Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Architecture Departments is one of the pioneering department in India was founded in the year 1952 located in Kharagpur, West Bengal. The Architecture Departments Kharagpur stated in the undergraduate course in architecture, now the institute has all necessary facilities. The Institute organizes various programmes to improve soft skills, professional knowledge of Architecture and personality through career counselling by dedicated professional experts.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about the IIT Kharagpur Architecture like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
About IIT Kharagpur Architecture
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur:
|Name of Institute||Department of Architecture and Regional Planning IIT Kharagpur|
|Popular Name||IIT Kharagpur Architecture|
|Location||Kharagpur, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1952|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Intake||Bachelor Of Architecture- 40|
|Fees||Bachelor Of Architecture-211,000 (Annual)|
|Courses offered||B.Arch, M.Arch|
|Category||Architecture Colleges in India|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with- Autonomous
- Approved by – AICTE, UGC
- Aid Status-Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ IIT Kharagpur
- Sports Complex
|Bachelor Of Architecture||40||5 years|
IIT Kharagpur Architecture Admission Process
- Candidate can apply through their Joint Entrance Examination (JEE/ JOSAA) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) strictly on merit.
– Jee Mains.
– Jee Advance.
- Only Admission Seeker who have qualified the JEE Mains are allowed to sit for JEE Advanced. If a student wants to join B.Arch in IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee, he/she has to first clear JEE Mains Parer 1 (not Paper 2; Paper 2 is only for admission to B.Arch in NITs and SPAs). Also, Only those candidates who would have given B. Arch program (available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee) as one of their choices while filling their choices will be eligible to take the Architecture Aptitude Test.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Admission Seeker has to pass 10+2 or equivalent or 10+2 Diploma (any stream) or International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling.
|Bachelor Of Architecture||211,000|
IIT Kharagpur Architecture Cut off
Ranking by Edufever
|Name of Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
- It is one of the premier Architecture Institute in India.
- We would like to give 4.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Architecture Colleges in India.
IIT Kharagpur Placement
The Institute is famous for it’s out of box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year some of the reputed companies in the field of fashion technology visit the campus to select the students for their company.
- Blue Star
|Highest Package||Average Package|
|8 to 15 lacks||6 to 8 lacks|
***Note- Average Package reported by our Reader.
IIT Kharagpur Architecture in News
Now IIT Kharagpur Architecture Students Will Be Taught ‘Vastu Shastra’: “Times are changing and across the globe, there is a renewed interest in ancient Indian knowledge. So, it is natural that we will tweak our syllabus to include Vastu in architecture and infrastructure classes,” Joy Sen, a faculty member of the architecture department, told TOI. Read Complete Story Here: Browse Now
|Address||Indian Institute of Technology KharagpurKharagpur, India – 721302|
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!
READ ALSO: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee