The Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur popularly knows as IRIMEE Jamalpur was established way back in 1888. It is regarded as one of the oldest technical school in the country and one amongst the six Centralized Training Institutes of Indian Railways. The institution works for the training and in-service support for Mechanical Engineers and Supervisor in Indian Railway.
Situated at Jamalpur, Bihar, the college offers the 4-year training program for Special Class Railway Apprentices, who are selected by Union Public Service Commission through SCRA Examination. After successful completion of training, Degree in Mechanical Engineering is awarded to the aspirants. All graduate are absorbed as Group A Officers in Mechanical Engineering Department of Indian Railways.
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement
- IRIMEE Jamalpur is one amongst the six Centralized Training Institutes of Indian Railways.
- The institute works under Indian Railway, Government of India and follows 4 years Mechanical Engineering Degree Course of Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi.
- Training in presentation skills, GD and PI and Allied Areas.
- Students Activity Centre (SAC) to promote Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
- Conduct Workshop and cross-country seminar.
Courses Offered by IRIMEE Jamalpur
At present, IRIMEE Jamalpur follows a 4-year Mechanical Engineering Degree Course of Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi. At the successful completion of their course, they are awarded the regular BE (Mech) Degree of BIT Mesra.
|1.||Mechanical Engineering||4 Years||NA|
Facilities Available at IRIMEE Jamalpur
- Well-Equipped Hostel with 24×7 Electricity Backup.
- Dedicated cafeteria, own transport, and medical care.
- Highly Equipped Library and Mechanical Workshop.
- Well-equipped Computer lab for Scholar with high-speed Internet connectivity and 24*7 Power supply.
- The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of the latest news & events.
- Well-equipped Lab with the latest aid on research and analysis wing.
- Students are entitled to two free return journey passes in a year which entitles them to travel in 2nd AC class on the trains of Indian Railways.
- In addition, they get four sets to return journey of Privilege Ticket Orders that entitles them to travel in classes up to 2nd AC by paying one-third of the basic fare.
- While travelling on Training, they get additional duty passes for all such travel which entitles them to journeys by the 2nd AC Class on Indian Railways in all trains including Rajdhani Express.
- When travelling in groups, SCAs travel in special training cars that are dedicated railway coaches with bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchenette.
IRIMEE Jamalpur Admission Process
Admission to 4 years B. Tech. course in IRIMEE Jamalpur is made through SCRA. All SCRAs at Jamalpur is selected through the Union Public Service Commission Examination conducted every year. Notification for this examination is issued in major newspapers, employment news and on the website of Union Public Service Commission around the month of October. Further details can be seen on the website of UPSC.
Eligibility Criteria for SCRA Exam:
To take admission in IRMIEE Jamalpur, one has to clear SCRA Exam. Aspirants need to check the eligibility criteria of SCRA Exam before start the online registration.
- Candidates should have passed their Intermediate/class 12th examination with Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry should be studied as one of their main subjects in the examination. Candidates must have secured first or second class as their respective result. Or,
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry should be studied as one of their main subjects in the examination.
- Candidates, those are interested in appearing in SCRA should be aged between 17 to 21 years. Age relaxation will be completely based on the rules of UPSC.
Fee Structure of IRIMEE Jamalpur:
|1.||Mechanical Engineering||Government Sponsorship|
IRIMEE Jamalpur bears all the expenditure of SCRAs. Apart from that, there is a monthly stipend provision also, which is more than sufficient to meet the SCRAs expenses.
Boarding and Lodging
All IRIMEE Jamalpur SCRAs are lodged in Special Grade Hostel, widely known as ‘Gymkhana’ during their training years. Institute manages all expenses and other activities of Gymkhana themselves.
The SCRAs in IRIMEE Jamalpur belongs to IRSME (Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers) cadre. After successful completion of the course, they become organized Group A civil servants under the Ministry of Railway, Government of India. Some SCRAs have also left Railways to work with some of the private as well as government sectors in India and abroad. Apart from the golden career opportunities with Indian Railway, Railways also provides a number of scholarships/sponsorships programs to the graduated for higher studies.
IRIMEE Jamalpur College Ranking by Edufever
IRIMEE Jamalpur renders Technology Support Service in the promising areas of Mechanical Engineering and Science. Best available equipment’s and faculties make the college excellent in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Faculties are well trained. Highly equipped labs and Library add flying colours to its destiny. Right from its time of inception, The college has consistently proved itself as one of the best mechanical engineering Institute in India. Edufever gives this college 5 out of 5 on its rating scale.
IRIMEE Jamalpur Contact Address
Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, IRIMEE Jamalpur
Victoria Rd, East Colony, Jamalpur
PIN – 811214, District – Munger, Bihar, India
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply