The HDFC Bank India’s largest private sector bank. It is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 1,04,154 permanent employees as on 30 June 2019 and has a presence in Bahrain, Hong Kong and Dubai. HDFC bank provides the facility of Education loan. If you want Education Loan to pursue higher studies from Abroad or India, You are at the right place to collect every aspect of information related to Education Loan in India. Read this full post on HDFC Bank Education Loan for information Like Eligibility, How to apply, Interest Rates, Documents Needed, Different aspects of Education Loan, Interest Rates, Return Policy, General Instructions etc.
Admission Notification 2020
- UPES Dehradun Application Form 2020 Closing Soon Apply Now
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Read this full post on HDFC Bank Education Loan for information Like Eligibility, How to apply, Interest Rates, Documents Needed, Different aspects of Education Loan, Interest Rates, Return Policy, General Instructions etc. Throughout the article, we will share information regarding HDFC Bank Education Loan it’s Process to Apply and full detailed Information.
HDFC Bank Education Loan
The major aim of the bank is to ensure anywhere and any time banking for the customer with the latest state-of-the-art technology. The Bank is very serious about its Education Loan Facility and by developing an effective customer-centric relationship it promises to emerge as a world-class education Loan provider. Before we share further, let us first have a brief review of the Bank.
|Name of Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Headquarter||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Type of Bank||Private Bank|
|Number of Employees||1,04,154 (30 June 2019)|
|CEO Name||Aditya Puri|
|Maximum Loan Amount||Rs. 20 Lakhs|
|Timeline for Loan Disposal||Maximum 15 Working days|
|Annual Revenue||81,602 Crore (US$ 11 billion) 2017|
|Processing Fees||1% of the loan amount as applicable or Minimum Rs. 1000/- whichever is higher|
|Other Subsidiaries||HDFC Securities HDB Financial Services Limited Next Gen Publishing HDFC Bank Limited, Asset Management Arm HDFC Bank Ltd., Hong Kong Branch HDFC Bank Limited, Bahrain Branch|
|Category||Education Loan in India|
Types of HDFC Bank Student Loan
|1.||Education Loan for Indian Education||Education Loan aims to provide financial support to every child who wishes to study further. Our loan gives you the opportunity to fulfil your career goals with loans that are tailor-made to suit your every educational need.|
loans amount for up to Rs 10 lakhs.
|2.||Central Government Interest Subsidy Scheme||The Government of India has introduced the Central Government Interest Subsidy Scheme to ensure that every child as the right to higher education. At HDFC Bank, we are proud to help give every child a chance to fulfil their dreams.|
|3.||Education Loan for Foreign Education||Education Loan wants to empower every keen learner and provide them with the opportunity to pursue their dream course abroad, without any financial constraints. Our HDFC Bank Education Loan for Foreign Education provides customised loan solutions, with doorstep service and tax benefits. Education loans for foreign education greater than Rs 20 lakhs|
How to Apply
- Visit official Web Site of HDFC Bank (Click Here)
- Find the Educational Loan Section (Apply now button)
- Fill online Form
- Visit the nearest branch of HDFC Bank to get offline Education Loan form.
- You may also download the form from official web handle.
- Submit the Application Form to Nearest Branch along with document needed.
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- Applicant must have secured admission in a government recognized educational institution.
- Those who can offer collateral for certain cases.
- A co-applicant is required for all full-time programmes. The co-applicant can be a parent, spouse, sibling, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, or a paternal/maternal uncle/aunt.
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination for school and graduate studies in India
- Proof of admission: Offer Letter or Admission Letter from the Institution.
- Admission Letter with Fee break-up.
- SSLC, HSC Graduation Mark sheets
- Salaried last 2 payslips with the date of joining + 6 months bank statement.
- Proof of Qualification+6 months’ bank statements.
- Proof of Age and Signature
- Identity Proof
- Residence Proof
- Duly Filled-in Application Form
- Tuition and course fee
- Examination, library and laboratory fees
- Caution deposit
- Cost of books, Uniforms, Equipment and other instruments.
- Travel Expenses
- In case of HDFC Bank Education loan, repayment will start after the completion of course period and moratorium period. Repayment will commence 6 months after completion of Course.
- Repayment up to Maximum of 15 years
HDFC Bank Education Loan EMI Calculator
EMI Calculator is used for calculating the periodic payment amount due on a loan. For calculating EMI one must input data like Amount, Interest Rate, tenure, Processing Fee etc.
- If you want to calculate EMI for HDFC Bank Education Loan: Click Here
HDFC Bank Education Loan Security
- Up to Rs. 4 Lacs
• Co-obligation of parents
• No security
- Above Rs.7.50 Lacs
•Tangible collateral security of suitable value acceptable to the bank along with parents to be joint borrower(s).
- Approved collateral securities include residential property, HDFC Bank Fixed Deposit, LIC, NSC or KVP Policy
|Head office||1st Floor,C.S.No.6/242, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel,|
Mumbai – 400 013.
|Apply for Loan||Click Here|
|Contact Number||+91 (22) 5652-1000|
HDFC Bank Student Loans FAQs
We hope that the information furnished above will guide you to get the best education loan for your studies. In case of any doubt regarding the loan procedure and other related terms, read our FAQ’s session.
Ans. Your parents/guardian can be a co-borrower as well as the spouse in case of a married applicant. The co-borrower should have a steady source of income and a good credit history in order to improve the applicant’s chances of a successful loan application.
Ans. Generally, the time taken for the education loan to process is somewhat between 7-10 working days. Often, the whole process can be easily completed within 3 to 5 Working days, once the student fulfils all documentation.
Ans. Apart from the tuition fees, other aspects of expenses such as hostel charges, equipment purchases and other course-related expenses may also be covered by the education loan.
Ans. An education loan can be availed for all courses recognized by the UGC in case of India and all regular courses abroad. Each lender has its own list of educational institutions and courses that they would provide a loan for whether overseas or within India.
Ans. Yes, this is possible. You can borrow a loan for a bachelor’s degree followed by one for master’s without repaying the first loan. This loan can be taken as a top-up loan against the already existing loan; however, it is subject to the lending bank’s discretion and the internal rules and regulations of the lender.
Ans. Loan borrowers can avail tax benefits on interest paid on education loan under Sec 80E of the Income Tax Act. This benefit is available over and above the Rs. 150,000 deduction allowed under Section 80C. Tax benefits can be availed once the borrower starts paying the interest on the education loan. Further, the deduction is available until the borrower pays off the full interest amount on the loan or for a maximum period of 8 years, whichever is earlier.
Ans. Banks usually prefer that students avail a life insurance policy equivalent to, or more than, the loan amount. The policy acts as a security feature and forms a part of the collateral. In case of the untimely demise of the borrower, the bank recovers the outstanding loan amount from the student’s life insurance policy and the remaining amount, if any, is paid out to the beneficiary of the policy.
Ans. Banks generally provide a 0.5% concession on the applicable education loan interest rate to girl students pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
Ans. Yes, eligibility criteria and loan margins on education loan are relaxed for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe students availing education loans in India. The eligibility criteria are lowered from first/second class to pass class for SC/ST category students seeking education loan for graduate and postgraduate studies, while, margin money is sometimes lowered than the regular percentage or nil.
Ans. The loan is available from all branches in metro/urban areas as well as those having personal banking divisions.
Best of Luck..!!
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser. If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by email for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
UPES Dehradun 2020 Application Closing Soon Apply Now