JEE Main Counselling 2022: JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a collaboration between Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2022 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions in more than 100 institutes for the academic year 2022-23. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs and 29 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
The JOSAA has the authority of seat allotment for all qualified and eligible candidates. It provides a single platform to JEE Main and JEE Advanced participants applying for NITs/ IITs and other GFTIs. Let us explore various parameters associated with JOSAA and JEE Main Counselling 2022.
Hand Notes: Best Books for JEE Mains 2022 Preparation, Download Now!
JEE Main LMS: Prepare your JEE Main 2022 Exam with Top Faculty Classes, Notes etc
Recommended: Download free JEE Main previous years’ questions and sample papers!
1.) Quick Fact
2.) Counselling Schedule
3.) Seat Allotment Fee Description
4.) Eligibility Criteria
5.) Counselling Procedure
6.) Document Required
7.) Frequently Asked Questions
The JEE Mains 2022 entrance exam will be conducted online (Computer-Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 3 hours in the examination. The multiple-choice questions will be asked in the JEE Mains 2022 exam.
Subscribe Us to get Latest Updates from India's Top Universities.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Main)|
|Short Name||JEE Main|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Language||Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi Tamil, Telugu, Urdu|
JEE Main Counselling 2022 Schedule (Out)
Interested candidates must complete the JoSAA 2022 registration process within specified dates. Only registered aspirants will be eligible to enrol in the counselling of JEE Main 2022. JEE Main counselling 2022 through JoSAA includes steps such as registration, choice filling, locking of choices, seat allotment, and seat acceptance fee payment. JEE Main 2022 counselling will have a total of 7 rounds. JoSAA will also conduct two rounds of mock seat allotment of JEE Main before the actual rounds of JEE Main counselling 2022 to help students understand the process.
|Start of JEE Main counselling 2022 registration and choice filling||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-1||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-2||To be notified|
|End of JEE Main Counselling Registration and Choice Filling||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 1 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 2 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 3 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 4 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 5 seat allotment||To be notified|
|JEE Main Round 6 seat allotment||To be notified|
Read Also: To Know About JEE Mains 2022 Exam Schedule, Click Here
Few things about JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
- The entire counselling process is ONLINE.
- You need to proceed ONLINE from filling up forms to choosing and locking up your preferences.
- However, in the case of reporting, you need to present in person at the allocated institute for verification.
- Allotment of the seat is done purely based on merit. Higher the ranking. More significant are the chances to secure admission in the desired counselling round.
- To participate in counselling, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite.
- Once you reject the seat allotment, you shall not qualify to participate in the further rounds of counselling.
JEE Main Seat Allotment 2022 – Fee Description
|SC/ ST/ ST-PwD/ SC-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD/ GEN-PwD||Rs 20,000|
|Candidates belonging to other categories||Rs 45,000|
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts JEE Main counselling for admission into the participating institutes. The counselling process will be completed in an online mode. The authorities will work around seven rounds to provide admission into the B.E/B.NITs, IIITs and GFTIs offer tech courses. JEE Main 2022 seat allocation will be done based on the availability of seats, preferred choices, and merit. For a Detailed Procedure, Follow the Steps given below:-
- Step-1: Online Registration: To participate in the JEE Mains 2022 counselling procedure, aspirants will have to register to JoSAA online by entering their roll number and password.
- Step-2: Choice Filling & Locking: Fill and lock the choices according to the preference of colleges and B.Tech programmes. Based on the choices, a filled seat allotment will be done.
- Step-3: Seat Allotment: The seat allotment process Based on the availability of seats, merit, and preference entered, the candidate will be allotted seats. However, mock allotment will be done in two rounds before the actual seat allotment. It will help the aspirants know the seat allotment process and enable them to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the final rounds.
- Step-4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance: Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options :
- Freeze– If an aspirant is satisfied with the seat allotted and does not wish to participate in further rounds, they will choose this option.
- Float– If candidates need to keep the seat allotted and wish to upgrade their seat, they must follow this option.
- Slide– If an aspirant accepts the seat allotted and wish to upgrade the course in the same institute, they will have to stick to this option.
- Withdraw– If aspirants have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
- Step-5: Seat Allocation Fee Payment: To confirm the seat, candidates must pay the fees through SBI Net Banking or e-Challan.
- The seat acceptance fee (SAF) for all the aspirants except SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PWD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs 45,000.
- Aspirants who belong to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD categories will pay Rs. 20,000 as SAF.
- Step-6: Verification of Documents: The aspirants will have to go through the document verification process at the help centres.
- Step-7: Reporting at the Allotted college/Institute: After the document verification is done, aspirants will have to report to the allotted institute/College, pay the institute’s balance fees, and confirm their admission.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- One copy of The Confirmation Page
- Admit Card – JEE Main 2022
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Rank Card – JEE Main 2022
- Migration Certificate
Participating Institutes of JEE Main Counselling 2022
|Institutes||Number of Institutes|
|National Institute of Technology||31|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology||25|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes||28|
JoSAA Seat Matrix
|Institutes||Total number of Seats|
Read Also: To Know More about JEE Main 2022 Seat Matrix, Click Here
- A Spot round of seat allotment is possible when the seats are vacant from the usual rounds of counselling.
- For an already registered candidate, no fresh registration is required.
- If a candidate registers afresh, he must fill the choices, pay the fee, and lock allotment choices.
- Six rounds of seat allotments are expected under JoSAA counselling 2021.
Important highlights related to JEE Mains Counselling:
- There are 3 counselling processes in JEE Mains – JoSAA, CSAB NEUT and CSAB SFTI.
- JoSAA is the combined counselling for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI is a separate counselling procedure conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board for 17 SFTIs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is JEE Main counselling fee equal for all categories?
A. No, the counselling/seat acceptance fee is different for all the categories. The fee for General applicants is Rs. 45000. While, the fee for SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs. 20,000.
Q. When will JEE Main 2022 counselling Procedure start?
A. JEE Main 2022 counselling application forms are available by the JoSAA after JEE Advanced results. Applicants have to visit the official website of JoSAA 2021 for registration.
Q. What are the documents required for NIT Counselling?
A. Applicants have to bring the following documents for the Counselling Process:
1.) Provisional seat allotment letter
2.) Original JEE Main 2022 admit card
3.) One passport size photograph, same as uploaded during the application form, filled up
4.) JEE Main 2022 scorecard issued by NTA
5.) Proof of Photo ID by government
6.) Class XII board mark sheet
7.) Category and Medical certificate (if any)
Q. What is mock seat allotment?
A. Mock seat allotment is a process through which applicants know the seat allotment to be familiar with the process and choose their seat allotment rounds. JoSAA conducts two mock seat allotment rounds.