Indira Gandhi National Open University OPENMAT Exam (IGNOU OPENMAT Exam) is one of the major Universities Management Entrance Exam in India. It is the gateway for admission to various post graduate management programs offered by IGNOU. The exam is held twice a year and known as OPENMAT XLII and OPENMAT XLIII. Throughout the article, you will get detailed info on IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 notification, exam pattern, syllabus, Books, Cut-off and various info related to the exam.
- 1 IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Exam
- 1.1 Why Choose IGNOU OPENMAT Exam?
- 1.2 IGNOU 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- 1.4 Recommended Books for IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Exam
- 1.5 Application Form
- 1.6 Application Fees
- 1.7 IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card 2018
- 1.8 OPENMAT XLII Result 2018
- 1.9 OPENMAT MBA/PGDM Cutoff 2018
- 1.10 OPENMAT XLII Answer Key 2018
- 1.11 Counselling Process
- 1.12 Reservation
- 1.13 Exam Centers
- 1.14 Contact Information
IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Exam
Why Choose IGNOU OPENMAT Exam?
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of the Exam which will give the answer to the question Why to choose IGNOU MBA Entrance Exam.
- The Open University offers high-quality, innovative and need-based programs at different levels, to all those who require continuing his/her studies via distance mode.
- IGNOU Programs are Cost effective and are offered through open and distance learning in the country.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about IGNOU Admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of IGNOU OPENMAT Management Aptitude Test 2018.
IGNOU 2018 Eligibility Criteria
IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per Government of India rules, with 3 years’ managerial/supervisory/professional experience, or
- The candidate should have a Degree with 50% marks in /Medicine/Chartered Accountancy (ICAI)/Cost/Engineering
- Accountancy (Cost and Works Accountancy) (ICAI/ICWAI)/Company Secretaryship (ICSI)/Law
- No restriction on Age.
There is Given Criteria for foreign Candidates
For Foreign Students
- Foreign students residing in India, and having a valid student visa for the minimum duration of the program are eligible for admission to IGNOU programs. Such students are required to remit the fee at par with foreign students
- Admission of foreign students residing in India will be processed by the International Division of the University after ensuring their antecedents from the Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
There is given some important Pattern regarding Entrance exams.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 exam pattern is as follows:
- Candidates need to attempt 200 MCQs carrying one mark each
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer
- There is no negative marking
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours
- All the questions in the exam paper will be compulsory
- Every section consists of different number of questions
The number of questions per section is generally as follows:
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Person, Places, Awards||3|
|General Economic Study||1|
|History of India||3|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Pair of Words||5|
|Idioms and Phrases||5|
|Choose Analogous Pair||5|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|LCM and HCF||1|
|Decimals and Fractions||1|
|Profit and Loss||1|
|Time and Work||1|
|Problems on Train||1|
|Pipes and Cisterns||1|
|Mixture and Allegation||1|
|Area and Parameter||2|
|Clocks and Discount||2|
|Permutation and combinations||1|
|Volume and Surface Area||1|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Cubes and dice questions||5|
|Direction and distance||2|
|Mixed and Substitution coding||3|
|Number Analogy test||5|
|Complete word Analogy||4|
|Number series test||2|
|Letter series test||2|
Recommended Books for IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Exam
The Indira Gandhi Open University OPENMAT Exam 2018 (MBA/PGDM) Exam consists of four subjects. The question paper will be based on the syllabus prescribed. A good command over General English, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics will help you to crack OPENMAT 2018 exam. As per the previous year toppers of the Exam, the mul-mantra of success lies in your “Time management strategy” and these highly recommended books for IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 prescribed by expert and previous year toppers.
How to Apply?
To apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2018, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website to apply IGNOU.
- Click on the link “Apply for IGNOU Management Admission Test 2018”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go through the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI etc Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take ought most care, but if accidentally you made any mistake that differs from the actual data can make the correction after a prescribed time period. The IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Entrance Exam correction window will be open for few days in the last week of April 2018. This will be the last chance to make corrections in the application form so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
Payment for IGNOU MBA Entrance Exam Application Form can be done in online mode. The Board will not accept any application form without prescribed application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
- Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
- Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card 2018
The IGNOU MBA 2018 Hall Ticket will be issued two weeks before the exam and candidates can access the same from this article. The admit card of the MBA Entrance Exam is an important document providing details about the candidate, the timing of the examination, the address of the test centre, rules of the examination, etc. On the day of the test, the candidates must make sure to carry the hall ticket to the examination centre. If the candidates fail to carry the admit card to the exam hall, they won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall and write the test.
OPENMAT XLII Result 2018
The authority will declare the result of IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 on October 2018. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. The scorecard will not be sent via email or post individually to any of the candidates. The authority will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who will qualify in IGNOU Management Entrance Exam 2018. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the no. of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The candidates’ ranks who do not qualify in OPENMAT XLII -2018 will not be declared.
OPENMAT MBA/PGDM Cutoff 2018
The cutoff ranks will be announced after the counselling process is over. For every round of counselling, the authority will declare a cutoff. Candidates scoring less than the stated cutoff will not be allowed to attend the counselling rounds.
IGNOU MBA Exam 2018 Cutoff Info
- The Cutoff score for various participating institutes will be declared independently.
- Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
- Selected Candidate will have to go through Counselling process for admissions.
OPENMAT XLII Answer Key 2018
The authority will release the answer keys for the students to check their answers. It will be declared online and a link to check the same will be provided here on this page. If any candidate is aggrieved by his/her declared result of IGNOU MBA 2018, he/she may, within a week apply for inspection of his/her OMR answer sheet.
The tentative schedule of counselling together with all will be notified by the authority website, after a declaration of the results. Students have to follow the counselling process for the allotment of their preferred Institute.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of merit list.
- The list of documents required will also be informed through the detailed counselling schedule.
- Applicants should retain a print out of the application form as proof of identity of the candidate at the time of counselling/admission.
- On the basis of OPENMAT 2018 Cutoff and the rank obtained by the candidates, they shall be allotted seats into various management courses affiliated to IGNOU.
- Each candidate will have to choose from/out of those available when his/her turn will come.
Given Blow some information regarding Reservation
The University provides reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Non-creamy layer of OBC, War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Handicapped learners, as per the Government of India rules, for admission to its various programmes
IGNOU OPENNMAT 2018 will be conducted at various centres across India. Here is the list of all the Exam Centres for IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 exam.
Any query regarding Admission or exams you may contact given below contact information:
Address: Regional Centre,
Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti Rajghat,
New Delhi – 110 002 INDIA
Ph. No: +91-11-23392376/77
Tele Fax: +91-11-23392375
E-Mail: [email protected]