The Faculty of the Law University of Delhi was established in the year 1924. The learning centre is situated in the university’s North Campus in Maurice Nagar and is surrounded by a host of other academic institutions such as the Daulat Ram College, Miranda House, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, Hindu College and Delhi School of Economics etc.
The Law Faculty Delhi more than 130 teachers and about 7000 students at present including LL.B., LL.M., and PhD students. The present intake for LLB students is 2400 students after OBC expansion.
Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
Before we talk about Faculty of the Law University of Delhi complete college summary, let us have to look at the major information of Law Faculty Delhi.
|Name of Institute||Faculty of the Law University of Delhi|
|Popular Name||DU Faculty of Law, Law Faculty Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1924|
|Affiliated with||Delhi University|
|Approved by||UGC, BCI|
|Category||Colleges Affiliated to Delhi University|
Through this article, you can get complete information about the Faculty of the Law (University of Delhi) like Admission, Courses offered, Fees structure, Facilities, Cutoff, Placement details, Ranking, Faculty and Staff and others details.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- Affiliated with: University of Delhi
- Approved by: Bar Council of India
- Aid Status: Public
- Ragging Free Environment
- Regular Visit to Live Court.
- 24-hours free Internet Kiosk
- Modern Teaching Methodologies
- Video Conferencing Facility
- Functional English and Public Speaking Courses
- Special Programme on Interview Techniques
- Central library.
- Separate girls’ and boys’ In-Campus hostel.
- Cultural and tech fest
Some of the popular courses offered by the college are followed.
|Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)||3 year|
|Master of Laws (LL.M.)||2 year|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)||3 Years|
Seat Reservation for LLB Admissions
Seat Reservation for LLM Admissions
|Category||LLM 2 years||LLM 3 years||Total|
Faculty & Staff
Faculty of the Law University of Delhi offers admission with an intake of 2000+ numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology.
It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students.
Admission to the college is made through DU LLB Entrance examination. A Candidate must apply online at the admission portal of the University of Delhi.
|L.L.B Program||A candidate must have a graduation degree in any field with at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
|L.L.M. Program.||Candidates should have an LL.B. Degree from with at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA to be eligible for|
|PhD Program||Candidates should have a Masters or equivalent degree in the Law stream from a recognized university.|
- Selection is based on the merit in the entrance examinations and as per the cut off list released by Delhi University.
- LL.B selection is based on DU LLB entrance exam while for LL.M, DU LLM entrance exam is conducted by the university.
- Admission to PhD will be through PhD entrance exam conducted by DU or UGC-NET.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to widows/wards of ex-servicemen, wards of serving personnel (CW) category who are in receipt of Gallantry awards, and candidates belonging to physically handicapped (PH) category
- Final year degree students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
The fees structure of the Faculty of Law is given below.
|Particular||LLB (1st year Fee)||LLM (1st year Fees)|
|University Enrolment Fee||200/-||200/-|
|Tuition Fee (each Term)||50/-||50/-|
|Moot Court Fee||90/-||216/-|
|Law Library Development Fee||100/-||–|
|University Library Development Fee||150/-||250/-|
|University Library Security Deposit||200/-||200/-|
|University Law Library Fee||500/-||1000/-|
|Delhi University Students Union Fee||33/-||33/-|
|Union and Sports (equally)||20/-||20/-|
|University Athletics Fee||150/-||150/-|
|University Cultural Council Fee||10/-||10/-|
|Case Material Fee (each Term)||60/-||60/-|
|Identity Card Fee||1000/-||1000/-|
|WUS Health Centre Contribution||40/-||40/-|
|Faculty Journal Fee||120/-||120/-|
|University Development Fund||300/-||500/-|
|Conference/Seminar/Workshop/Legal Aid Fee||600/-||600/-|
|Faculty Library Legal Material Fund||150/-||150/-|
|Examination Fee (each Term)||20/-||20/-|
|Sexual Harassment Committee Fee||1110/-||710/-|
|University Sports Council Fee||10/-||10/-|
|Equal Opportunity Cell||25/-||–|
|Foreign Students Fee (for foreign nationals) (in US $ )||200||200|
Note:- To know complete details fees structure of Faculty of Law Delhi Click Here.
The DU LLB 2019 Cutoff will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and last year admission record. Check out the DU LLB 2018 Cutoff.
DU LLB 2018 Cutoff
|L.L.B.||Other Backward Class||134|
|L.L.B.||Other Backward Class||141|
|L.L.B.||Other Backward Class||143|
|L.L.B.||Other Backward Class||140|
The Faculty of Law Delhi has established a full-fledged training & placement cell which periodically liaises and interacts with the corporate world in order to explore the possibility of training and job Placement of students. The students have successfully proved their calibre in different organisation. Their work profile can be broadly categorised as
Faculty of Law Delhi Passed-out work profile
- 30-40% of the students go for litigation
- 10-15% goes for higher studies in India and abroad
- A few go for Judicial Service and Civil Service Examinations
- A few take-up clerkship under the Hon’ble judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts and the rest of them join law firms.
Rankings and Reputation
Faculty of the Law University of Delhi is one of the best Law colleges in India. The Infrastructure is Good, Faculties are well trained, Corporate Training and Internships programs are very good so does the Moot Court and Library. Brilliant Placement records and research makes the future of the college very bright.
|Name of Institute||Faculty of Law Delhi (Law Faculty)|
- The Faculty of Law, University of Delhi was ranked 3rd in India by The Week’s “Top Law Colleges in 2017” and 6th among government law colleges in India.
We would like to give this college 4.3 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Law Colleges in Delhi/NCR.
- Top 10 Colleges of Delhi University | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top Delhi University South Campus Colleges | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top 10 Colleges in North Campus | Edufever Ranking 2019.
To get Information on How to get Admission To Top College in Delhi? Please stay in touch with us. You can Also ask our Expert to guide you in getting admission in Faculty of LAW DU by commenting in the box mentioned below.
Best of Luck…!!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.