The Indian Institute Of Technology Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM-2019) is an entrance examination for Post-graduate science programs at the Indian Institutes of Technology, Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) and other institutes. The first time this exam was conducted in the year 2004-2005. JAM provides admissions to various M.Sc., M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual-degree and other post-graduate programs through this single test.
IIT JAM 2019 will be conducted this year by prestigious IIT Kharagpur will be playing the role of organizing institute for the first time. Last year JAM Exam was conducted by IIT Bombay. Every year the exam is scheduled for the month of February.
- 1 IIT JAM 2019 Exam Important Dates
- 1.1 Exam pattern of IIT JAM 2019
- 1.2 Basic Guideline of IIT JAM 2019
- 1.3 Program Eligibility
- 1.4 ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR IIT JAM 2019
- 1.5 Books For IIT JAM 2019
- 1.6 IIT JAM Sample Paper
- 1.7 Fees for IIT JAM 2019
- 1.8 How to apply
- 1.9 IIT JAM SYLLABUS 2019
- 1.10 IIT JAM 2019 Test centres
- 1.11 Admission Guideline
Why choose IIT JAM
Before we go in deep, let us have a look over some of the salient features of IIT JAM which will try to give you the answer to the question Why to choose IIT JAM.
- Based on the performance in IIT JAM 2019 admissions shall be made in the following: M.Sc. (two-year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech.
- Admission for other PG programs at different IITs, and Integrated PhD Programs at IISc.
So if you have already decided to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about the IIT JAM 2019.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Important Dates
|Application form availability||1st September 2018|
|Application form filling last date||10th October 2018|
|Admit Card availability||4th January 2019|
|Mock test availability||10th January 2019|
|Exam date||10th February 2019|
|Candidates response||19th February 2019|
|Answer key release||25th February 2019|
|Result declaration||20th March 2019|
|Rank and Merit list||5th April 2019|
|Scorecard release||5th April to 31st July 2019|
|Admission form availability||11th April to 24th April 2019|
|The last date for receipt request for change of category||Till 7th May 2019|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||3rd June 2019|
Exam pattern of IIT JAM 2019
Let us first have a brief look at the subject matter and pattern of IIT JAM 2019.
|Section||Total No of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
Basic Guideline of IIT JAM 2019
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted in the computer-based model.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- No. of Papers: 7 Papers will be held for JAM.
- Negative Marking: Only in Section A.
- Medium: English Medium only.
- Sessions: Two sessions are organised for the exam i.e, 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM
Nationality & Age
- Both Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for the IIT JAM 2019.
- Candidates who are pursuing the qualifying examination have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination to the admitted institute by September 30, 2019.
There is no restriction in the upper age limit for JAM.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Candidates of General/OBC category must have scored at least 55% aggregate in bachelor’s, without rounding off.
- candidates of SC/ST category have scored at least 50% aggregate in bachelor’s, without rounding off.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR IIT JAM 2019
- Registration for JAM 2019 had started from 5th September 2019 till 10th October 2019.
- Besides that candidates have to upload scanned images of their photograph, signatures and SC/ST/PWD certificates(if applicable).
- Most importantly no hard copy of documents will be sent to the organising institution
Books For IIT JAM 2019
The IIT JAM 2019 Exam is an online Computer Based Test (CBT) to be held in various cities across all India, in which questions will be based on XI and XII syllabus with options to attempt papers in either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). According to some of the previous toppers of IIT JAM, 6 months of dedicated studies and these Highly Recommended books for IIT JAM Entrance Exam is what you need to score great in the IIT JAM Examination.
IIT JAM Sample Paper
Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get updated with the latest trend of IIT JAM. Previous year question paper will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus of JAM and Expected questions to be asked in IIT JAM 2019 Question paper. It will help you to score well in the Entrance Examination.
Check IIT JAM Sample paper for more detail.
Fees for IIT JAM 2019
Candidate applying for the IIT JAM 2019 examination must know the application fees to proceed further. Besides that here is the tabular representation of the Application fees for IIT JAM 2019 Examination.
|1.||Female (all categories)/SC/ST/PwD:||For one test paper- Rs. 750 |
For two test papers- Rs.1050
|2.||For all others||For one test paper- Rs. 1,000 |
For two test papers- Rs.2,100
Note: Candidates can appear in both papers.
How to apply
Most importantly one can apply to IIT JAM 2019 online only
To apply for IIT JAM 2019 one have to visit the official website http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in/ and apply online. Filling up the detailed application form with all the Information asked and paying the registration fee, a unique registration ID will be created which will confirm that your application accepted.
IIT JAM SYLLABUS 2019
The syllabus will be comprised of following subject ’s: Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH).
IIT JAM 2019 Test centres
IIT-JAM has its test centres all across India. It has 8 IIT test zones to conduct the examination. To know about the different test cities and their centre codes visit the official website.
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
|IISC Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Thrissur|
Therefore, if you feel any type of problem while filling up the form or queries related to IIT JAM 2019, please feel free to contact its admission guideline cell.