The Hansraj College Delhi was established in the year 1948 in the loving memory of the prominent Indian educator and nationalist Mahatma Hansraj. The College is considered as one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi.
Hansraj College Delhi believes in its regular curriculum and other co-curricular activities to ensure complete development of the body, mind and the soul of each of its students.
The College offers some of the quality programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. Hansraj also offers three certificate courses.
Hansraj College Delhi (University of Delhi)
Before we talk about Hansraj College (University of Delhi) complete college summary, let us have to look at the major information of Hansraj College.
|Name of Institute||Hansraj College Delhi|
|Popular Name||Hansraj College|
|Year of Establishment||1948|
|Affiliated with||Delhi University|
|Category||Colleges Affiliated to Delhi University|
Through this article, you can get complete information about the Hansraj College (University of Delhi) like Admission, Courses offered, Fees structure, Facilities, Cutoff, Placement details, Ranking, Faculty and Staff and others details.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement
- Affiliated with: University of Delhi (DU)
- Accredited by: NAAC
- Environment: No Ragging
- Seminar Room
- Common Room
- Yoga Room
- Medical Facilities
- Enabling Unit
- Computer Facility
Hansraj College offers some of the quality programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. HRC Delhi is famous for its undergraduate programs in Science.
|B.A. (Hons) Economics||119||55||18||9||32||5|
|B.A. (Hons) English||59||27||9||4||16||3|
|B.A. (Hons) Hindi||59||27||9||4||16||3|
|B.A. (Hons) History||59||27||9||4||16||3|
|B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit||43||20||6||3||12||2|
|B. Com (Hons)||229||105||34||17||62||11|
|B. Sc. Life Science||68||31||10||5||18||4|
|B. Sc. Physical Science with Chemistry||34||16||5||3||9||1|
|B. Sc. Physical Science with Computer Science||34||16||5||3||9||1|
|B. Sc (Hons) Botany||68||31||10||5||18||4|
|B. Sc (Hons) Chemistry||76||35||11||6||21||3|
|B. Sc (Hons) Mathematics||68||31||10||5||18||4|
|B. Sc (Hons) Physics||76||35||11||6||21||3|
|B. Sc (Hons) Zoology||68||31||10||5||18||4|
|B. Sc (Hons) Electronic||34||16||5||3||9||1|
|B. Sc (Hons) Computer Science||51||23||8||4||14||2|
|B. Sc (Hons) Anthropology||34||16||5||3||9||1|
|B. Sc (Hons) Geology||51||23||8||4||14||2|
|M. Com||2 years|
|M. Sc. Anthropology||2 years|
|M. Sc. Botany||2 years|
|M. Sc. Chemistry||2 years|
|M. Sc. Geology||2 years|
|M. Sc. Mathematics||2 years|
|M. Sc. Operational Research||2 years|
|M. Sc. Physics||2 years|
|M. Sc. Zoology||2 years|
|Radio Jockeying, Anchoring & TV Journalism||3 Months|
|Acting and Filmmaking||6 Months|
|Mass Communication, Journalism & Marketing||6 Months|
Faculty & Staff
The college offers admission with an intake of 1000+ numbers of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology.
It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students.
Admission to various courses offered by the college is made through the University of Delhi selection procedure. The University has announced admissions to various undergraduate courses (merit-based) for all colleges for the academic session 2019-20.
|Course Name||Online Registration|
|UG Programs (Merit and Entrance Based)||May 30, 2019 (8:00 PM)|
|PG Programs||June 3, 2019|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law||June 3, 2019|
|MPhil and PhD.||June 3, 2019|
UG Cutoff Dates
|First Cutoff List||June 28, 2019|
|Documents Verification||June 28 – July 1, 2019|
|Second Cutoff List||July 4, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 4 – July 6, 2019|
|Third Cutoff List||July 9, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 9 – July 11, 2019|
|Fourth Cutoff List||July 15, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 15 – July 17, 2019|
|Fifth Cutoff List||July 20, 2019|
|Documents Verification||July 20 – July 23, 2019|
For PG Admissions
|Registration window||June 3, 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||To be announced|
|Date of PG Exam||2nd week of July 2019|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of July 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of August 2019|
|Commencement of Interview||Last week of August 2019|
The students shall be required to submit the following self-attested documents along with the application form in original:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks Sheet
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC / ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer Certificate from school /college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Three passport size self-attested photographs.
- Top 10 Colleges of Delhi University | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top Delhi University South Campus Colleges | Edufever Ranking 2019
- Top 10 Colleges in North Campus | Edufever Ranking 2019.
- Minimum required eligibility to take admission in the undergraduate courses is at least 50% aggregate in Senior School Certification Examination.
- Students belonging to the reserved category will be given 5% concession in the minimum required marks (OBC/SC/ST candidates, widows, children of armed personnel and students with disabilities).
The fees structure of Hansraj College Delhi for different programs is mentioned below.
Undergraduate|Postgraduate Courses Fee
|Arts & Commerce||18,895/-|
|Computer Science (SFS)||44,065/-|
|M.A. all Courses||16,534/-|
|M. Sc. All Courses||16,554/-|
Add-on Courses Fee
|Radio Jockeying, Anchoring & TV Journalism||20,000/-|
|Acting and Filmmaking||30,000/-|
|Mass Communication, Journalism & Marketing||30,000/-|
The Hansraj College Delhi offers many scholarships schemes that are for 12th pass students and can be availed for any course. These scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College offers a scholarship for the following categories.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections are eligible for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- There is a Book Bank facility in the library from where needy students can borrow textbooks for the whole academic year.
- Some special scholarships are also provided by the Delhi University for students belonging to SC/ ST/ BPL/ PWD categories.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
- University Merit Scholarships.
- Scholarships for the wards of Ex-servicemen.
- Scholarships for the wards of Riot Affected.
Important Note: As per Director of Public Instructions, the amount of scholarship to students will be transferred directly to the Aadhar Card linked bank account of the beneficiaries.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The Placement Cell of Hansraj College is a full-fledged training & placement cell which periodically liaises and interacts with the corporate world in order to explore the possibility of training and job Placement of students. The college placement authority claims abundant placement opportunities for eligible students. Training and Placement Cell of the College provides the following facilities at the college premises.
- Conducting Mock personal interviews and group discussions to make students aware of the selection procedures
- Summer Industrial Training, Internship and final placement of students.
- Conducting Industrial Visits & Industry Oriented Training Programmes.
- Invite Professional Guest Speakers to impart necessary inputs for the above-mentioned activities.
Some of the Major Recruiters at HRC Delhi with the average placement is as followed.
|Company Name||Package Offered|
|Capital IQ||5 lakhs|
The Hansraj College Delhi Cutoff is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
Hansraj College Delhi Cutoff
Rankings and Reputation
The Hansraj College Delhi has turned out to be one of the Best Colleges under Delhi University. The Infrastructure is Excellent, Faculties are Highly trained, Corporate Training and Internships programs are very good so does the Labs and Library.
|Name Of Institute||Hansraj College Delhi|
We would like to give this college 4.3 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Colleges under Delhi University.
- The college has been Ranked 5 in INDIA’S BEST SCIENCE COLLEGES in a survey conducted by India Today Group-2016
- One of the very famous faculties of HRC Delhi, Dr Ishwar Singh was awarded Raman Fellowship, An Indo-US initiative for research in 2014.
- Hansraj College Ranked 6 in Best Arts Colleges in India in a survey conducted by India Today-2017.
- NIRF Ranking 2018 Top 100 Colleges in India: 21 (Cumulative Marks Score: 57.19)
Read Also: 75+ Career and Courses After Class 12th Arts
Read Also: 10 tips to choose the best career option
Hans Raj College (Delhi University)
- Hindu College
- Kirori Mal College
- Acharya Narendra Dev College
- Lady Shri Ram College
- Sri Aurobindo College Morning Delhi
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi
- Shivaji College Delhi
For further admission related queries, Comment on the Box below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!