Attention Aspirants, the notification for Common Law Admission Test 2020 (CLAT 2020) entrance exam is published. Those who want to appear for the CLAT 2020 entrance exam need to visit the official website and apply for CLAT 2020 Admission Form from the 15 August 2020. Hope you all have applied for the exam and now you all are looking to take admission in CLAT 2020.
If you want to score great on Common Law Admission Test 2020 and looking to have a better preparation strategy, then you are in the right place. This post will let you know about the CLAT 2020 Admission, Syllabus, CutOff, Preparation tips, Counselling Schedule, Result declaration, Datesheet etc. Have a look.
Latest Notification: CLAT UG 2020 Examination Will Be Held on 28 September 2020
Download Hand Written Notes CLAT 2020 Examination Click Here
1. CLAT UG 2020 Useful Resources
2. What is CLAT (Common Law Admission Test 2020)?
3. Why Choose CLAT 2020?
4. Brief Description
5. Important Dates
6. Eligibility Criteria
7. Application Process
8. Exam Pattern
10. Sample Paper
12. Preparation Tips
13. Exam Centres
14. Admit Card
15. Exam day guidelines
16. Answer Key
19. Merit List
21. Seat Allotment
22. All Campuses of CLAT
23. Contact Details
24. Other Exams
25. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
26. List of Top Colleges in India
CLAT UG 2020 Useful Resources
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to 2020 CLAT UG Admission Notification.
|CLAT UG 2020 Notification||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Syllabus||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Books||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Admit Card||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Cut-Off||Click here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Counselling||Click Here|
|CLAT UG 2020 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
What is CLAT (Common Law Admission Test 2020)?
Common-Law Admission Test is also known as CLAT. It is an all India entrance exam conducted by the National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their under-graduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M). The exam is conducted as per a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the convenience of the students seeking admission to various National Law Universities in India.
The authority will conduct Common Law Admission Test 2020 to provide a list of candidates on the basis of ‘merit-cum- preference’ to each University for admission to their Under-Graduate (UG) programme, according to eligibility, reservation, and other criteria. Before we go deep with the information, let us first have a look at the Major Features of the Common Law Admission Test 2020 Admission notification.
Why Choose CLAT 2020?
Before going deep, let us have a look at some of the salient features of CLAT 2020 Which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam.
- National Law Institute is a group of colleges in India and considered among the best in India. If you want to get admission into these colleges then you have to qualify a CLAT 2020 exam with good scores.
- It is the apex organization in India for those who have an interest in Common Law.
- It is conducted as per a National Law University Odisha, Cuttack.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about CLAT Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of CLAT UG Entrance Exam 2020.
|Conducting Body||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack|
|Name of the Exam||Common Admission Test (UG) 2020|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Online Application Starts From||1st January 2020|
|Frequency||Once in a Year|
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
Important Dates (Announced)
|Applications Open||01 Jan 2020|
|Application Deadline||15th August 2020|
|Admit Card||15th September 2020|
|CLAT 2020 Examination||28 September 2020|
|Uploading of Answer Keys||28 September 2020|
|Inviting Objections||28 September 2020|
|Last date for Objections||29 September 2020|
|Notification of Final Answer Key||3rd October 2020|
|Declaration of Final Results||5th October 2020|
|Enrollment for Counselling||6 to 7 October 2020 (Announced)|
The aspirant can check details about CLAT 2020 including the application form, exam pattern, exam dates, syllabus and preparation tips below.
Here are the updated eligibility criteria for the CLAT 2020.
Under Graduate (UG)
- An aspirant will be considered eligible for CLAT if he/she has passed the 12th examination with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Aspirant appearing the 12th examination in March/April will also be eligible for CLAT 2020. Such candidates have to produce the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
No upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2020.
- The prescribed qualification for LL.M. is LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ any other equivalent exam.
- Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination should be 55% for unreserved /OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP). In case of SC/ST, the minimum marks would be 50%.
- Aspirant appearing in the qualifying exam in April/May 2020 may also apply.
No prescribed maximum age limit for PG courses.
To Know full detailed Eligibility Criteria Eligibility Criteria
CLAT 2020 exam will be conducted on 28th September 2020 every year. One should follow these simple steps to apply for the CLAT UG 2020 Admission form.
- One has to visit the official website of CLAT (Official Website)
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
Application Fee Structure
Category-wise Application Fees for the CLAT Application form 2020 is mentioned below.
|CLAT UG 2020 Application Fee|
|Unreserved/SAP/OBC/ any other category students||Rs 4,000|
|SC/ST category students||Rs 3,500|
Mode Of Payment
- Online Banking
- Bank Demand Draft
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
CLAT 2020 consist of different exam pattern for UG and PG. The CLAT authority has approved some major changes to the CLAT 2020 exam pattern. These include:
- Reducing the number of questions to 150.
- Comprehension-based questions will be asked
- It will be from Quantitative Techniques, English, Current Affairs, Deductive Reasoning and Logical Reasoning.
The updated CLAT 2020 exam pattern is provided here as notified by the conducting body.
|English including Comprehension|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs|
Read also: To know more about CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern. Click Here
Here is the updated Syllabus for the CLAT 2020.
- English including Comprehension– You need to focus on English based comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs– In this Section the General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions will be asked on current affairs will test the candidate’s on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
- Quantitative Techniques– The questions will generally of the numerical ability type of Class 10th standard.
- Legal Reasoning– The section will majorly test your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. The questions will be framed on legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions. The propositions may not be true in the real sense and you will have to assume the true proposition based on the set of facts and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning– The question of these section of the purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the applicant’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. under this section the variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
Read also: To know more about CLAT 2020 syllabus. Click Here
Aspirants applying for Common Law Admission Test 2020 admission test may find these sample paper very useful as it will give you the exact idea of what is being asked in the national examination. These Sample Papers for CLAT Admission Test 2020 will also serve as Model question paper for CLAT Admission Test 2020. Have a look.
English including Comprehension
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Read more: To knw more about CLAT 2020 Sample Paper. Click Here
Candidates preparing for the exam are getting tensed about the Study Materials and Books required to crack the Exam. But if your preparation is effective and you are working with proper planning then you can easily clear the cut-off.
Read also: To know more about CLAT 2020 best books. Click Here
There is given below Important Tips related to CLAT 2020
- Firstly, know all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
The admit card for the CLAT UG 2020 will be released online 15th September 2020. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from the official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her CLAT 2020 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to download the admit card for CLAT UG 2020 Entrance examination.
Read also: To know more about CLAT 2020 Admit Card. Click Here
Exam day guidelines
To help the candidates appearing for the examination have a hassle-free day and keep them stress-free and calm on Exam Day, we have made some Exam day guidelines for CLAT 2020.
What to carry on the exam day? (✔)
- CLAT 2020 admit card
- Two passport size photographs (preferably same as the one submitted with the application form)
- A valid photo Id proof (Passport/ Aadhaar card, Driving Licence, PAN Card)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
What not to carry? (×)
- A stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Pen, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, etc.
- Communication devices like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band, etc.
- Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc.
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, tea, coffee, cold drinks, etc.
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth device, etc.
- Candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry eatables (with prior intimation) like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/ candy/sandwich, etc.
The final answer key of CLAT 2020 will be released soon. CLAT Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website. The aspirant may have an opportunity for an online challenge against the answer key. All of the right answers to the questions asked in the offline entrance examination of CLAT 2020 will be present in the answer key.
Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) Result will be declared soon. The result will release online on the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for CLAT UG 2020
- Go to the official website of the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
- Click on “CLAT Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download CLAT scorecard.
Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) cut-off will be Mention after the declaration of results. Exam committee considers various factors for calculating the cut-off marks like difficulty level of question paper, the number of candidates attempted the exam and previous years cut-off trends.
Check CLAT Expected (2020) & Previous Year Cut off Click Here
Here’s update info for CLAT UG 2020 Marit list-
- Common-Law Admission Test 2020 Marit List will issue Separate for UG and PG programmes.
- Category-wise merit list will be announced along with the result.
- Merit list will indicate state as well as All India Rank of examinees.
CLAT 2020 Counselling All India Merit List
Here’s update info for CLAT UG 2020 Counselling-
- Admission to UG and PG programmes in participating NLUs will be done through centralized counselling organized by CLAT office.
- CLAT UG 2020 counselling.
- The online counselling shall be conducted in 4 rounds.
- Allotment of seats will be on the basis of ‘merit-cum-preference’.
- Selected Candidates for admission has to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000/- with CLAT Office.
Documents Required for Counselling
The candidates are required to bring the documents such as
- Allotment letter.
- Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- Rank/Score Card.
- X and XII result.
- Medical certificate.
- Community Certificate.
- 4-6 Passport Size photos.
Read also: To know more about CLAT 2020 counselling. Click here
Want to Study in Top Law Colleges (Call Now) +91-9873056333
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the counselling day.
- The candidates will be given an allotment letter on his email id.
- If in case there are any technical issues with the website, then it is the responsibility of the Authorities to fix it.
- The candidate has to download and print the allocation letter.
- He/She has to visit the allotted institute with this letter for further proceedings.
Read also: To Know more about CLAT 2020 Seat Allotment. Click Here
All Campuses of CLAT
Here’s given blow Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Campuses-
For registration related queries:
Contact Number:- +91 97415 21069, 94825 67257 (Bengaluru) and +91 84807 18979 (Odisha) 10:00 am to 05:00 pm on all working days
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. CLAT stands for Common Law Admissions Test. It is an all India entrance examination conducted by the National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M).
A. Importance of CLAT Preparation Like every other competitive exam, CLAT has a remarkably high demand. Moreover, with the desire to get admission in one of the best NLUs, students work very hard. The determination power is on a full charge and they are willing to compromise on anything for their seat.
A. CLAT Eligibility. Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability). Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also appear provisionally.
A. Yes, you can give CLAT UG after your 12 class exams. The CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a National Level Law Entrance Exam held each year for the law aspirants of the country to get admissions and start their career with the top and most prestigious law institutes of the country.
A. The starting salaries at most other places are alright, but not astronomical. Sadly, neither the media nor the CLAT mentors tell you about this. Renowned firms like Kochhar & Co., Crawford Bayley & Co. have a salary package of 4-6 lakhs per annum. A Supreme Court judicial clerkship pays Rupees 30,000 a month.
A. Yes, Each question will carry one mark. Negative Marking: There will be negative marking process. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
A. With over 40000 applicants and around 600 seats (for top NLUs), I would say pretty hard. Because of this, clearing the exam will be tough regardless of the level of the paper. Chose CLAT over procrastination This exam is based on std X level so it is easy for almost everyone.
A. To be eligible for CLAT, the students must have secured: (A) Forty-five per cent (45%) marks in Qualifying Exam (Class XII examination) in case of students belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories. (B) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of students belonging to SC/ST categories.
List of Top Colleges in India
|Courses Name||Links Here|
|Engineering Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Medical Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Architecture Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BAMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BHMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BSMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BYNS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|BUMS Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Dental Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Nursing Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Physiotherapy Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Veterinary Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Pharmacy Colleges in India||Click Here|
|LAW Colleges in India||Click Here|
|B.Ed Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Hotel Management Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Fashion Designing Colleges in India||Click Here|
|Polytechnic Colleges in India||Click Here|
Never let yourself down.
Keep Working Hard.
Best of Luck…!!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now