Attention Aspirants, The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has started the registration process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 on its official website, gate.iitd.ac.in. Candidates can visit the official website to get register themselves. The last date for submission of online application is September 24 without late fee. However, The applying seekers will also be given a window to make changes to their application form. The last date for requesting a change of examination Centre or city, with an additional fee is 15 November 2019.
As per the official schedule, the GATE 2020 exam will be held on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020. The Examination will be conducted in two shifts – morning shift beginning from 9:30 am to 12:30 am and afternoon shift to be conducted from 2:30 to 5:30 pm.
The result will be declared on March 16, 2020. The GATE score is valid until three years of the announcement of the result. This year, Over one million engineering graduates are expected to appear the GATE exam in 2020.
How to apply
- Step 1: Visit the official website of GATE: gate.iitd.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on the link that says ‘gate online application portal click here’
- Step 3: Click on ‘register here’ at the end of the new page
- Step 4: Fill all the required details and register
- Step 5: Sign-in by using registered id
- Step 6: Fill the complete form and upload your recent images
- Step 7: Make the payment
- The Male Aspirants will have to pay Rs 1500, the fee will be hiked to Rs 2000 post-September 24.
- Female candidates and for reserved category candidates the fee is Rs 750 and the late fee is Rs 1250.
What are the new changes???
Candidates are also informed that this year a new paper of Biomedical Engineering (BM) has been added to the list of 24 exams and hence from this year onwards GATE Entrance examination will be conducted over 25 subjects which including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering among other subjects. A candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session.
This Year, The GATE Entrance exam will be conducted in 6 Examination centres outside India. These centres are Dubai, Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu and Singapore.
Best of luck…!!
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.