Recently I was reading about Top 10 Best Engineering Institution in India and with no surprise, I Found 8 out of 10 colleges were “Indian Institute of Technology“. As the Name reflects itself, it is a brand. Every year Lakhs of aspirants apply for JEE Mains and Advance to get selected into these prestigious Colleges of National Importance. A candidate wishes to take admission in various courses offered by these IITs are needs to clear JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Entrance Examination. Read the complete detail about JEE Advanced 2020 Engineering Entrance Examination in the following Article.
JEE Advanced 2020 examination is conducted to provide admission to eligible candidates in various Bachelor’s degree, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-master Dual Degree in Engineering, Science, Architecture or Pharmaceuticals in IITs and ISM. It is the 2nd stage of JEE Examination and one has to clear JEE Mains first to be eligible for that. Let us now check the various important things related to JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020 (Paper-II)
|Category-wise Marks for each section|
|No of Question||Full Marks||Partial Marks||0 Marks||Negative |
|1||One or more correct option (s)||6||+ 4If the correct option(s) is ( selected||+3 – If all the four options are correct but only three options are chosen+2 – If three or more options are correct but only two options are chosen, both of which are correct options. |
+1 – If two or more options are correct but only one option is chosen and it is a correct option.
|0If no option is selected||-2In all |
|2||Numerical Value Answer||8||+3If correct answer is selected||–||0In all other cases||24|
|3||Matching List Questions||4||+3If correct matching is chosen.||–||0If none of the bubble (s) is/are darkened||-1In all other cases||12|
|Total for each subject||60 marks|
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) For B. ARCH. Program
Candidate applying for the B. Arch program must keep in mind that the course is available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Those who want to opt B.arch will have to PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) conducted by JEE Board. Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to appear in AAT 2020.
Things to keep in Mind
Candidates must register online at the JEE Advanced 2020 online portal for AAT. The Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2020 will be conducted only at the seven zonal coordinating IITs.
- The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration.
- The question paper for AAT will be available only in the English language.
- No separate admit card will be issued for AAT. The original admit card of JEE Advanced 2020 should be produced in
- the AAT examination hall.
- Candidates should bring their own drawing and colouring aids.
- The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE Advanced 2020 will decide the cut‐off marks for passing AAT.
- Results of AAT will be declared on the JEE Advanced 2020 online portal.
- Candidates securing marks above the cut‐off will be declared PASS in the test.
- There is no separate ranking or cut‐off for students of any category.
- Allotment of the seat will be solely based on the category‐wise All India Rank in the JEE Advanced 2020
The IIT Delhi has announced the official notification for the JEE Advanced 2020 Examination. According to this notification, the exam will be held on the 3rd week of May 2020. The entrance exam will be held in a single day in two sessions – Morning and Afternoon session. Below we have mentioned the Complete schedule of Examination.
|Application form release||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date for filling the application||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Not Disclosed|
|Correction Window Open||Not Disclosed|
|Release of admit card||2rd Week of May 2020|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2020|
|AAT online registration||2nd week of June 2020|
|Exam date||2nd week of June 2020|
|Declaration result||3rd week of June 2020|
|Seat Allotment||3rd week of June 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2020|
|1st Round Counselling Start||First Week of July 2020|
How to Apply for JEE Advanced 2020?
A Candidate should register for appearing in JEE Advanced 2020. Here it is to keep in mind that the registration process is made only through the official portal (ONLINE) where detailed instructions will be provided. Let us have a close look at the Registration procedure for JEE Advanced 2020.
Registration Procedure for JEE Advanced 2020
The candidate needs to follow these three basic steps to apply for JEE Advanced 2020.
- At first, a candidate needs to visit the official website for JEE Advanced 2020 and have to log in.
- After login, one has to provide the basic data including the choice of the language of question paper, choices of the cities for the examination.
- The candidate will have the option of adding another cell phone number on top of the number/s provided during JEE (Main) registration. Please note that the JEE (Advanced) 2020 result will be sent to one of these numbers by SMS.
- After successfully registering the choices of cities and mobile number, a candidate has to upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
After uploading all the required documents, the third and final stage is to pay the required registration fee. You can pay the fee by any of the mode using Netbanking/Debit card/Credit card etc. Here students must keep in mind that the Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
- JEE Advanced 2020 Seat Allotment Letter
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- 12th Class/SSC/Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Passport size photographs
- For foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of the page in the passport containing the name, photo and nationality
Registration Fee For JEE Advanced 2020
After successfully uploading the required documents, a candidate needs to pay the requisite registration charge prescribed by the JEE Board. Below we have mentioned the JEE Advanced 2020 registration fee. The Latest registration fee for JEE advance 2020 will be updated Soon.
|Examination Centres in India||Female Candidates: INR 1300|
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates: INR 1300|
|All Other Candidates: INR 2600|
|Late Fee: INR 500|
|Examination Centres in India(Foreign National)||SAARC Candidates: USD 75 |
Non-SAARC Candidates: USD 150
|Late Fee: USD 80|
|Exam Centres Outside India||All Candidates: USD 270|
|Late Fee: USD 80|
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit card
Those Candidates who have successfully registered for JEE Advanced 2020 can download the admit card from the official portal of JEE Advanced. The Admit card for JEE Advanced 2020 examination will be released on the 2nd week of May 2020. JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card is the foremost document required to appear for the exam. Candidates are advised to visit the site and download the admit card as soon as possible to avoid last minute rush.
JEE Advance 2020 Result
We at Edufever Family wishes for the Best Results to all the aspirants of JEE Advanced 2020. Candidate must keep in mind that the Results for JEE Advanced 2020 will be declared on 2nd week of June 2020. A Successful candidate can also see the Category‐wise All India Ranks (AIR) on the online portal once the results are declared.
- Individual rank cards will NOT be sent to candidates.
- However, qualifying in JEE Advanced (2020), filling up choices and/or participating in the joint seat allocation process does not guarantee a candidate to get admission in IITs.
- Admission will depend on the availability of seats during various rounds of seat allocation.
Minimum percentage of marks prescribed for inclusion in the rank list
|Rank List||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|OBC‐NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common‐PwD rank list (CRL‐PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC‐NCL‐PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC‐PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST‐PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling
After the result announcement, qualified candidates have to apply for the counselling procedure. The JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling will be organized through online mode from the first week of July 2020 for the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master and Dual Degree programs. Based on the student’s preference, the seat will be allocated. After the seat is allocated, the applicant needs to deposit the fee.
JEE Advanced 2020 Seat Matrix
After a few days of counselling, the result of allotted courses and college will be sent by Mail or SMS to the candidate. The allotment will be done on the basis of the candidate’s rank, category and preference filled during counselling. The seat allotment process will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA). candidates are advised to report to their allotted college and confirm their seat by submitting the course fee within the given time, failing which their seat will be made vacant and allotted to the next candidate.
Aspirant before going JEE Advanced 2020 exam, candidates must check the most important links regarding all the information of JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
|JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern and Selection||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Sample Papers||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Books||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Previous year papers||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Cut-off||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Test Series||Click Here|
If you have any query drop a comment below. Our Top Expert will serve best possible solution regarding JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
Best of Luck…!!