How to Check If Your College is Approved OR Not?
Choosing the best College is one of the biggest challenges in India. As College plays a vital role in everyone Career, it’s become so important to choose a college wisely.The importance of a college is so deep that a bad decision can affect your overall career life. In this article, we will discuss the role of AICTE/UGC/NBA and other accreditation Society of India that Regulate the Engineering college and other Institution of Higher Studies to Finally Conclude if Your College is AICTE Approved or Not?
There are more than 10k+ Engineering and Other Professional Courses Colleges exist in our Country. Many of them are specially designed by the State and central Government to Promote Higher Studies in India. Apart from these Branded Colleges, ample of Private or Self-Aided Colleges emerged every year with a promises to give a secure future, placement & knowledge. These Colleges Invest lot on advertising to promote their Brand and finally attract students. Lack of Proper research makes students take admissions into these colleges without even thinking a bit. But you don’t have to worry now as this article will give you detailed information on AICTE and different Accreditation Society to check “if a college is AICTE approved or not?”
- 1 How to Check If Your College is AICTE Approved OR Not?
- 2 All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- 3 Read Also: List Of Fake Universities in India
- 4 Other Accreditation Society of India and their Role
How to Check If Your College is AICTE Approved OR Not?
It is always a wise decision to research everything about a particular college before enrolling yourself in a Course. An unregistered college’s Degree is of no use and can be very dangerous for your future. Let us now Check the role of AICTE and how AICTE is managing different Institution for Higher Studies.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
The All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) was constituted in 1945 as an advisory body in all matters relating to technical education. The apex body is now playing a very important role in the development of technical education in the country.
Objectives of AICTE
- Promotion of Quality in Technical Education.
- Planning and Coordinated Development of Technical Education System.
- Regulations and maintenance of Norms and Standards.
Major Functions of AICTE
As per the section 10 & 11 of AICTE Act (52 of 1987), some of the very few major power and functions of the AICTE are as followed.
- Undertake survey in the various fields of technical education, collect data on all related matters and make fa orecast of the needed growth and development in technical education;
- Allocate and disburse various Fund to different Technical institutions, and Universities imparting technical education in coordination with the Commission.
- Promote innovations, research and development in established and new technologies, generation, adoption and adaptation of new technologies to meet development requirements and for over-all improvement of educational processes.
- Fix norms and guidelines for charging tuition and other fees;
- Grant approval for starting new technical institutions and for the introduction of new courses or programmes in consultation with the agencies concerned;
- Take all necessary steps to prevent commercialization of technical education.
Read Also: List Of Fake Universities in India
How to Check if Your College is AICTE Approved or Not..?
How we check whether a School is CBSE affiliated or Not? Yes, you are right we go for CBSE affiliation Number for a particular School. The same way whenever AICTE approve a particular college, it also provides an approval number to the Institution. You can Demand that letter from a college to check if the College is AICTE approved or not. Apart from that, you can follow these steps to check if your College is AICTE registered or not?
- At first, you have to visit the official websites of the college in which you are going to take admission & check their approval letter on web sites. You can also demand the approval number if it is not mentioned anywhere.
- One can also visit the official website of the AICTE & search for the college in which you are going to take admission.
- University Grant Commission(UGC) also publish the list of fake institution every year. You can also check the name of the college.
Other Accreditation Society of India and their Role
The function of AICTE is to regulate and promote Technical Educations in India but if you are planning to take admission in a college other than Management or Engineering then you must check out these specific Accreditation societies of India.
|1.||Technical Studies||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)||To promote Technical Education in India|
|2.||Various Distance Learning Courses||Distance Education Council (DEC)||To promote Distance Learning Courses|
|3.||Agricultural Courses||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)||To Promote Agricultural education and research in India|
|4.||Legal Courses||Bar Council of India (BCI)||To regulates the legal practice and legal education in India|
|5.||Higher Studies Accreditation||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)||To assesses and accredits institutions of higher education in India|
|6.||Teaching Program||National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)||To formally oversee standards, procedures and processes in the Indian education system|
|7.||Rehabilitation Programs||Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)||To regulate and monitor services given to persons with disability|
|8.||MBBS Programs||Medical Council of India (MCI)||To establish uniform and high standards of medical education in India.|
|9.||Pharmacy Courses||Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)||To regulate the pharmacy education in the Country|
|10.||Nursing Courses||Indian Nursing Council (INC)||To Establish Uniforms Standards of Training for Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors.|
|11.||Dental Courses||Dental Council of India (DCI)||To regulate Dental education in India.|
|12.||Homeopathy Courses||Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH)||To control Homoeopathy education in India.|
|13.||Indian AyurvedaSiddhaUnani etc||Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)||To monitor higher education in Indian systems of medicine, including Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani.|
|14.||Veterinary Courses||Veterinary Council of India (VCI)||To regulates veterinary practice in India.|
We all want to get admission in our dream college for a bright Career & secure future but how many of we does the proper research before choosing a College. No matter how good you are or how much you score in your semesters if your college is Fake then you cannot get a job. So it’s my Personal advice to you that before investing your precious time & money gain as much as the knowledge you can get about a college. Always keep in mind that one person’s dream college could be another’s nightmare. It’s always better to visit and experience the college.
Best of Luck…!!