JEE Main Counselling 2021: JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a collaboration between Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2021 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions in more than 100 institutes for the academic year 2021-22.
The JOSAA has the authority of seat allotment for all qualified and eligible candidates. It provides a single platform to JEE Main and JEE Advanced participants applying for NITs/ IITs and other GFTIs. Let us explore various parameters associated with JOSAA and JEE Main Counselling 2021.
Download Hand Written Notes for JEE Main 2021 Examination Click Here
1 Quick Fact
2 Counselling Schedule
3 Seat Allotment Fee Description
4 Eligibility Criteria
5 Counselling Procedure
6 Document Required
7 Top Participating Institute
8 Frequently Asked Questions
The JEE Mains 2021 entrance exam will be conducted in Online mode (Computer-Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 3 hours in the examination. The multiple-choice questions asked will be asked in the examination of JEE Mains 2021 exam.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Main)|
|Short Name||JEE Main|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Language||Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi Tamil, Telugu, Urdu|
Want to Study in Top Engineering Colleges in India (Call Now)
JEE Main Counselling 2021 Schedule
|Start of JEE Main counselling 2021 registration and choice filling||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-1||To be notified|
|Mock Seat Allocation-2||To be notified|
|End of Registration and Choice Filling||To be notified|
|Round 1 seat allotment||To be notified|
|Round 2 seat allotment||To be notified|
|Round 3 seat allotment||To be notified|
|Round 4 seat allotment||To be notified|
|Round 5 seat allotment||To be notified|
|Round 6 seat allotment||To be notified|
|Round 7 seat allotment||To be notified|
Few things about JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
- The entire counselling process is ONLINE.
- Right from filling up forms to choosing and locking up your preferences, you need to proceed ONLINE.
- However, in the case of reporting, you need to present in person at the allocated institute for the purpose of verification.
- Allotment of the seat is done purely on the basis of merit. Higher the ranking. Greater the chances to secure admission in the desired counselling round.
- In order to participate in counselling, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite.
- Once you reject the seat allotment, you shall not qualify to participate in the further rounds of counselling.
JEE Main Seat Allotment 2021 – Fee Description
|SC/ ST/ ST-PwD/ SC-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD/ GEN-PwD||Rs 20,000|
|Candidates belonging to other categories||Rs 45,000|
JEE Mains entrance exam qualified candidates can participate and called for the counselling process. For IIT and ISM – Dhanbad, admission shall be granted to JEE-advanced qualifier with the following conditions:
- Minimum acceptable marks must have been secured in JEE Advanced 2021.
- An aggregate of 75% (70% for ST, SC or PwD) in qualifying exam or a position among the top 20 percentile successful toppers must be obtained.
- The aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Language (in whichever candidate secured higher marks) shall be considered. And if any of these subjects has not been evaluated in the final year, then the marks of such subject shall be considered to evaluate aggregate marks to check the percentage and percentile.
- Failure in one or more subjects in the qualifying examination requires the candidate to appear and qualify in 2021.
- If only letter grades are awarded, then a letter is required to obtain from the board stating the aggregate marks. In the case of failure, the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2021 shall be authorised to decide.
- The marks for XII shall be considered as the qualifying examination.
- Step-1: Online Registration: To participate in JEE Mains 2021 counselling procedure, aspirants will have to register to JoSAA in online mode by entering roll number and password.
- Step-2: Choice Filling & Locking: Fill and lock the choices in order of the preference of colleges and B.Tech programmes. Based on the choices, a filled seat allotment will be done.
- Step-3: Seat Allotment: the seat allotment process Based on the availability of seats, merit, and preference entered, the candidate will be allotted seats. However, before the actual seat allotment, mock allotment will be done in two rounds. It will help the aspirants to know the seat allotment process and also enable them to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the final rounds.
- Step-4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance: Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options :
- Freeze– If an aspirant is satisfied with the seat allotted to them and does not wish to participate in further rounds, they will choose this option.
- Float– If candidates need to keep the seat allotted and wish to upgrade their seat, they must follow this option.
- Slide– If an aspirant accepts the seat allotted and wish to upgrade the course in the same institute, they will have to stick to this option.
- Withdraw– If any aspirants have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw the seat by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
- Step-5: Seat Allocation Fee Payment: To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay the fees through SBI Net Banking or e-Challan.
- The seat acceptance fee (SAF) for all the aspirants except SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PWD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs 45,000.
- Aspirants who belong to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD categories will have to pay Rs. 20,000 as SAF.
- Step-6: Verification of Documents: After that, the aspirants will have to go through the document verification process at the help centres.
- Step-7: Reporting at the Allotted college/Institute: After the document verification is done, aspirants will have to report at the allotted institute/College, pay the institute’s balance fees, and then confirm the admission.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- One copy of The Confirmation Page
- Admit Card – JEE Main 2021
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Rank Card – JEE Main 2021
- Migration Certificate
- When the seats are vacant from the usual rounds of counselling, a Spot round of seat allotment is possible.
- For an already registered candidate, no fresh registration is required.
- If a candidate registers afresh, he has to fill the choices, pay the fee, and lock allotment choices.
- Six round of seat allotments are expected under JoSAA counselling 2021.
Important highlights related to JEE Mains Counselling:
- There are 3 counselling processes in JEE Mains – JoSAA, CSAB NEUT and CSAB SFTI.
- JoSAA is the combined counselling for JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- CSAB NEUT is conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI is a separate counselling procedure conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board for 17 SFTIs.
Top Participating institutions
This year more than 11 Lakh aspirants had applied for JEE Main, in which only the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) will proceed to Jee Advanced 2021. The remaining candidates who scored great in JEE Main will have an option to opt for various NITs, IIITs and GFTIs set up by the Government to promote Technical Education in India. Here are some quick facts related to the number of Candidates applied for JEE Main 2021 and Top Institutes Participating in JEE Main 2021.
|Total institutes participating in Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)||92|
|Number of IITs and ISM in India||23|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) that take admission based on JEE Main||31|
|Number of IIITs, IITM & IITDM that take admission based on JEE Main||20|
|Other Government Funded Technical Institutes||18|
|Total seats in JoSAA||34,895|
Want to Study in Top Engineering Colleges in India (Call Now)
|Head Office||Block C-20 1A/8 ,Sector- 62|
IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
|Contact Number||0120 6895200|
|Guideline Pdf||Click Here|
JEE Main 2021 Useful Resources
Here in this section, we have provided some important links related to JEE Main Exam.
|JEE Mains 2021 Major Notification||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Syllabus||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Books||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Sample Paper||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Admit Card||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Counseling||Click Here|
|JEE Mains 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. No, the counselling/seat acceptance fee is different for all the categories. The fee for General applicants is Rs. 45000. While, the fee for SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD is Rs. 20,000.
A. JEE Main 2021 counselling application forms will be made available by the JoSAA after JEE Advanced results. Applicants have to visit the official website of JoSAA 2021 for registration.
A. Applicants have to bring the following documents for the counselling process:
Provisional seat allotment letter
Original JEE Main 2021 admit card
One passport size photograph same as uploaded during the application form fill up
JEE Main 2021 scorecard issued by NTA
Proof of Photo ID by government
Class XII board mark sheet
Category and Medical certificate (if any)
A. Mock seat allotment is a process through which applicants know the seat allotment to be familiar with the process and choose their seat allotment rounds. JoSAA conducts two mock seat allotment rounds.