Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT CAT) is conducted every year to give admission to the eligible candidates to undergraduate and postgraduate engineering, law and many other courses offered across its different campuses. CUSAT CAT is the gateway to the 3-year and 4-year engineering courses. Candidates who clear the written exam will have to give the interview or group discussion rounds for final admission.
CUSAT CAT 2021 is organised by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. This is a common admission test conducted to take admission in the different undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD courses. These courses include Engineering, Sciences, Humanities, Law, Management, Commerce and Computer Applications.
Read the full post, for the detailed information of the CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. This post will get the information like why to choose the CUSAT CAT 2021, Quick facts, Application Process, Eligibility, Qualification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and books, etc.
Download Hand Written Notes for CUSAT CAT 2021 Examination Click Here
CUSAT CAT 2021 Useful Resources
Here we have mentioned some useful resources of CUSAT CAT 2021, that will help you.
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Notification||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Slot Booking||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 College Predictor||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Rank Predictor||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Syllabus||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Books||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Test Series||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling||Click Here|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
The CUSAT CAT 2021 entrance exam will be conducted in Online mode (Computer- Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 3 hours in the examination. The multiple-choice questions asked will be asked in the examination of CUSAT CAT 2021 exam.
|Name of Examination||CUSAT 2021|
|Conducted by||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|CUSAT 2020 Exam Date||—-|
|Level of CUSAT Examination||University Level|
|Category||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||250 (for engineering) Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages for the Examination||English|
There is Given blow Important Dates related to CUSAT CAT Exams.
|Schedule||Dates (Will be updated soon)|
|Application form release||08 January 2020|
|Last date for filling the application||10 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit the application fee||15 Feb 2020|
|Application form apply with late fee||Notified soon|
|The release of admit card||3rd week of June- 1st week of July 2020|
|Exam date||27th-28th July 2020|
|Result announcement||Notified soon|
|1st Round Counselling starts||Notified soon|
We have provided CUSAT CAT 2021 Sample Papers that will help you crack CUSAT CAT 2021examination.
Physics Sample Papers
Chemistry Sample Papers
Mathematics Sample Papers
Read Also: Amity JEE Entrance Exams 2020
Programmes Offered Under CUSAT CAT 2021
|S.No||B. Tech Programmes Offered Under CUSAT CAT 2021|
|4||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|5||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|8||Computer Science Engineering (CSE)|
|9||CSE with Specialisation in Cloud Computing & Virtualization in association with IBM.|
|10||CSE with Specialisation in Open Source Software & Open Standards in association with IBM.|
|11||CSE in Business Analytics in association with IBM.|
|12||CSE with Specialisation in Telecom Informatics in association with IBM.|
|13||CSE with Specialisation in Mainframe Technology in association with IBM.|
|14||CSE with Specialisation in Computer Networks & Cyber Security|
|15||CSE with Specialisation in the Internet of Things (IoT)|
|16||CSE with Specialisation in Data Analytics|
Aspirants should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the CUSAT CAT exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing 2021 exam is given below.
- The Admission Seeker should have qualified the 12th or equivalent exam for undergraduate courses up to 55% score throughout and 50% minimum in mathematics.
- Candidate must have the degree of graduation with at least
- Subjects must be Chemistry, Physics, maths with English as a compulsory subject for engineering.
All Candidates who living in India can apply for this exam, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals are also eligible for this exam.
- Minimum Age –For all undergraduate courses, candidates must be 17 years of age.
- For postgraduate courses, candidates must be less than 22 years of age.
- M.Phil and PhD courses, the age of candidates must be less than 28 years. For doctorate candidates, age limit criteria are 45 years.
- Maximum Age – For CUSAT CAT 2021, the maximum age limit is 25 years (for UG courses only) on the exam date.
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria Click Here.
The exam pattern of CUSAT 2021 gives detailed information about the duration of the exam, the number of questions asked, the medium of question paper and more. By checking the CUSAT 2021 exam pattern, the candidate will process the information and prepare well beforehand. The detailed information about CUSAT 2021 Exam Pattern is listed below :
|1.||Date of Examination||27th-28th July 2020|
|2.||No. of Shifts||Two|
|3.||Mode of Examination||Online|
|4.||The medium of Examination||English, Hindi|
|5.||Duration of Examination||3 Hours|
|6.||Type of Examination||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|7.||Sections in Examination||Physics -(50 Ques.)|
|8.||Total no. of Questions and Marks in Examination||No. of Questions – 250. Total Marks – 750 (250*3)|
|9.||Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded whereas 1 Mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
- No. of Question: Total of 250 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through online mode
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be given for each correct answer (+3 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern Click Here.
Do’s and Don’ts
Candidates applying for CUSAT CAT Engineering Entrance Examination 2021 are advised to read these following examination guidelines before going to the exam centre.
- It would help if you arrived at the examination centre as per reporting time mentioned in the admit card
- Carry a Valid Id proof for Verification
- It would help if you sat in the pre-allocated seat
- Candidates should maintain silence during and after the admission test
- Make sure you sign the attendance sheet in the presence of Invigilator.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry written material inside the examination hall.
- You are not allowed to write anything on the Admit card.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to carry any electronic device like Mobile phone, calculators, cameras or any music devices.
- You will not be allowed to go out of examination hall till the completion of the entire exam time.
- You are not allowed to carry eatable items inside the examination hall, only water bottle allowed.
How to Fill the CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form?
