Government Leather Institute (GLI Agra) is located at Agra, the Historical city of Mughal Emperors. where apart from Taj Mahal, the biggest shoe industry of Asia is also located. This institute was setup in the year 1962 for training in two branches of technology
(Diploma in Leather Technology and Diploma in Footwear & leather goods Technology).
To provide adequate technically trained manpower to the Leather and Footwear industry of Agra Both the courses were intended for 2 years duration, which was subsequently changed to 3 years course w.e.f. 1983 as per the need of the industry with revised curriculum and increased intake for both.
Government Leather Institute, Agra
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of GLI Agra
|Name of Institute||Government Leather Institute, Agra|
|Popular Name||GLI Agra|
|Location||Industrial Estate, Nunihai, Near Rambag, Agra, 282006|
|Year of Establishment||1962|
|Affiliated with||Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education|
|Course Type||Diploma, Polytechnical|
|Category||Polytechnical Colleges in Merrut|
Affiliations, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated With: Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education
- Aid Status: Government
- Approved by: AICTE
- Learner centric teaching
- Smart and explicable teaching aids
- Hostels are home away from home
- Professional trainers for extracurricular acts
- Culture – respect everyone and lead constructively
- Basis of skills development through dismantling and assembling.
- Girls Common Room
- Boys Common Room
- Computer labs
- Web access centre
|DIPLOMA(LEATHER TECHNOLOGY)||60||3 Years|
|DIPLOMA(COMPUTER ENGINEERING)||60||3 Years|
Documents are an important part of the admission process. It provides information or evidence of a candidate’s profile. Following are the list of documents that required for admission process.
- Admit Card/Result Card of Entrance Exam
- Marksheet of (10+2) or Equivalent Exam
- School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile/ Affidavit/ Resident Certificate
- Caste Certificate (OBC/SC/ST)
- Government Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/Passport)
- Medical Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
The university proudly offers several scholarships to deserving students every year. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, leadership, community service, special talents, or other criteria. All the enrolling
students are highly encouraged to probe all the applicable scholarship opportunities.
Faculty & Staff
Government Leather Institute Agra college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the Legal education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
1) First, candidates have to appear for state-level polytechnic entrance examination.
2) After the announcement of results, candidates who have passed the examination by clearing the cutoff will be called for counselling procedure as per their rank.
3) The counselling process will take place in serval rounds. After each round seats are allotted to the respective candidates.
4) Now, Selected candidates have to appear for document verification and fee payment in their allotted institutes.
Each college’s admission process has guidelines for who can or cannot participate in the admission process. These guidelines, called eligibility criteria, describe characteristics that must be shared by all candidates. Candidates must fulfil
following criteria to take part in the admission process.
Diploma in Engineering
1) Candidates must have passed 10th/SSC Examination with science stream.
2) Candidates must have physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in their 10th class.
3) Minimum age limit of candidates should be 15 years and maximum age limit should be 25 years.
4) Candidates must secure minimum of 35% marks (General category) & 33% (Reserved Category) in physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Lower Age Limit: The minimum age limit should be 15 years
- Upper Age Limit: The maximum age limit is 25 years.
The cutoff is simply the minimum required score which a candidate needs to obtain for getting admission in the top polytechnic colleges. Cutoff depends on various factors such as the total number of students that appear for the exam, level of difficulty of the set question paper, etc.
Course Fees Structure
UP Polytechnic DET Counselling Process
Step 1 – Online Registration
Candidates can register themselves through online mode from the JEECUP official website. To register the candidates have to use the JEECUP 2020 login details and then pay the counselling registration fee.
Step 2 – Choice Filling
After the candidates have successfully registered for JEECUP counselling, they need to give the choices of preferences for courses and colleges. Candidates are advised to must check the availability of seats before filling the online choices. The choice of course and college can be submitted as much as they want to. (Government Leather Institute Agra)
Step 3 – Verification of Documents
- The purpose of the verification of documents is to cross-check the records regarding identification, age, qualifying examination, the state of eligibility, category, etc against the original documents submitted by the qualified candidate.
- If an aspirant fails to produce any of the authentic documents at the time of admission process, then he/ she won’t be considered for admission under any circumstances.
- The Reserved category candidates are required to submit the caste certificate issued by the competent authority on the day of the Seat Allocation Process.
Step 4 – Seat Allocation & Fee Deposition
After the seats have been allotted, if satisfied with the allotment, candidates have to submit an amount as the security fee. Once you have made the payment of security fee, you can check two (02) options of seat allotments:
- Freeze: In this process, the candidates who have been allotted seats can download the JEECUP allotment letter.
- Float: Under this option, one can upgrade & participate in other rounds as per the previously filled choices.
Step 5 – Report at the Allotted College
Those candidates who have completed the admission process are required to report at the allotted college / institution within the prescribed date and time to complete other admission formalities.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name Of Institute||Government Leather Institute, Agra|
|Infrastructure||Good with all facilities|
Top Recruiting Companies
Government Leather Institute, Agra (GLI Agra)
Address: Kanpur Road, Near Bakai Behari Misthan Bhandar, Industrial Estate, Kuberpur, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282006
Phone: 0562 – 2281104
Official Website: NA
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers