
Fee Payments of counselling an option available to exercise by provisionally selected applicants.
This step is more broken into sub-steps as mentioned below:-
- Under the counselling process, participation is allowed to a specified number of applicants from different categories against an actual number of seats available with participating NLUs. Needed the counselling fee of Rs. Provisionally selected applicants must submit 50,000.
- Adjustable fee deposited with the CLAT office will be transferred to the participating NLU in which the candidate has taken admission later fulfilment of the admission process.
- In case candidates fail to deposit the fee within a specified time, they will lose their right to compensation for admission under CLAT. Besides, I will also drop it from the merit list.
After completing the fee payment, applicants have to exercise any one of the options listed mentioned below:-
- Candidates choosing the ‘Lock’ option confirms his/ her choice of the allotted NLU. Such applicant shall not be considered for more shifting to any other NLUs of his/ her higher choice if any vacancy arises thereafter at the subsequent stage during the counselling process.
- Upward Shifting – candidates choosing the ‘Shifting’ option are considered against any vacancy arising in NLUs of his/ her higher choice via subsequent allotment list. There shall be upward shifting in order of candidates’ preferences provided in the application form. There shall be no downward shifting at any stage of the counselling procedure by CLAT 2021.
- Withdrawal– there is an option to withdraw the fee as well in two ways.
Option 1 – Failing to deposit the necessary fee
Option 2 – Choosing the option of withdrawal before the final seat allotment list, i.e. during the 4th round of CLAT Counselling.
Publication of 2nd list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates:-
- The 2nd list will be announced by the CLAT office of applicants who have spent counselling fee and reserved seat on participating NLUs.
- In the 2nd list, CLAT will also release a waitlist of candidates chosen conditionally against left out applicants, if any. In the designated time period as per the CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 is demanded to be paid, and their seat is required to be reserved.
- From the deposited counselling fee, there will be a deduction of a nominal amount of Rs. 10,000. The entire amount of the counselling fee will be forfeited in case of any withdrawal after a stipulated time.
Publication of 3rd list allotting seats to candidates:-
- The CLAT office will declare the comprehensive 3rd allotment list of nominees. Applicants who spent their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs make this list.
- This list will include candidates who have spent the counselling fee against the 1st and 2nd indicative list. With the 3rd allotment list, A list of waitlisted applicants, who are conditionally selected against dropped out applicants, will also be published.
- As per the CLAT calendar, the necessary counselling fee is demanded to be paid in the designated time period, and their seat is required to be reserved.
Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs:-
- Applicants need to approach the allotted NLU to submit the remaining amount towards admission and other fees.
- Provide appropriate real documents published by the competent authority in support of the numerous allegations made by candidates. Respective universities check certificates in original at the time of admission.
- No admission in participating NLUs will allow applicants to lose to provide necessary documents real or meet the eligibility requirements.
- After the CLAT merit list publication, the claim for admission and the entire amount of the counselling fee of Rs; 50,000 is sacrificed to applicants who leave to report at the allotted NLU.
CLAT Counselling Schedule 2021
Here we are providing the schedule for the centralized expected counselling schedule designed according to the Recent Released dates of the Exam.
|Declaration of result & releasing of merit list||4th week of June 2021|
|Counselling Registration||1st week of July 2021|
|Releasing of 1st seat allocation list||July 2021|
|Payment of counselling fee & exercising options||July 2021|
|Releasing of 2nd seat allotment list||July 2021|
|Counselling fee payment & exercising options||July 2021|
|Releasing of 3rd allotment list||July 2021|
|Payment of full fees by the candidates whose name appear for the first time in the third allotment list to the allotted Universities||July 2021|
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original and along with one set of photocopies for verification during admission. Candidates must carry those document we have mentioned below to complete the enrolment formalities at the time of the counselling Procedure of CLAT UG 2021.
- CLAT Application Form 2021
- CLAT Admit Card 2021
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (Date of Birth proof)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (Academic Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria)
- If applicable Caste Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Specially-Abled Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable NRI Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable, Sponsored NRI Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Domicile Certificate of the candidate
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Current passport size photographs of the applicants
CLAT cutoff 2021
CLAT cutoff 2021 will be released after the results announcement process by the Consortium of NLUs. CLAT cut-off will be available soon after the exam. The expert will release the expected cut off for CLAT 2021 days after the answer keys released. The cut-off is basically the minimum score required to qualify for admission to different colleges. To make a successful attempt at different Law Colleges, an aspirant must fill the score limit under CLAT 2021 cutoff.
Category wise seat Reservation:-
CLAT is conducted for offering admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The CLAT committee follows government policy for the reservation of CLAT 2021 seats. Below we have mentioned the percentage of seats reserved for the categories –
|OBC||27% of the total seats|
|SC||15% of the total seats|
|ST||7.5% of the total seats|
Other Law Exams
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
For registration related queries:
Contact Number:- 08047162020
(10:00 am to 05:00 pm on all working days)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. CLAT stands for Common Law Admissions Test. It is an all India entrance examination conducted by the National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M).
A. Importance of CLAT Preparation Like every other competitive exam, CLAT has a remarkably high demand. Moreover, with the desire to get admission to one of the best NLUs, students work very hard. The determination power is in full charge and they are willing to compromise on anything for their seat.
A. CLAT Eligibility. Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability). Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also appear provisionally.
A. Yes, you can give CLAT UG after your 12 class exams. The CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a National Level Law Entrance Exam held each year for the law aspirants of the country to get admissions and start their careers with the top and most prestigious law institutes of the country.
A. The starting salaries at most other places are alright, but not astronomical. Sadly, neither the media nor the CLAT mentors tell you about this. Renowned firms like Kochhar & Co., Crawford Bayley & Co. have a salary package of 4-6 lakhs per annum. A Supreme Court judicial clerkship pays Rupees 30,000 a month.
A. Yes, Each question will carry one mark. Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking process. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
A. With over 40000 applicants and around 600 seats (for top NLUs), I would say pretty hard. Because of this, clearing the exam will be tough regardless of the level of the paper. Chose CLAT over procrastination This exam is based on std X level so it is easy for almost everyone.
A. To be eligible for CLAT, the students must have secured: (A) Forty-five per cent (45%) marks in Qualifying Exam (Class XII examination) in case of students belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories. (B) Forty Percent (40%) marks in the case of students belonging to SC/ST categories.