There is given below detailed application procedure:
- Admission Seeker can avail the CUSAT CAT Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of CUSAT CAT.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the application form’s confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
The CUSAT CAT 2021 application fee, which has to be paid at the time of submission of CUSAT CAT 2021 is different for different categories. Aspirants may check in the table given below the requisite application fee to be paid at the time of CUSAT CAT 2021 application form submission.
|General and OBC||INR 1000/-|
|Candidates opting for Dubai||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Diploma, Certificate Programmes||Rs. 100 (Rs. 50 for SC/ST Candidates)|
|PhD and M.Phil Programmes||Rs. 1,000 (Rs. 500 for SC/ST Candidates)|
|NRI Quota||Rs. 5000/-|
|International Candidate / PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers(CGW)||$100 USD|
CUSAT CAT 2021 application fee can be a summit in online mode. Aspirants may choose from the following mode of payment of CUSAT CAT application fee 2021:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Net Banking or UPI
CUSAT CAT Syllabus 2021 will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the Cochin University of Science and Technology to gather general syllabus from 11th & 12th based Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus and CBSE, NCERT & Kerala state board.
NOTE:-There is given below the core syllabus (only broad topics).
Syllabus for Physics
|Class XI||Class XII|
|The physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves|
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Syllabus Click Here.
The first step towards successful Preparation of CUSAT CAT Entrance Exam lies in selecting Best Books for CUSAT. The Toughness level of CUSAT CAT Exam is comparatively easier than JEE Mains & JEE Advanced. According to a few previous year toppers, the “Mulsutra for Success in CUSAT CAT” is your Hard work and Determination to achieve Impossible. This article will help you to get some of the best books available for CUSAT Engineering Entrance Examination with perhaps the most accurate content.
- Firstly, know all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Consider the good preparation of books and study materials.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Books Click Here.
CUSAT CAT Hall ticket will be released after the slot booking process. The link of CUSAT admits card 2021 will be notified on the official website of CUSAT. The link will be shared with the aspirants through his/her registration id & mobile number. If any discrepancy noticed in admit card regarding particulars of the candidate, photograph, and signature or any other information vary from the confirmation page, he/she may immediately contact the CUSAT CAT examination Board unit for necessary corrections before the exam commencement.
Before we talk about the step by step procedure to download the CUSAT CAT Admit Card 2021, let’s look at the Important dates and CUSAT Examination schedules.
How to Download Admit Card
The candidates have to follow the simple step to download CUSAT Admit 2021.
The candidate has to visit on the official site Click here
Fill your registration no, Date of birth and Security pin.
Click on the submit button.
Candidate must check all the details on admit card very carefully before downloading it.
Keep the print out for further use.
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Admit Card Click Here
Examination Result for CUSAT CAT 2021 will be declared in (Date will be updated soon) 2021. Applicants are advised to visit the official website regularly to keep an eye on that. CUSAT CAT Result 2021 will be declared on different dates for all courses. Based on the result, the authority will prepare the merit list for each programme. Based on this merit list, the candidates will be called for the counselling.
The Merit list of the candidate will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Admission Seekers who apply for different courses need to clear the Cutoff of CUSAT 2021 to participate in the counselling process and finally get selected for their dream college. The major factors on which CUSAT Cutoff is made to be set Number of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats in various colleges of CUSAT, and the difficulty level of the examination.
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Cutoff Click Here.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) will conduct CUSAT CAT Counselling 2021. The candidates who are willing to get admission through CUSAT will be required to secure perform well in the entrance test. The aspirant would be selected for admission based on rank obtained in CUSAT 2021 examination. The shortlisted candidates have to follow the steps to get admission through CUSAT Counselling 2021:
STEP 1– Registration and Choice Filling
The aspirant qualified for CUSAT CAT Counselling Procedure 2021 has first to register themselves using their username and password which was created during the online application form of CUSAT 2021. after that, the candidates have to register themselves by giving the details asked there and have to fill the choice of colleges and courses as per their choice. The aspirant is advised to fill up maximum choice.
The candidates have to choose the seat very carefully because once the registration form submitted; the candidates would not be able to make any changes. A link will be activated when the application process gets started.
Note: To know more about CUSAT CAT Counselling Process Click Here.
Candidates should choose the centre wisely without making any mistake. The allotment of the examination centre for CUSAT CAT Engineering Entrance Examination 2021 is solely based on the candidates’ choices at the time of applying. The Board has the authority to change the selected exam centres without any excuses.
|Special Help Line for CUSAT CAT Exam||+91(484)2577159|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ,s)
Answer: There is given below detailed application procedure
1. Admission Seeker can avail the CUSAT CAT Application Form via online mode only.
2. Visit the official website of CUSAT CAT.
3. Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
4. Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature in the prescribed format.
5. Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
6. After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
Answer: Cochin University of Science and Technology is a government-owned autonomous science and technology university in Kochi, Kerala.
Answer: Below given some best courses:
1. Civil Engineering(C.E).
2. Computer Science and Engineering(CSE).
3. Electrical and Electronics Engineering(EE).
4. Electronics and Communication Engineering(EC).
5. Information Technology(IT).
6. Mechanical Engineering(ME).
7. Safety and Fire Engineering.
Answer: 3 Hours.
Answer: Below given step by step how to check your result,
1. Candidates need to visit the CUSAT website – results.cusat.ac.in.
2. Select the degree course for which the candidate applied.
3. Candidates have to enter their roll number in the exam results page.
4. Submit the roll number.
5. CUSAT website will display the CUSAT CAT 2020 Result.
Answer: Cusat stated the integrated MSC course in 2020. Every seat was filled within the rank 500. There are only 60 seats available for the course in total.
List of Top Colleges in India
Never let yourself down
Keep working Hard
For further CUSAT CAT 2021 Entrance Exams related queries,
Best of Luck…!!!