Attention Candidates, DNB PDCET 2020 Application Form Notification has been released. DNB PDCET 2020 Exam will be held on 20 December 2020. The candidate may submit application Form only via online mode. According to research information, The last date of the submission of the DNB PDCET 2020 application form will be on the 31 October 2019. Throughout the article, we will discuss the DNB PDCET Eligibility Criteria, admit card, books etc. Get updated information on Age, Nationality, Reservation and Educational Qualification.
The Diplomate of National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test is also known as DNB PDCET 2020. DNB PDCET 2020 is a ranking examination administered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for admission to various post diploma DNB courses. Candidates who successfully register for the DNB programme after clearing exam 2020, are needed to complete 2 years of practical training under any NBE authorised institution/hospital/medical college. After successful completion of the practical training, he/she must to appear for the DNB final examination and pass it, only then he/she will be awarded a DNB degree.
|Name of the Examination||Diplomate of National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||DNB PDCET|
|Responsible Authority||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Mode of the Examination||Online|
|Level of the Examination||Postgraduate|
|Frequency of the Examination||Annual|
|Number of attempts permitted||Any|
|Number of test centres||24|
Why DNB PDCET 2020 Exam?
Before going to the deep, let us have a look at some of the silent features of DNB PDCET Exam 2020, which will give you the answer why choose this Entrance Exam or in simple words why DNB PDCET exam is for?
- It is a ranking examination. National Board of Examinations (NBE) is the conducting authority which organizes the DNB PDCET examination twice every year in various cities across India in 24 test centres.
- The application form available online Only.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to fill the application form.
- The exam is for admission to various post diploma DNB courses.
So, if you have already made up your mind to be a part of the DNB PDCET 2020 Exam, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about DNB PDCET Admission Test 2020. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Diplomate of National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test 2020.
|Official Notification||September 16, 2019|
|Application form releases||October 11, 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||October 31, 2019|
|Deficiencies will be reported to the candidate||November 4, 2019|
|Correction window||November 4, 2019 – November 11, 2019|
|Admit card||December 13, 2019|
|Exam 2020 date||December 20, 2019|
|Result||January 20, 2020|
- Candidates who willing to apply for DNB PDCET 2020 exam must check the eligibility criteria for the examination before applying for it. Candidates will get admission to the DNB courses those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria 2020.
- Candidate must hold a Postgraduate Diploma from a university/ institute recognised as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
Qualification required to appear for Exam
|Specialities||Postgraduate Diploma Qualification|
|DNB (Dermatology and Venereal Diseases)||DVD|
|DNB (Nuclear Medicine)||DNM|
|DNB (Respiratory Disease)||DTCD|
|DNB (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)||DMPR|
- Candidates who will appear for the qualifying examination of postgraduate diploma course on or before December 31, 2019, can also apply for DNB PDCET 2020.
- He/she must be registered with the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council.
- Candidates who already pursuing MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB PDCET 2020
- Candidates who have joined post-diploma PDCET after December 31, 2017, are not eligible to appear for DNB PDCET 2020.
|Specialities in which Post Diploma DNB courses are available|
|Neurology||Plastic Surgery||Genito-Urinary Surgery|
|Respiratory Diseases||Dermatology & Venereology||Radio-diagnosis|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Oto-rhinolaryngology||Radio Therapy|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||Psychiatry||Orthopaedics|
|General Medicine||General Surgery||Neuro Surgery|
|Cardio-Thoracic Surgery||Forensic Medicine||Nephrology|
|Physical Medicine Rehabilitation||Maternal Child Health||Cardiology|
|Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
The Application Form is available online for DNB PDCET 2020 examination on the official site of NBE. Candidates are advised to ensure that all the filled information in the PDCET 2020 Application Form must be correct as NBE does not consider any correction once the candidate submits his/her Application Form.
How to apply for PDCET 2020?
Candidates can follow the following steps to apply for PDCET 2020 examination.
Step 1: Go/open the official site of NBE.
Step 2: On the official website click on the Register button and enter all the details required for the Registration.
Step 3: After completing the Registration Process candidates will receive their User ID and password through SMS and Email on their registered email id and phone number while registration.
Step 4: Login by using your User ID and password and then enter all the details asked to fill the Application Form.
Step 5: Upload your photograph and signature on the Application Form.
Image specification for PDCET 2020 below.
|Photograph of the candidate||3.5X4.5 cm||jpg, jpeg, img|
|Signature of the Candidate||6X3 cm||jpg, jpeg, img|
Step 6: Choose a Test City as per your preference.
Step 7: Pay Rs. 4500 as Application Fee and then take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it.
|General, OBC, EWS, SC, ST||Online||Female, Male||₹ 4500|
Candidates will be given 2 hours and 30 minutes to attempt 250 questions.
|Subjects||Number of Questions asked|
|General Medicine, Dermatology, Psychiatry and Radiotherapy||45|
|General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Orthopaedics and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology||30|
|ENT and Ophthalmology||30|
|Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry||30|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
- For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded four (4) marks
- For every incorrect answer, one (1) will be deducted
- No marks would be awarded/deducted for unanswered questions
Candidates can check the list of all the important topics for DNB PDCET 2020 examination below.
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Community Medicine
Candidates can check the important books for DNB PDCET 2020 below.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|Dnb Quick Review (For Primary And Post Diploma)||Hasan Ashfaq Ui||Buy Here|
|Self Assessment & Review of DNB-PDCET||Alok Agarwal||Buy Here|
|PG Next 2e||Kalam Books||Buy Here|
|Sure Success Magic||B.S Ramgopal||Buy Here|
|Review Of All Recent PG Entrance Exams Papers||Arvind Arora||Buy Here|
|FORENSIC MEDICINE NOTHING BEYOND FOR PGMEE 3ED||Majendran J||Buy Here|
|CONCEPTUAL REVIEW OF RADIOLOGY NOTHING BEYOND FOR PGMEE 2ED||Kulkarni MA||Buy Here|
Candidates can check the preparation Tips for DNB PDCET 2020 examination below.
- Candidate must focus on topics like medicine, obstetrics, surgery, pathology, pharma, anaesthesia, orthopaedics, radiology, skin and anatomy.
- Candidates must practice the DNB PDCET 2020 previous year question each day to learn time control and also to examine their weaker and stronger sections.
- Candidates must take a smart review of all the diagrams and the statements which is given inside the important topics.
- Applicants are advised to keep revising through their notes because of that there few hours of studying can easily cover many important topics and points which will save their time.
- For topics like Anatomy and Radiology candidates can connect to some good video lectures which will make them more easier to understand.
- At the time of reading, Anatomy candidates must think about what image can be asked and also practice the major images.
Admission Seeker who has registered successfully will be able to download the admit card of DNB PDCET 2020 in online mode from 13 December 2020. The name of the students, exam centre address, timings for the exam and other details will be present on the admit card of DNB PDCET 2020. It is important for all student to bring the admit card to the examination centre along with a passport size photograph. Failure to present the admit card at the exam centre of DNB PDCET 2020 will make the candidates ineligible to attempt the exam.
To download Admit card Click Here
Exam day guidelines
To help the candidates appearing for the examination have a hassle-free day and keep them stress-free and calm on Exam Day, we have made some Exam day guidelines for DNB PDCET 2020.
What to carry on the exam day? (✔)
- DNB PDCET 2020 admit card
- Two passport size photographs (preferably same as the one submitted with the application form)
- A valid photo Id proof (Passport/ Aadhaar card, Driving Licence, PAN Card)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
What not to carry? (×)
- A stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Pen, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, etc.
- Communication devices like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band, etc.
- Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc.
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, tea, coffee, cold drinks, etc.
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like a microchip, camera, Bluetooth device, etc.
- Candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry eatables (with prior intimation) like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/ candy/sandwich, etc.
After the completion of the DNB PDCET exam, the DNB PDCET result will be declared by January 15, 2020. The result of DNB PDCET 2020 will be declared in the form of merit list which will be published separately for 14 different specialities. The result of DNB PDCET will be uploaded on the official website of NBE. All candidates will be given a rank in decreasing order of the marks obtained by them. Such candidates who will qualify the examination will be invited to participate in the online centralised counselling of DNB PDCET conducted by NBE.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Q. What happens when more than two candidates got an equal score in DNB PDCET result 2020?
A. It is common to get same marks by two or more candidates in an examination. With a large number of test-takers, it would become difficult without any protocol that helps resolve such ties. To resolve such a situation in the result of DNB PDCET, NBE lodges the following protocol:
- Candidate with fewer incorrect answers will be placed higher on the merit list
- If the number of incorrect answers is the same, the candidate with more number of correct answers will be placed higher on the merit list
- If these two are equal, candidate older in age will be placed higher on the merit list
Q. What after the announcement of the DNB PDCET result 2020?
A. Candidates who qualify the examination and also fulfil the eligibility criteria have to attend the DNB PDCET counselling. To participate in the counselling process, a candidate has to register online on the official website of NBE’s online centralised merit-based counselling.
Q. Mode of DNB PDCET 2020 exam online or offline?
A. DNB PDCET 2020 exam will be conducted in online mode.
Q. How many times the DNB PDCET Exam be conducted? will it be conducted twice per year?
A. Yes, DNB PDCET 2020 will be held twice in a year in the month of January & July.
Q. How many times can a candidate appear for DNB PDCET Exam?
A. According to the official notification released by NBE, a candidate can appear for DNB PDCET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted.
Q. What will be the timings for DNB PDCET 2020 exam?
A. DNB PDCET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Q. What are the regional language options available for DNB PDCET 2020 Exam?
A. DNB PDCET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
Q. Who will conduct the DNB PDCET 2020 Exam?
A. National Board of Examination, (NBE) is the exam conducting authority of Diplomate of National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (DNB PDCET)
Q. Is there any change in the exam pattern of DNB PDCET 2020?
A. No, the exam pattern for DNB PDCET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22.
Q. What is the maximum number of attempts permitted for DNB PDCET?
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for DNB PDCET. According to NBE, a candidate can appear for the exam as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
Q. What is the price of a DNB PDCET application form?
A. The application fee for DNB PDCET 2020 is Rs 4500 for all the candidates who belong to the General, OBC SC/ST category.
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now