CSAB NEUT Counselling: CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) Supernumerary Round is conducted for the applicants applying or belong from union territories of Daman and Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep. Only the applicants who have a valid JEE Main Scorecard and have not been allowed a seat in any of the previous rounds those types of candidates can apply for these rounds of counsellings.
CSAB NEUT – Details
- Government of India reserves some seats in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy courses in AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) approved institutes across India.
- The seats are reserved for UTs because these do not have engineering colleges/polytechnics or have lack of facilities for education in the specific field of technical education and for certain categories including foreign students.
- To have the maximum possible participation of eligible students, MHRD has taken a decision of conducting seat allotment on such seats through a Centralized Seat Allotment Board for North Eastern States and Union Territories (CSAB NEUT).
While preparing for JEE Main you will definatly need these links to crack the examination. Go through these mention links to know more.
Previous Year Paper
CSAB Supernumerary Round Dates
Given below is the expected schedule for CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling:
|Release of Seat Matrix||August 7, 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling begins on||August 8, 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling ends on||August 9, 2020|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment||August 10, 2020|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute||August 11 – 14, 2020|
The candidates who wish to register for CSAB NEUT Counselling the academic qualification and eligibility for JEE Main are also mandatory. The minimum qualification that a candidate should achieve are:-
- Students are enthusiastic to pursue B.E/B. Tech course should have passed class 12th with Maths and Physics as main subjects with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical as an optional Subject and should have scored at least 75% marks in class 12. (In case of SC/ST Category it will be 65%).
- For B. Arch, students should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects in class 12 and scored 75% aggregate marks. Also, the candidates appearing for B.Arch can be asked about their NATA score so they should inquire the institution whether they demand any such additional qualification or not.
- For B. Planning, Mathematics is a compulsory subject in class 12 and a score of minimum 75% marks in class 12
Equivalent Qualification Recognised By CSAB
Candidates applying for CSAB NEUT Counselling must have completed 10+2 or equivalent qualification recognized as per CSAB. The qualifications considered equivalent to 10+2 by CSAB is mentioned below.
- Candidates should have passed an intermediate or 2-year pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of a 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior secondary examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with at least 5 subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU).
Participating Colleges and No. Of Seats Click Here
The whole application process will be completed in 2 rounds and a Spot Counselling Round. Before any process, the applicant has to follow the specified pre-allotment steps-
- Register on the official website of CSAB. Click Here
- Click on the link for CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling.
- Enter details such as Gender, State of domicile Category, PwD status, Special Benefit Claim for Nagaland, the Aggregate percentage in class 12 or equivalent marks.
- Arrange the order and preference of your choices for courses and institutes. If you fail to submit your choices then the last filled choices will be considered to be final after the last date.
- A registered candidate who fails to provide choices in the first round will not be considered for the second round of counselling.
- Submit the Choices. In case, candidates are found guilty of any misconduct, he/she will be rejected from the CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling.
The seat allotment through CSAB Counselling is done in several stages. Candidates should refer to the details mentioned below to understand the entire CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling procedure.
Stage-1 Online Registration
Before online registration candidate make sure that he/she must fulfill the eligibility on the basis of All India Ranks then register on the official website csab.nic.in. For Pharmacy courses, you have to register on a separate link displayed on the official website.
For online registration-
- New Candidate Registration- Visit the official website, click on Register online, Enter your JEE Main Application number and Password created while applying for JEE Main 2020 exam and sign in.
- Already Registered- Enter your JEE Main Application number and password and log in.
Stage-2 Verification of Domicile and Category Certificates
Verification of all the essential documents such as Score Card, Admit Card, Domicile Documents and Photo ID for verification purposes.
Stage-3 Choice filling, Saving and Locking
In this stage, the candidates required to submit their choice of branches and institutions in decreasing order of preference.
- As per your eligibility, the number of seats available and disciplines offered a list will be displayed.
- Enter as many as the number of choices you can enter under your preference.
- You can reorder your choices, edit earlier filled preferences or add new options as many times as you like before locking in your final decisions.
Note: It is important to note that if you fail to submit your choices in the scheduled time, your previously filled preferences will be considered final. Engineering & Architecture students and Pharmacy course students have to fill their options by clicking on the appropriate link separately.
JEE Main Toppers: know their Ranks Click Here
For B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Plan students-
- The connected choice filling will be done for all of the courses, and only one seat will be provided as per the preference list of the student based on his choice and merit list.
- A student may get a seat of higher priority in the second round of seat allocation if there are seats left. They are also required to deposit the security fee at once.
- It will increase their chances of getting a seat of higher preference. Performance in Paper-1, Paper-2, and Paper 3 in JEE Main 2020 will be taken into account.
- Seat Allotment will be strictly on the basis of merit list published by JEE Main and preference filled by the candidates.
For Pharmacy Students-
For pharmacy students, the registration and choice filling will be a mixed process, visit the official website and follow steps:
- Uploading Documents
- Choice Filling
Stage-4 Seat Allotment
- This step includes, the choices filled by the candidate during stage 2 will be processed centrally, and seat will be allotted in the order of merit as per JEE Main AIR(All India Rank) and on the basis of candidate’s preferred choices.
- The result is published on the CSAB official website.
- Students who will be allotted seats will have to go to their Home State CSAB NEUT Reporting centres with a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘NIT Tiruchirapalli CSAB 20 personally.
