CLAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted by the National Law University Odisha, Cuttack. It is a National level examination. CLAT 2020 entrance exam is conducted for admission in 3 years/ 5-year Integrated LLB and LLM Programs in 21 NLUs institute/colleges. The Conducting authority of CLAT will be served the admission procedure to UG/PG programs at participating universities via online mode.
Under the CLAT 2020 Counselling, there will be five rounds of counselling. Throughout this article, candidates get complete information about CLAT 2020 Counselling Process.
Latest Notification: CLAT UG 2020 Examination Will Be Held on 28 September 2020
Download Hand Written Notes CLAT 2020 Examination Click Here
CLAT UG 2020 Useful Resources
|CLAT UG 2020 Notification||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Syllabus||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Books||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Admit Card||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Cut-Off||Click here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Counselling||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
CLAT 2020 Counselling
Aspirants will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list. In the counselling, candidates have to fill choices of colleges and courses as per their preferences. Before we talk about CLAT 2020 counselling process in deep. let’s have a look at some important points regarding CLAT 2020 Counselling procedure.
|Conducting Body||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack|
|Name of the Exam||Common Admission Test (UG) 2020|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Online Application Starts From||1st January 2020|
|Frequency||Once in a Year|
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
Important Dates (Announced)
|Applications Open||01 Jan 2020|
|Application Deadline||15th August 2020|
|Admit Card||15th September 2020|
|CLAT 2020 Examination||28th September 2020 (Announced)|
|Uploading of Answer Keys||_|
|Last date for Objections||_|
|Notification of Final Answer Key||_|
|Declaration of Final Results||_|
1st indicative list Publication:-
The merit list to shortlist applicants for last admissions will be published on the authoritative website of CLAT 2020. It will be made on the merit-cum-preference basis.
Fee Payments of counselling an option available to exercise by provisionally selected applicants:-
This step is more broken into sub-steps as mentioned below:-
- Under the counselling process, participation is allowed to a specified number of applicants from different categories against an actual number of seats available with participating NLUs. Needed the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 must be submitted by provisionally selected applicants.
- Adjustable fee deposited with CLAT office will be transferred to the participating NLU in which candidate has taken admission later fulfilment of the admission process.
- In case candidates fail to deposit the fee within a specified time, they will lose their right to compensation for admission under CLAT. Besides, their names will also be dropped from the merit list.
After completing the fee payment, applicants have to exercise any one of the options listed mentioned below:-
- Candidates choosing the ‘Lock’ option confirms his/ her choice of the allotted NLU. Such applicant shall not be considered for more shifting to any other NLUs of his/ her higher choice in case of any vacancy arising thereafter at the subsequent stage during the counselling process.
- Upward Shifting – candidates choosing ‘Shifting’ option are considered against any vacancy arising in NLUs of his/ her higher choice via subsequent allotment list. There shall be upward shifting in order of candidates’ preferences provided in the application form. There shall be no downward shifting at any stage of the counselling procedure by CLAT 2020.
- Withdrawal– there is an option to withdraw the fee as well in two ways.
Option 1 – Failing to deposit the necessary fee
Option 2 – Choosing the option of withdrawal before the final seat allotment list i.e. during the 4th round of CLAT Counselling.
Publication of 2nd list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counselling fee and additional waitlisted candidates:-
- The 2nd list will be announced by CLAT office of applicants who have spent counselling fee and reserved seat on participating NLUs.
- In the 2nd list, CLAT will also release a waitlist of candidates chosen conditionally against left out applicants, if any. In the designated time period as per the CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 is demanded to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
- From the deposited counselling fee, there will be a deduction of a nominal amount of Rs. 10,000. The entire amount of counselling fee will be forfeited in case of any withdrawal after a stipulated time.
Publication of 3rd list allotting seats to candidates:-
- The comprehensive 3rd allotment list of nominees will be declared by CLAT office. Applicants who spent their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs make this list.
- This list will include candidates who have spent the counselling fee against the 1st and 2nd indicative list. With the 3rd allotment list, A list of waitlisted applicants, who are conditionally selected against dropped out applicants, will also be published.
- In the designated time period as per CLAT calendar, the necessary counselling fee of is demanded to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs:-
- Applicants need to approach allotted NLU to submit the remaining amount towards admission and other fees.
- Provide appropriate real documents published by the competent authority in support of the numerous allegations made by candidates. Respective universities check certificates in original at the time of admission.
- No admission in participating NLUs will be allowed to applicants losing to provide necessary documents in real or meet the eligibility requirements.
- After the publication of CLAT merit list, the claim for admission and the entire amount of the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 is sacrificed to applicants who leave to report at the allotted NLU.
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original and along with one set of photocopies for verification during admission. Candidates must carry those document we have mentioned given below to complete the enrolment formalities at the time of counselling Procedure of CLAT UG 2020.
- CLAT Application Form 2020
- CLAT Admit Card 2020
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (Date of Birth proof)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (Academic Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria)
- If applicable Caste Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Specially-Abled Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable NRI Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Sponsored NRI Certificate of the candidate
- If applicable Domicile Certificate of the candidate
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Current passport size photographs of the applicants
Category wise seat Reservation:-
CLAT is conducted for offering admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The CLAT committee follows government policy for reservation of CLAT 2020 seats. Below we have mentioned the percentage of seats reserved for the categories –
|OBC||27% of the total seats|
|SC||15% of the total seats|
|ST||7.5% of the total seats|
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
For registration related queries:
Contact Number:- +91 97415 21069, 94825 67257 (Bengaluru) and +91 84807 18979 (Odisha) 10:00 am to 05:00 pm on all working days
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. CLAT stands for Common Law Admissions Test. It is an all India entrance examination conducted by the National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M).
A. Importance of CLAT Preparation Like every other competitive exam, CLAT has a remarkably high demand. Moreover, with the desire to get admission in one of the best NLUs, students work very hard. The determination power is on a full charge and they are willing to compromise on anything for their seat.
A. CLAT Eligibility. Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability). Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also appear provisionally.
A. Yes, you can give CLAT UG after your 12 class exams. The CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a National Level Law Entrance Exam held each year for the law aspirants of the country to get admissions and start their career with the top and most prestigious law institutes of the country.
A. The starting salaries at most other places are alright, but not astronomical. Sadly, neither the media nor the CLAT mentors tell you about this. Renowned firms like Kochhar & Co., Crawford Bayley & Co. have a salary package of 4-6 lakhs per annum. A Supreme Court judicial clerkship pays Rupees 30,000 a month.
A. Yes, Each question will carry one mark. Negative Marking: There will be negative marking process. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
A. With over 40000 applicants and around 600 seats (for top NLUs), I would say pretty hard. Because of this, clearing the exam will be tough regardless of the level of the paper. Chose CLAT over procrastination This exam is based on std X level so it is easy for almost everyone.
A. To be eligible for CLAT, the students must have secured: (A) Forty-five per cent (45%) marks in Qualifying Exam (Class XII examination) in case of students belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories. (B) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of students belonging to SC/ST categories.
List of Top Colleges in India
|Courses Name||Links Here|
|Engineering Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Medical Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Architecture Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BAMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BHMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BSMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BYNS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BUMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Dental Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Nursing Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Physiotherapy Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Veterinary Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Pharmacy Colleges in India||Click Here|
|LAW Colleges in India||Click Here|
|B.Ed Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Hotel Management Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Fashion Designing Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Polytechnic Colleges in India||Click Here|
Never let yourself down.
Keep Working Hard.
Best of Luck…!!!
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21 Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers