Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Architecture Department is one of the pioneering departments in India. It was founded in the year 1952 located in Kharagpur, West Bengal. The Architecture Departments Kharagpur stated in the undergraduate course in architecture, and now the institute has all the necessary facilities. The Institute organizes various programmes to improve soft skills, professional knowledge of Architecture and personality through career counselling by dedicated professional experts.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about the IIT Kharagpur Architecture like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Download Hand Written Notes for NATA 2021 Examination Click Here
Here we have mentioned some useful resources for the NATA 2021 examination that will help you crack the examination.
|NATA 2021 Major Notification||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 College Predictor||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Rank Predictor||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Syllabus||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Books||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Admit Card||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Test Series||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Cut-Off||Click Here|
|NATA 2021 Counseling||Click Here|
IIT Kharagpur Architecture
Before we go to complete the college review, let us have a look at the major details of the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur:
|Name of Institute||Department of Architecture and Regional Planning IIT Kharagpur|
|Popular Name||IIT Kharagpur Architecture|
|Location||Kharagpur, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1952|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Intake||Bachelor Of Architecture- 40|
|Fees||Bachelor Of Architecture-211,000 (Annual)|
|Courses offered||B.Arch, M.Arch|
|Review this College||Click Here|
|Category||Architecture Colleges in India|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with- Autonomous
- Approved by – AICTE, UGC
- Aid Status-Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Technical Issues
- Sports Complex
|Bachelor Of Architecture||40||5 years|
- Candidates can apply through their Joint Entrance Examination (JEE/ JOSAA) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) strictly on merit.
– Jee Mains.
– Jee Advance.
- Only Admission Seekers who have qualified for the JEE Mains are allowed to sit for JEE Advanced. Suppose a student wants to join B. Arch in IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee must first clear JEE Mains Parer 1 (not Paper 2; Paper 2 is only for admission to B.Arch in NITs and SPAs). Also, Only those candidates who would have given B. Arch program (available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee) as one of their choices while filling their choices will be eligible to take the Architecture Aptitude Test.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Admission Seeker has to pass 10+2 or equivalent or 10+2 Diploma (any stream) or International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling.
|Bachelor Of Architecture||211,000|
NATA Sample Paper
Here we have provided NATA 2021 Sample Papers that will definitely help you to crack NATA 2021 examination.
Physics Sample Papers
Chemistry Sample Papers
Mathematics Sample Papers
It offers several scholarships to deserving students every year. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, leadership, community service, special talents, or other criteria. All the enrolling students are highly encouraged to probe all the applicable scholarship opportunities. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
NOTE:- Check the various Top scholarship scheme in India
|Central Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Top Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Delhi Scholarship in India||Click Here|
Apart from these scholarship schemes, one can also apply for various educational loans offered by banks in India. You may also check these popular educational loans.
|Banks of India||Links Here|
|State Bank of India||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank||Click Here|
|Punjab National Bank||Click Here|
|Axis Bank||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank||Click Here|
The Counselling will be scheduled only for those students who have qualified for the NATA 2021. COA does not hold any centralised counselling for candidates who qualify for NATA. During the counselling, a candidate is required to register and fill the choice of seats. Once the filing of choices is completed, the document verification process will start. Candidate must carry class 10th and 12th mark sheet along with NATA 2021 scorecard for verification. Here are some important facts about NATA 2021 counselling Card.
- The qualified candidate will get admission based on marks scored in NATA 2021.
- Council of Architecture is responsible only for the conduct of NATA, however, it will not be involved in the admission procedure.
- The counseling process of NATA 2021 varies from institute to institute.
- The qualified candidate will have to apply on their own for admission to each college that accepts the NATA score.
- For the counseling process, the qualified candidates will have an option to lock their choices and preferences of colleges.
- A candidate who will be allotted the seats per their locked will have to undertake the document verification process.
- Candidate should note that their admission will be valid only if they qualify for NATA 2021.
- The seat allotment of NATA 2021 depends on the availability of seats in the participating college.
- It is advisable for the candidate to collect their admission details in advance for the institution where they seek admission.
- The qualified candidates will also have to deposit their course fee while reporting to their respective college.
Documents are an important part of the admission process. It provides information or evidence of a candidate’s profile. Following are the list of documents required for the admission process.
- Admit Card/Result Card of Entrance Exam
- Marksheet of (10+2) or Equivalent Exam
- School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile/ Affidavit/ Resident Certificate
- Caste Certificate (OBC/SC/ST)
- Government Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/Passport)
- Medical Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
The Institute is famous for its out of box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year some of the reputed companies in fashion technology visit the campus to select the students for their company.
- Blue Star
|Highest Package||Average Package|
|8 to 15 lacks||6 to 8 lacks|
***Note- Average Package reported by our Reader.
Ranking and Repuataion
|Name of Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|Review this College||Click Here|
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur, India – 721302
FAX : +91-3222-255303
Ans. Department of Architecture IIT Kharagpur was established in the year 1952.
Ans. Department of Architecture IIT Kharagpur at Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302
Ans. The total intake of Architecture candidates in the Department of Architecture IIT Kharagpur is 40.
Ans. Department of Architecture IIT Kharagpur is a private College.