JEE Main Counselling 2020: JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a collaboration between Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions in more than 100 institutes for the academic year 2020-21.
The JOSAA has the authority of seat allotment for all the qualified and eligible candidates. It provides a single platform to the participants of JEE Main and JEE Advanced who are applying for NITs (National Institute of Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes). Let us explore various parameters associated with JOSAA and JEE Main Counselling 2020.
इस आलेख को हिंदी में में पढ़े: क्लिक करें
Aspirant before going JEE Main 2020 exam, candidates must check the most important links regarding all the information of JEE Main 2020 exam.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
JEE Main Counselling 2020
Few things about JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
Candidates are advised to read these important points on JEE Main counselling process 2020 carefully before going for Central counselling.
- The entire counselling process is ONLINE.
- Right from filling up forms to choosing and locking up your preferences, you need to proceed ONLINE.
- However, in the case of reporting, you need to present in person at the allocated institute for the purpose of verification.
- Allotment of the seat is done purely on the basis of merit. Higher the ranking. Greater the chances to secure admission in the desired counselling round.
- In order to participate in counselling, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite.
- Once you reject the seat allotment, you shall not qualify to participate in the further rounds of counselling.
The 1st round counselling process for JEE Main 2020 will be started from March 2020(January session) and 3rd Week of June 2020(April Session). only JEE Main entrance exam qualified candidates can participate and called for the counselling process. For IIT and ISM – Dhanbad, admission shall be granted to JEE-advanced qualifier with the following conditions:
- Minimum acceptable marks must have been secured in JEE Advanced 2020.
- An aggregate of 75% (70% for ST, SC or PwD) in qualifying exam or a position among top 20 percentile successful toppers is required to be obtained.
- The aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Language (in whichever candidate secured higher marks) shall be considered. And if any of these subjects has not been evaluated in the final year, then the marks of such subject shall be considered for the purpose of evaluation of aggregate marks to check the percentage and percentile.
- Failure in one or more subjects in the qualifying examination, the candidate has to appear and qualify in 2020.
- In case if only letter grades are awarded, then a letter is required to obtain from the board stating the aggregate marks. In the case of failure, Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2020 shall be authorised to make a decision.
- The marks for XII shall be considered as the qualifying examination.
***Above criteria are valid for all the candidates including foreign nationals.
JEE Main 2020 Counselling Procedure
- Step-1: Online Registration: To participate in JEE Main 2020 counselling procedure aspirants will have to register to JoSAA in online mode by entering roll number and password.
- Step-2: Choice Filling & Locking: Fill and lock the choices in order of the preference of colleges and B.Tech programmes. Based on the choices filled seat allotment will be done.
- Step-3: Seat Allotment: the seat allotment process Based on the availability of seats, merit and preference entered, candidates, will be allotted seats. However, before the actual seat allotment, mock allotment will be done in two rounds. It will help the aspirants to know the seat allotment process and also enable them to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the final rounds.
- Step-4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance: Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options :
- Freeze– If an aspirant is satisfied with the seat allotted to them and do not wish to participate in further rounds, they will have to choose this option.
- Float– In case, candidates need to keep the seat allotted and also wish to upgrade their seat, they must follow this option.
- Slide– If an aspirant accepts the seat allotted and wish to upgrade the course in the same institute, they will have to stick to this option.
- Withdraw– If any aspirants have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw the seat by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
- Step-5: Seat Allocation Fee Payment: To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay the fees through SBI Net Banking or e-Challan.
- The seat acceptance fee (SAF) for all the aspirants except SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PWD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs 45,000.
- Aspirants who belong to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD categories will have to pay Rs. 20,000 as SAF.
- Step-6: Verification of Documents: After that, the aspirants will have to go through the document verification process at the help centres.
- Step-7: Reporting at the Allotted college/Institute: After the document verification is done, aspirants will have to report at the allotted institute/College and pay the balance fees in the institute, and then confirm the admission.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- One copy of The Confirmation Page
- Admit Card – JEE Main 2020
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Rank Card – JEE Main 2020
- Migration Certificate
JEE Main Counseling 2020 Spot Seat Allotment
- When the seats are vacant from the usual rounds of counselling, Spot round of seat allotment is possible.
- For an already registered candidate, no fresh registration is required.
- If a candidate is registering afresh, he has to fill the choices, pay the fee and lock choices for the purpose of allotment.
- Six round of seat allotments is expected under JoSAA counselling 2020.
Important highlights related to JEE Main Counselling:
- There are 3 counselling processes in JEE Main – JoSAA, CSAB NEUT and CSAB SFTI.
- JoSAA is the combined counselling for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI is separate counselling procedure conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board for 17 SFTIs.
Top Participating institutions in JEE Main Counselling 2020
This year more than 12 Lakh aspirants had applied for JEE Main in which only top 2,20,000 (including all categories) will proceed to Jee Advanced 2020. Remaining candidates who scored great in JEE Main will have an option to opt for various NITs, IIITs and GFTIs set up by the Government to promote Technical Education in India. Here are some quick facts related to the number of Candidates applied for JEE Main 2020 and Top Institutes Participating in JEE Main 2020.
|Total institutes participating in Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)||92|
|Number of IITs and ISM in India||23|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) that take admission on basis of JEE Main||31|
|Number of IIITs, IITM & IITDM that take admission on basis of JEE Main||20|
|Other Government Funded Technical Institutes||18|
|Total seats in JoSAA||34,895|
The JoSAA authority will declare the final list of participating institutions around June in 2020 on its official website
Best Of Luck..!!