According to policy, online seat allotment is done in 2 rounds:-
- In First round, the seat is allotted to a candidate, and the result will be displayed on the website which will include the name of the institute and branch.
- In Second Round, seats will be allocated against the available seats at the end of the first list. No fresh choice filling will be allowed in the second round, so it is advised to fill/modify the choices in the first round itself.
Note:- For SC/ST/Reserved Category, First candidates are considered as a general category if they don’t get seats then they will be considered for seats under the reserved category.
Stage-5 Reporting at the designated centre in person with documents and demand draft of security deposits
Candidates who will be allotted seats will have to submit an amount of INR 3000 in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of CSAB NEUT conducting authority. This amount will be considered as refundable security and will be returned to students who will not join the designated college. Entire fee of the college has to be submitted directly to the institution.
Stage-6 Reporting at the institutions personally for final admission
After the declaration of the list of seats allotted in the first round, candidates who are satisfied with their designated institution and do not wish to attend the 2nd round of seat allotment should go to their allotted college as per the admission schedule of the allotted college.
Candidates wish to attend 2nd round of seat allotment must wait for the release of 2nd list of seat allotment, after that they also have to go to the allotted institution in person as per their admission schedule. Candidates who will go for the second round of seat allotment, their first seat allotment letter will get rejected eventually.
CSAB NEUT 2020 Reservation
Allocation of seats will be coordinated by CSAB NEUT 2020 on behalf of Ministry of Human Resource Development. Reservation of seats is decided as per the policy of the respective state/UT, at the MHRD specified Institutes. Candidates can check the state-wise category for CSAB NEUT Counselling to check their eligibility as well as the category code they should apply under.
StatesUnder CSAB-NEUT 2020 Reservation Scheme
Some Seats in IITs/ISM/NITs/IIITs/GFTIs are reserved in the participating colleges of JEE Mains 2020 and JEE Advanced 2020 for the candidates belonging to North-East Region and Union Territories. A separate counselling wing namely, CSAB NEUT Counselling is responsible for counselling of such candidates.
Candidates belonging to the following States and Union Territories are eligible for Reservation under JEE CSAB NEUT 2020 Counselling. List of States considered for Reservation under CSAT NEUT is mentioned below:
|List of States Under CSAB-NEUT|
|Meghalaya||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Mizoram||Daman and Diu|
|Manipur||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
It is important to note that these seats are offered separately from the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
|Institute Code||Program Code||Academic Program Name||OPEN||OPEN-PwD||SC||SC-PwD||ST||ST-PwD||OBC-NCL||OBC-NCL-PwD||Total|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (for Daman & Diu)|
|229||4107||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Chemical Engineering||4||1||1||0||1||0||1||0||8|
|229||4109||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Civil Engineering||4||0||0||0||1||0||2||0||7|
|229||4110||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Computer Science and Engineering||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|229||4111||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electrical Engineering||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||1|
|229||4114||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electronics and Communication Engineering||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||2|
|229||4125||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Mechanical Engineering||1||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||2|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat ( for Dadra & Nagar Haveli)|
|229||4107||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Chemical Engineering||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||1|
|229||4109||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Civil Engineering||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||1|
|229||4110||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Computer Science and Engineering||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|229||4111||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electrical Engineering||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|229||4114||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electronics and Communication Engineering||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|229||4125||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Mechanical Engineering||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (for Andaman & Nicobar Islands)|
|208||4104||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Bio Technology||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4|
|208||4109||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Civil Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4|
|208||4107||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Chemical Engineering||3||0||0||0||0||0||2||0||5|
|208||4110||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Computer Science and Engineering||2||1||0||0||1||0||2||0||6|
|208||4114||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electronics and Communication Engineering||0||0||1||0||1||0||1||0||3|
|208||4111||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electrical Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4|
|208||4125||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Mechanical Engineering||0||0||1||0||1||0||1||0||3|
|208||4127||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||2||0||5|
|National Institute of Technology Calicut (for Lakshadweep and Kandvi)|
|206||5101||(5 Years, Bachelor of Architecture) Architecture||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||2|
|206||4104||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Bio Technology||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||2|
|206||4107||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Chemical Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||3|
|206||4109||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Civil Engineering||2||0||0||0||1||0||1||0||4|
|206||4110||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Computer Science and Engineering||2||0||1||0||1||0||1||0||5|
|206||4114||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electronics and Communication Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4|
|206||4144||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Electrical and Electronics Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4|
|206||4117||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Engineering Physics||1||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||2|
|206||4125||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Mechanical Engineering||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4|
|206||4145||(4 Years, Bachelor of Technology) Production Engineering||2||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||3|
Other Engineering Entrance Exam
|Karnataka CET||JEE ADVANCED||SUAT Sharda||Symbiosis SET|
|IPU CET||CUSAT CAT||JEE MAIN||LPU NEST|
|MU OET||KEAM||MH CET||COMEDK|
Frequently Asked Questions
A. 2 Time in a Year(January & April)
A. No Attempt Limit
A. No age limit
A. For April- 07 April 2020(Started)
A. Boys: Rs. 650, Girls: Rs. 325/-
A. Exam Pattern: Click Here
A. Approx 75 to 103 /360
A. Min. 270+ Marks(Approx)
A. Online but drawing paper held in offline mode
A. January Session-31 January 2020
April Session:-Paper-1: By 30th April 2020
Paper-2: By 15th May 2020
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down☹️…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply