Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda was popularly known as GKCIET Malda was established in 2010 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India under the mentorship of National Institute of Technology, Durgapur and in the memory of Sri A.B.A. Ghani Khan Choudhury who had contributed immensely to the societal development of the region.
The institute is temporarily located at Power Grid Corporation’s Training Institute, Malda and the permanent location ( Narayanpur, Malda, sprawling area of 101 acres of land) is under development process. GKCIET Malda was established with the objective to create a multi-layered inter-disciplinary and inter-sectorial efficient professional technical manpower to act as an international podium for the development and transfer of technical competence in academics.
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda.
|Name of Institute||Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda|
|Popular Name||GKCIET Malda|
|Location||Malda, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Affiliated to||Visva Bharati, Santiniketan|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, Diploma Programme|
|Category||Engineering in West Bengal|
Affiliations, Reorganization, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Visva Bharati, Santiniketan
- Approved by: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Institution Type:
- Medical Care
- Vegetarian Canteen
Degree Programs (B.Tech.)
|Disciplines||Intake Capacity||Qualification||For GKCIET Diploma Student||ForÂ the Diploma holders of Other Institutions|
|Food Processing Technology||30||Diploma Pass||2 Years||3 Years|
|Electrical Engineering||30||Diploma Pass||2 Years||3 Years|
|Mechanical Engineering||30||Diploma Pass||2 Years||3 Years|
|Disciplines||Intake Capacity||For Direct Entry||Vertical Entry of GKCIET Student||Duration|
|Food Processing Technology||30||10 +2 Pass (with PCM)||Certificate Course Pass||2 Years|
|Electrical Engineering||30||10 +2 Pass (with PCM)||Certificate Course Pass||2 Years|
|Mechanical Engineering||30||10 +2 Pass (with PCM)||Certificate Course Pass||2 Years|
|Food Processing and Preservation.||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
|Servicing and Maintenance of Electrical Appliances||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
|RepairingÂ & Maintenance of Auto and Farm Machineries||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
|Construction Technology||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
|Computer Applications||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
|Sericulture & Textile Technology||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
|Chemical Technology||30||10th Standard||2 Years|
Non-Formal Education based on the NVEQF model.
|Name of Certificate Programme under NVEQF||Academic programme offering Department||Intake||Qualification||Duration|
|Food and Allied Product||Food Processing Technology||100||10th Pass||1 year|
|Electrical equipment maintenance||ElectricalÂ Engineering||100||10th Pass||1 year|
|Automobile Service Technician||Mechanical Engineering||100||10th Pass||1 year|
|TechnologyEnabled Services||Computer Science & Technology||100||10th Pass||1 year|
- Admission in B.Tech will be made through JEE Main 2020 exam.
- It is a National Level Exam Organized by the NTA Board.
- For admission in IIT, Students have to qualify both JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2020 exams.
- Must be an Indian Citizen and medically fit.
- The minimum qualification for admission to the Diploma Programs is Matric (10th) pass or its equivalent examination with English, PhysicalScience/ Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics from a State Secondary Education Board / CBSE /ICSE /National Open School or equivalent securing at least 35% marks in aggregate as per AICTE norms excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional.
- The candidates appeared/appearing in the secondary or equivalent examination in 2018 with English, Physical Science/ Science (Physics & Chemistry) and Mathematics may also apply to conform to the benchmark of 35% marks in aggregate excluding marks of the subjects taken as additional at the time of counseling.
- Candidates Should not be born after 01/07/2003 and there is no upper age limit.
|2||Seat Booking during Counselling||2000|
|4||Seat Booking during Registration||500|
|7||Caution Deposit (Refundable without any interest)||5000|
|11||Student Welfare / Activities / Sports||1750|
|12||Medical Fee / Insurance||350|
|13||Library Fee / Activities and Magazines||450|
Placement Record of Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology Malda is not registered yet and the placement cell is quite busy to attract some of the top recruiters but this institution has a bright future ahead as the government is planning to make it as an autonomous body under National Institute of Technology(NIT).
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||GKCIET Malda|
We Would like to give this Engineering college 3.3 out of 5 Stars on Edufever the Best B.tech College in West Bengal.
Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology (GKCIET)
Address: PO- Narayanpur, Dist: Malda, State: West Bengal, India – 732141
Phone: 03512 268455 / 268780
Fax: 03512 268780
Official Website: http://www.gkciet.ac.in/
- West Bengal JEE Syllabus | Physics | Chemistry | Mathematics | Biology
- What after JEE Mains 2020 Result? Do’s & Don’t’s after JEE Mains
- JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus: Subject Wise Syllabus and Study Materials
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply