Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research is one of the premier Oilseeds Research Institute in India.The Institute is popularly known as IIOR Hyderabad and is governed by Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR).The College was first established in the year 1967. This Institute is constituent of India Council of Agriculture Research. It is Located 17 km from Rajiv Gandhi Inter-National Airport Shamshabad.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research (IIOR Hyderabad) like Affiliations, Admission Process, Course, Achievement, Projects, Eligibility Criteria, Review, Ranking etc.
- 1 Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research
- 2 Admission Process
- 3 Fees Structure
- 4 Ranking & Reputation
- 5 Contact Details
Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research
|Popular Name||IIOR, IIOR Hyderabad, ICAR IIOR|
|Year of Establishment||1967|
- Affiliated to- Autonomous
- Approved by – ICAR
- Works under Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ IIOR
- Research Farm
- Trainees Hostel
- Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU)
- Soil Laboratory
- Agronomy & Agromet Lab
- Agrometeorological Observatory
- Agricultural Research Information System (ARIS)
- Seed production and Seed research centre
- Ample Space for Field farming
- Well-equipped Lab with the latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- Seminar Hall
- Guest House
- Facilitated in the development of the world first castor hybrid (GCH-3).
- Evaluation, characterization and maintenance of 3481 germplasm accessions.
- First castor core of 165 accessions has been developed.
- Registered 13 germplasm accessions having important agro-economic traits with PGRC, NBPGR, New Delhi.Identified deficiency symptoms for nitrogen phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulphur, iron and boron in sunflower.
- Developed simple, reliable and rapid artificial screening techniques for Alternaria leaf spot (Alternaria helianthi) disease.
- Registered one genetic male sterile line with PGRC, NBPGR, New Delhi.
- Identified accessions tolerant to Alternaria leaf spot (119), Fusarium wilt (457) and aphids (72).
- Developed and released DSH-129, a GMS based first safflower hybrid in India.
Research & Projects
- Sorghum MAGIC: Multiparent Advanced Generation Inter-Cross development for gene discovery and allele validation millet (2008-2010) funded by Generation Challenge Programme of CGIAR
- · Development of microsatellite markers for improving the breeding efficiency of pearl millet in Africa and Asia (2006-2008) funded by Syngenda Foundation, USA.
- State Agricultural Universities
- Central Agricultural Organizations: DOD, Hyderabad; DOE, New Delhi;
- Public and Private Seed Entrepreneurs
- International Institute: ICRISAT
Candidates, seeking admission to undergraduate programs, they have to appear in
- AIEEA UG: For aspirant want admission in ICAR Affiliated Colleges Undergraduate Programs.
- AIEEA PG: For aspirant want admission in ICAR Affiliated Colleges Postgraduate Programs.
Additionally, the authority also conducts AICE-SRF (PGS) for aspirants seeking admission into PhD programs.
- Admission Seeker has passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/university after a period of 12 years of study. Besides, for admission in the Universities specifically located in non-Hindi speaking areas, the candidate must have passed English as a core subject in 10+2 examination.
- Admission Seeker must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC(NCL) and UPS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST and PC categories.
- Admission Seeker having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage as in (ii)(a) above is available.Admission Seeker appearing in the qualifying examination enumerated above can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions in (i) & (ii), latest by the counselling date/admission, as otherwise the candidature will be automatically cancelled.
- While submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria in entirety.
Candidate must have passed UG/PG for PhD courses.
We are working hard on it to get the information about Fees Structure. We will Provide the information as soon as Possible. If Students have any Information about Fees Structure Please Leave the comment in our Comment Box.
***Note: The college conducts various certificates and Diploma courses in the field of Edufever Research in India. Those who want to pursue a career in OIlseeds Research may contact the officials. If you know the fees structure of the college then kindly let us know to improve our Database.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research|
- It is one of the premier Research Institute in India.
- We would like to give out 4.4of 5 stars on Edufever Research Institute in India.
***Note– Average Package reported by our Reader.
Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research
Hyderabad – 500 030
Ph: 040-24598444, 24016141
Email: [email protected]
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck!!!