Indian Institute of Millets Research is one of premier Millets Research Institute in India.The Institute is popularly known as IIMR Hyderabad and is governed by Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR).The College was first established in the year 1958. This Institute was established funder project on exacerbating on Cotton, Oilseeds & Millets.Throughout this article, We are going to share all the essential details about the Indian Institute of Millets Research like Facilities, Courses, Admission Process, Achievements, Fee Structure, Eligibility criteria, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
Indian Institute of Millets Research
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR Hyderabad).
|Name of University||Indian Institute of Millets Research|
|Popular Name||IIMR Hyderabad, ICAR IIMR Hyderabad|
|Year of Establishment||1958|
- Affiliated to- Autonomous
- Approved by – ICAR
- Works under Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ IIMR Hyderabad
- Research Farm
- Trainees Hostel
- Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU)
- Soil Laboratory
- Agronomy & Agromet Lab
- Agrometeorological Observatory
- Agricultural Research Information System (ARIS)
- Seed production and Seed research centre
- Ample Space for Field farming
- Well-equipped Lab with the latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- Indian Institute of Millets Research received the first ever SIRIDHANYA‐ R&D Excellence National Award ‐ 2018 instituted by Government of Karnataka, which was presented during the International Trade Fair on Organics and Millets
- Dr Parashuram Patrol received Best Young Scientist Award during a National Seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences and Agricultural Research held on 11-12 January 2018 at ZARS (MPKV), Solapur on the eve of Golden Jubilee year celebration of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri.
- Dr N Kannababu awarded FELLOW of Indian Society of Seed Technology, in XIV National Seed Seminar held at IARI, New Delhi during 28-30 January 2017.
- Ms G Sangeeta bagged the best oral presentation award ( First prize) a the International conference on “Emerging Biotechnologies” at Warangal during 28-30 Jan 2016.
- Dr Parashuram Patroti, Scientist (Genetics and Plant Breeding) was conferred with “Young Scientist Award” during National Conference on Genetics and Cytogenetics held at UAS, Dharwad during 1-3 Feb 2016. He received this award from honourable Vice-chancellor of UAS, Dharwad Dr DP Biradar and Dr PM Salimath Vice-chancellor of UAS, Raichur.
- DSR, Hyderabad has been awarded “Centre of excellence” for seed production by ICAR during IX Annual Review Meeting of ICAR Seed Project on “Seed production in agricultural crops” held at PJTSAU and ANGRAU, Hyderabad from 22-23 September 2014. This award has been given to Dr Vilas A Tonapi and DSR team under the leadership of Dr J V Patil, Director, DSR.
Research & Projects
- AICRP- Small Millets
- AICRP- Pearl Millet
Candidates, seeking admission to undergraduate programs, they have to appear in
- AIEEA UG: For aspirant want admission in ICAR Affiliated Colleges Undergraduate Programs.
- AIEEA PG: For aspirant want admission in ICAR Affiliated Colleges Postgraduate Programs.
- Additionally, the authority also conducts AICE-SRF (PGS) for aspirants seeking admission into PhD programs.
- Admission Seeker has passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/university after a period of 12 years of study. Besides, for admission in the Universities specifically located in non-Hindi speaking areas, the candidate must have passed English as a core subject in 10+2 examination.
- Admission Seeker must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC(NCL) and UPS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST and PC categories.
- Admission Seeker having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage as in (ii)(a) above is available.Admission Seeker appearing in the qualifying examination enumerated above can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions in (i) & (ii), latest by the counselling date/admission, as otherwise the candidature will be automatically cancelled.
- While submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria in entirety.
Candidate must have passed UG/PG for PhD courses.
We are working hard on it to get the information about Fees Structure. We will Provide the information as soon as Possible. If Students have any Information about Fees Structure Please Leave the comment in our Comment Box.
***Note: The college conducts various certificates and Diploma courses in the field of Edufever Research in India. Those who want to pursue a career in Millets Research may contact the officials. If you know the fees structure of the college then kindly let us know to improve our Database.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Millets Research|
- It is one of the premier Research Institute in India.
- We would like to give out 4.5of 5 stars on Edufever Research Institute in India.
***Note– Average Package reported by our Reader.
Director: Dr Vilas A Tonapi Indian Institute of Millets Research
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030 Telangana. India
E-mail: [email protected]
Director : +91 – 040 – 2459 9301
General No. : +91 – 040 – 2459 9300
Fax : +91 – 040 – 2459 9304
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck!!!
READ ALSO: Central Arid Zone Research Institute Jodhpur