Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM Kozhikode) is one of the leading institutes was founded in the year 1996 under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. It is located in Kunnamangalamsuburbanan area of Kozhikode, Kerala. IIM Kozhikode is a fifth leading institute in IIM family offers various courses In Post Graduate level such as Post Graduate Programme in Management, Executive Post Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management etc.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode|
|Popular Name||IIM Kozhikode|
|Year of Establishment||1996|
|Courses offered||Various Academic & Executive Programmes|
|Official Website||IIM Kozhikode|
|Category||IIM College in India|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with– AUTONOMOUS
- Approved by – UGC
- Aid Status– Public
- Gym, Labs
- Music Room
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Sports Complex
- A/C Classrooms
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode provides these qualities courses under one roof.
|Post Graduate Programme (PGP)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Programme in Finance (PGP-Finance)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies & Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)||1 Year|
|Doctoral Programme in Management (DPM)||2 Years|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme – Interactive Learning Mode||1 Year|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme – Kochi Campus||2 Years|
|PhD in Management (Practice Track)||3-5 Years|
|Management Development Programme (MDP)||1-2 Years|
|Faculty Development Programme (FDP)||2 weeks|
- Admission Seeker can apply through their Common Aptitude Test (CAT) score and also apply through GRE/ GMAT/ GATE and JRF/NET (UGC/CSIR) Scores of any of these examinations.
- Admission Seeker must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- All the shortlisted candidates by IIM Kozhikode need to participate in WAT & PI round at the designated centre on the designated date. The final selection process at IIM Kozhikode consists of these components the weights for them are as under:
|CAT Index Score||45%|
|Class X Percentage Score||30%|
|Class XII Percentage Score||15%|
|Gender/Academic Diversity Score||10%|
- Names of candidates who do not pass in PI will not be included in the final merit list.
Following steps are included in the Admission process:
- Step 1: The candidate must have appeared and scored the minimum required sectional and overall percentile in CAT 2020 to be considered for the first stage screening process for admission at IIM Kozhikode.
- Step 2: Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2020 score, who have applied to the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme of IIM Kozhikode. The Shortlisted candidates must fill in & submit the WAT-PI form online by stipulated deadline else they will not be able to attend the final selection round.
- Step 3: After the WAT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIM Kozhikode to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in WAT & PI, academics, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
- Step 4: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the third week of April 2021 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
|PGP||The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disabilities (PWD) category, this is relaxation to 45%), of any of the universities.|
|DPM||A Master’s or Post Graduate Diploma (2 yrs) with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. Professional qualifications of CA, ICWA and CS with B.Com/Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent. B Tech/4 year Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent.|
|Executive PGM||A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline. (Minimum 15 years of study as per the education system in India i.e. 10 + 2 + 3 or 4 as the case may be.)|
Minimum Age of 25 years as on 31st March of the year in which the PGPX programme commences. There is no upper age limit.
A Valid score in GMAT
|Post Graduate Programme (PGP)||9,50,000/-|
|Post Graduate Programme in Finance (PGP-Finance)||10,25,000/-|
|Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies & Management||7,50,000/-|
|Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)||22,50,000/-|
|Doctoral Programme in Management (DPM)||9,50,000/-|
The IIM Kozhikode Cutoff is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses. The Cutoff will be based on various parameters like numbers of applying candidates, total numbers of seats and last year admission record.
The cutoff percentile/marks depends on various factors. Some of the factors determining CAT 2020 cutoff are mentioned below:
- Difficulty level of exam
- Number of test-takers
- Number of candidates qualifying for the next rounds
- Number of seats
- Institute repute or ranking
Cutoff 2020 (Category-wise)
|Category||CAT 2017 overall percentile||Sectional percentile||SSC/X class Percentile||HSC/XII class Percentile|
|ST and PWD||55||40||55||55|
Cutoff 2019 (Category-wise)
|Category||CAT Score Percentile||Sectional Percentile||SSC/X class Percentile||HSC/XII class Percentile|
Note: To know more about the Cutoff of IIM Kozhikode Click Here.
The Institute is famous for it’s out of box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year some of the reputed companies in the field of fashion technology visit the campus to select the students for their company.
- TATA STEEL
- CITI BANK
- TVS MOTORS
- GOLDMAN SACHS
- Average Package: 30-38 LPA
- Highest Package: 20-32 LPA
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||IIM Kozhikode|
- We would like to give out 4.5 of 5 stars on Edufever Best IIM Colleges in India.
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
IIMK Campus P. O.,
Kozhikode, Kerala, India,
PIN – 673 570
Enquiries/Reception Phone: +91-495-2809100 | Fax: +91-495-2803010-11
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. Yes, IIM Kozhikode is the best College. It provides excellent exposure and placement and everything you need in the campus itself. The best thing is that IIM offers you superb arrangements.
A. IIM Kozhikode is affiliated with AUTONOMOUS and approved by UGC.
A. IIM Kozhikode Fee Structure is affordable and the fees for all the programmes can be paid online.
A. IIM Kozhikode is a public university.
A. The candidates should have to apply online on their official website. Then they need to fill the application form. After completing the form the candidates should have to pay fees for the form.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.