CLAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted by the National Law University Odisha, Cuttack. It is a National level examination. CLAT 2020 entrance exam is conducted for admission in 3 years/ 5-year Integrated LLB and LLM Programs in 21 NLUs institute/colleges. The Conducting authority of CLAT will be served the admission procedure to UG/PG programs at participating universities via online mode.
Under the CLAT 2020 Counselling, there will be five rounds of counselling, starting from 10 June 2020 (Tentative). Throughout this article, candidates get complete information about CLAT 2020 Counselling Process.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to 2020 CLAT UG Admission Notification.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
CLAT 2020 Counselling
Aspirants will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list. In the counselling, candidates have to fill choices of colleges and courses as per their preferences. Before we talk about CLAT 2020 counselling process in deep. let’s have a look at some important points regarding CLAT 2020 Counselling procedure.
The 1st round counselling process will be started from 10 June 2020 (Tentative). The counselling procedure will be conducted in five rounds. The complete schedule for all 5 rounds are given below:
|1.||Declaration of Result||24 May 2020|
|2.||1st allotment list Publication||June 2020|
|3.||Fee Payment of Counselling in Rs. 50,000/-||June 2020|
|4.||2nd allotment list released after payment of counselling fee||June 2020|
|5.||Fee Payment of Counselling (for the candidates appearing for the 1st time in 2nd provisional allotment list)||June 2020|
|6.||Last date of withdrawal from the Admission Process||June 2020|
|7.||3rd allotment list Publication||June 2020|
|8.||Payment of full fees||June 2020|
|9.||The date for completing formalities at allotted NLU||June 2020|
|10.||The date for receiving the status of admissions from the participating NLU||July 2020|
|11.||Date of closure of admission process by the CLAT 2020 Office||July 2020|
1st indicative list Publication:-
The merit list to shortlist applicants for last admissions will be published on the authoritative website of CLAT 2020. It will be made on the merit-cum-preference basis.
Fee Payments of counselling an option available to exercise by provisionally selected applicants:-
This step is more broken into sub-steps as mentioned below:-
- Under the counselling process, participation is allowed to a specified number of applicants from different categories against an actual number of seats available with participating NLUs. Needed the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 must be submitted by provisionally selected applicants.
- Adjustable fee deposited with CLAT office will be transferred to the participating NLU in which candidate has taken admission later fulfilment of the admission process.
- In case candidates fail to deposit the fee within a specified time, they will lose their right to compensation for admission under CLAT. Besides, their names will also be dropped from the merit list.
After completing the fee payment, applicants have to exercise any one of the options listed mentioned below:-
- Candidates choosing the ‘Lock’ option confirms his/ her choice of the allotted NLU. Such applicant shall not be considered for more shifting to any other NLUs of his/ her higher choice in case of any vacancy arising thereafter at the subsequent stage during the counselling process.
- Upward Shifting – candidates choosing ‘Shifting’ option are considered against any vacancy arising in NLUs of his/ her higher choice via subsequent allotment list. There shall be upward shifting in order of candidates’ preferences provided in the application form. There shall be no downward shifting at any stage of the counselling procedure by CLAT 2020.
- Withdrawal– there is an option to withdraw the fee as well in two ways.
Option 1 – Failing to deposit the necessary fee
Option 2 – Choosing the option of withdrawal before the final seat allotment list i.e. during the 4th round of CLAT Counselling.
Publication of 2nd list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates:-
- The 2nd list will be announced by CLAT office of applicants who have spent counselling fee and reserved seat on participating NLUs.
- In the 2nd list, CLAT will also release a waitlist of candidates chosen conditionally against left out applicants, if any. In the designated time period as per the CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 is demanded to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
- From the deposited counselling fee, there will be a deduction of a nominal amount of Rs. 10,000. The entire amount of counselling fee will be forfeited in case of any withdrawal after a stipulated time.
Publication of 3rd list allotting seats to candidates:-
- The comprehensive 3rd allotment list of nominees will be declared by CLAT office. Applicants who spent their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs make this list.
- This list will include candidates who have spent the counselling fee against the 1st and 2nd indicative list. With the 3rd allotment list, A list of waitlisted applicants, who are conditionally selected against dropped out applicants, will also be published.
- In the designated time period as per CLAT calendar, the necessary counselling fee of is demanded to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs:-
- Applicants need to approach allotted NLU to submit the remaining amount towards admission and other fees.
- Provide appropriate real documents published by the competent authority in support of the numerous allegations made by candidates. Respective universities check certificates in original at the time of admission.
- No admission in participating NLUs will be allowed to applicants losing to provide necessary documents in real or meet the eligibility requirements.
- After the publication of CLAT merit list, the claim for admission and the entire amount of the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 is sacrificed to applicants who leave to report at the allotted NLU.
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original and along with one set of photocopies for verification during admission. Candidates must carry those document we have mentioned given below to complete the enrolment formalities at the time of counselling Procedure of CLAT UG 2020.
- CLAT Application Form 2020
- CLAT Admit Card 2020
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (Date of Birth proof)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (Academic Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria)
- If applicable Caste Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Specially-Abled Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable NRI Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Sponsored NRI Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Domicile Certificate of the candidate
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Current passport size photographs of the applicants
Category wise seat Reservation:-
CLAT is conducted for offering admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The CLAT committee follows government policy for reservation of CLAT 2020 seats. Below we have mentioned the percentage of seats reserved for the categories –
|OBC||27% of the total seats|
|SC||15% of the total seats|
|ST||7.5% of the total seats|
For any Query related to Common Law Admission Test 2020 (CLAT) notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the CLAT Examination.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!!