JEE Main 2020 Counselling: JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a collaboration between Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions in more than 100 institutes for the academic year 2020-21.
The JOSAA has the authority of seat allotment for all the qualified and eligible candidates. It provides a single platform to the participants of JEE Main and JEE Advanced who are applying for NITs (National Institute of Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes). Let us explore various parameters associated with JOSAA and JEE Main Counselling 2020.
इस आलेख को हिंदी में में पढ़े: क्लिक करें
👉 Download Hand Written Notes for JEE Main 2020 Examination Click Here
Here we have mentioned some useful resources of JEE Main 2020, that will help you.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Slot Booking||College Predictor||Rank Predictor|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
The JEE Main 2020 entrance exam will be conducted in Online mode (Computer- Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 3 hours in the examination. The multiple-choice questions asked will be asked in the examination of JEE Main 2020 exam.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Below we have provided all the official JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session (over) and April session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Will be updated soon)|
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Last date to submit an application||12th March 2020|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||12th March 2020|
|Application form re-open||19th – 24th May 2020 (Re-open)|
|Application correction window||25th – 31st May 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||–|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||18th – 23rd July 2020 (Announced)|
|Announcement of Result||–|
|Events||Dates 2020(Will be updated soon)|
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application correction window||14th – 20th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019 (Released)|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 9th January 2020|
|Release of answer key & responses||13th January 2020|
|Last date to submit an objection||15th January 2020|
|Final answer key release||17th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||17th January 2020|
Here we have provided JEE Main 2020 Sample Papers that will definitely help you to crack JEE Main 2020 examination.
Physics Sample Papers
|Physics Sample Paper||Download Here|
Chemistry Sample Papers
|Chemistry Sample Paper||Download Here|
Mathematics Sample Papers
Few things about JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
Candidates are advised to read these important points on JEE Main counselling process 2020 carefully before going for Central counselling.
- The entire counselling process is ONLINE.
- Right from filling up forms to choosing and locking up your preferences, you need to proceed ONLINE.
- However, in the case of reporting, you need to present in person at the allocated institute for the purpose of verification.
- Allotment of the seat is done purely on the basis of merit. Higher the ranking. Greater the chances to secure admission in the desired counselling round.
- In order to participate in counselling, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite.
- Once you reject the seat allotment, you shall not qualify to participate in the further rounds of counselling.
The 1st round counselling process for JEE Main 2020 will be started from March 2020(January session) and 3rd Week of June 2020(April Session). only JEE Main entrance exam qualified candidates can participate and called for the counselling process. For IIT and ISM – Dhanbad, admission shall be granted to JEE-advanced qualifier with the following conditions:
- Minimum acceptable marks must have been secured in JEE Advanced 2020.
- An aggregate of 75% (70% for ST, SC or PwD) in qualifying exam or a position among top 20 percentile successful toppers is required to be obtained.
- The aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Language (in whichever candidate secured higher marks) shall be considered. And if any of these subjects has not been evaluated in the final year, then the marks of such subject shall be considered for the purpose of evaluation of aggregate marks to check the percentage and percentile.
- Failure in one or more subjects in the qualifying examination, the candidate has to appear and qualify in 2020.
- In case if only letter grades are awarded, then a letter is required to obtain from the board stating the aggregate marks. In the case of failure, Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2020 shall be authorised to make a decision.
- The marks for XII shall be considered as the qualifying examination.
***Above criteria are valid for all the candidates including foreign nationals.
- Step-1: Online Registration: To participate in JEE Main 2020 counselling procedure aspirants will have to register to JoSAA in online mode by entering roll number and password.
- Step-2: Choice Filling & Locking: Fill and lock the choices in order of the preference of colleges and B.Tech programmes. Based on the choices filled seat allotment will be done.
- Step-3: Seat Allotment: the seat allotment process Based on the availability of seats, merit and preference entered, candidates, will be allotted seats. However, before the actual seat allotment, mock allotment will be done in two rounds. It will help the aspirants to know the seat allotment process and also enable them to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the final rounds.
- Step-4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance: Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options :
- Freeze– If an aspirant is satisfied with the seat allotted to them and do not wish to participate in further rounds, they will have to choose this option.
- Float– In case, candidates need to keep the seat allotted and also wish to upgrade their seat, they must follow this option.
- Slide– If an aspirant accepts the seat allotted and wish to upgrade the course in the same institute, they will have to stick to this option.
- Withdraw– If any aspirants have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw the seat by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
- Step-5: Seat Allocation Fee Payment: To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay the fees through SBI Net Banking or e-Challan.
- The seat acceptance fee (SAF) for all the aspirants except SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PWD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs 45,000.
- Aspirants who belong to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD categories will have to pay Rs. 20,000 as SAF.
- Step-6: Verification of Documents: After that, the aspirants will have to go through the document verification process at the help centres.
- Step-7: Reporting at the Allotted college/Institute: After the document verification is done, aspirants will have to report at the allotted institute/College and pay the balance fees in the institute, and then confirm the admission.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- One copy of The Confirmation Page
- Admit Card – JEE Main 2020
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Rank Card – JEE Main 2020
- Migration Certificate
Spot Seat Allotment
- When the seats are vacant from the usual rounds of counselling, Spot round of seat allotment is possible.
- For an already registered candidate, no fresh registration is required.
- If a candidate is registering afresh, he has to fill the choices, pay the fee and lock choices for the purpose of allotment.
- Six round of seat allotments is expected under JoSAA counselling 2020.
Important highlights related to JEE Main Counselling:
- There are 3 counselling processes in JEE Main – JoSAA, CSAB NEUT and CSAB SFTI.
- JoSAA is the combined counselling for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI is separate counselling procedure conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board for 17 SFTIs.
Top Participating institutions
This year more than 11 Lakh aspirants had applied for JEE Main in which only top 2,20,000 (including all categories) will proceed to Jee Advanced 2020. Remaining candidates who scored great in JEE Main will have an option to opt for various NITs, IIITs and GFTIs set up by the Government to promote Technical Education in India. Here are some quick facts related to the number of Candidates applied for JEE Main 2020 and Top Institutes Participating in JEE Main 2020.
|Total institutes participating in Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)||92|
|Number of IITs and ISM in India||23|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) that take admission on basis of JEE Main||31|
|Number of IIITs, IITM & IITDM that take admission on basis of JEE Main||20|
|Other Government Funded Technical Institutes||18|
|Total seats in JoSAA||34,895|
The JoSAA authority will declare the final list of participating institutions around June in 2020 on its official website
Frequently Asked Questions:
A. 2 Time in a Year(January & April)
A. No Attempt Limit
A. No age limit
A. For April- 07 April 2020(Started)
A. Boys: Rs. 650, Girls: Rs. 325/-
A. Exam Pattern: Click Here
A. Approx 75 to 103 /360
A. Min. 270+ Marks(Approx)
A. Online but drawing paper held in offline mode
A. January Session-31 January 2020
April Session:-Paper-1: By 30th April 2020
Paper-2: By 15th May 2020
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down☹️…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21 Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers