College Of Veterinary Science Guwahati is one of the reputed Government Veterinary Colleges in Guwahati. The college is popularly known as College Of Veterinary Science Assam and it was founded in the year 1948.
The primary objective of this facility is to promote biology teaching through bioinformatics (BTBI) It also periodically organizes hands-on training on various aspects of the application of bioinformatics tools and molecular techniques in biological research.
This famous College Of Veterinary Science in Guwahati is affiliated to The Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat and is approved by Veterinary Council of India (VCI).
College Of Veterinary Science Guwahati
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of College Of Veterinary Science Guwahati
|College Name||College Of Veterinary Science Guwahati Assam|
|Popular Name||Guwahati Veterinary College|
|Affiliated with||Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat|
|Approved by||Veterinary Council of India (VCI)|
|Category||Veterinary Colleges in Assam|
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about College Of Veterinary Science, Guwahati Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with– Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Approved by– Veterinary Council of India (VCI)
- Aid Status- Government
- Medical Facilities
|B.V.Sc.& A.H (Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry)||100||5 year 6month.|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
College Of Veterinary Science Guwahati Fee Structure
|Course Name||Fees (Rs)|
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarship updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET Cutoff 2020 (Expected)
Here check the expected NEET Cutoff 2020 examination given below as per the previous year trends:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||701-134|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India Veterinary colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria
||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Assam NEET Counselling2020
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education Assam to get themselves registered for NEET2020 Assam State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Assam NEET2020, Let us first have a look at the Assam NEET2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Assam NEET2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling2020. Counselling of NEET2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.Reporting to
- college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by AMC Dibrugarh the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||College Of Veterinary Science Assam|
- It is one of the premiers College Of Veterinary Science in Guwahati.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Veterinary Colleges in Assam.
College Of Veterinary Science Assam
Assam Agricultural University
Jorhat, PIN – 785013
Official Website: http://www.vetbifg.ac.in/
|Top Colleges in India||Link|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best Of luck..!!!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now