JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022: National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main 2022 eligibility criteria on the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates must check the JEE Main eligibility criteria 2022 before filling out the JEE Main 2022 application form. As part of the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2022, the candidates will have to fulfil the requirements related to the qualifying exam, the number of attempts, age, nationality, qualifying marks etc. Candidates failing to fulfil the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2022 will be rejected at any stage of admission.
As per the previous year’s JEE Main eligibility criteria, 75% criteria are removed for NIT and IIIT admissions. NTA will release the JEE Main 2022 eligibility criteria and the official notification.
Hand Notes: Best Books for JEE Mains 2022 Preparation, Download Now!
JEE Main LMS: Prepare your JEE Main 2022 Exam with Top Faculty Classes, Notes etc
Recommended: Download free JEE Main previous years’ questions and sample papers!
1. Quick Fact
2. Eligibility Criteria
3. Qualification Examination
4. Eligibility Criteria of State Code
5. JEE Main 2022 Eligibility for Dropper Students
6. Frequently Asked Questions
The JEE Mains 2022 entrance exam will be conducted online (Computer-Based Test). The duration of this entrance exam is 3 hours in the examination. The multiple-choice questions will be asked in the JEE Mains 2022 exam.
|Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
|Mode of Counselling
|Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
Before filling out the JEE Main 2022 application form, applicants can check the examination conducted by authorities’ eligibility criteria. One thing that you keep in mind is that ineligible students will not be offered admission.
NTA JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
|Candidates should have passed the 12th class or qualifying the exam in 2020 or 2021.
Candidates in the 12th class or equivalent qualifying exams in 2022 can also apply.
|Number of attempts
|Applicants can participate in the JEE Main for 3 consecutive years. The JEE Main 2022 exam will be conducted 4 times in February, March, April and May.
|There is no age limit for the candidates.
|Admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs and participating State Engineering College
|75% of marks criteria have been waived off for the academic year.
|Eligibility for admissions to other engineering colleges
|The engineering colleges other than IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs have the same eligibility criteria for B.E. / BTech courses. However, states prepare their JEE Main 2022 rank list based on their eligibility criteria.
The policy mentioned above might also be adopted by other tech institutes participating in counselling through JoSAA/CSAB. If the state has options to admit students to engineering colleges affiliated with State Universities, the state may prepare a separate rank list based on their criteria.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system is conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- The candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) qualifying examination under which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2022. It is important to note that the State code of eligibility does NOT depend upon the native place or residence of the candidate. For example, if a candidate appears for the Class XII examination in New Delhi and is a resident of Noida, Uttar Pradesh, the candidate’s State code of eligibility will be Delhi and NOT that of Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidates who passed/appeared in class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State where the study centre is located.
- A diploma is recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education for at least three years.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Documents required for JEE Main 2022
|Any Identity Proof including Voter ID, Drivers Licence, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card (not mandatory)
|Photograph and Signature
|Scanned copies Signature and Photograph Both documents should be min 10 KB size and max 100 KB size Ideal dimensions should be 3.5cmX4.5cm JPEG/JPG format only.
|10th certificate 10th Marksheet 12th Marksheet
Subject/subjects combination for admission into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
Should have passed the qualifying examination with
Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject),
|Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
JEE Main 2022 Participating Insitute
|Name of Institute
|No. of participating Institute
State Code of Eligibility
The State Code of eligibility is the State Code from which the applicant passed the Class 12th /Equivalent qualifying exam. Thereby, the applicant is eligible to appear in JEE Main for seeking admission to BE/BTech and BArch/BPlan courses offered by Colleges/Institutions of the State/UT.
Eligibility Criteria of State Code
Here in this section, we are providing the List of States/ Union Territories and their Codes for State Codes of Eligibility:
|Name of State
|Name of State
|Jammu & Kashmir
|Name of Union Territory
|Name of Union Territory
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)
|Daman & Diu (UT)
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers Students
- There is no age limit.
- They should have passed their class 12 examination in 2021/2022 or appeared in 2022. Only three consecutive attempts are allowed for JEE Main.
- You should have obtained a minimum qualifying score.
- They should have taken at least five subjects for the 12th and qualifying exams (PCM compulsory).
JEE Main 2022 Seat Reservation
|General Economically Weaker Sections (GEN-EWS)
|Scheduled Castes (SC)
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)
|Non-Creamy Layer of Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)
|Persons with Disabilities
|5% in each category
Graphical Representation of JEE Main 2022 Seat Reservation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is 75% criteria removed for IIT?
A. The Joint Admission Board (JAB) had also relaxed the admission criteria for students appearing for the IIT JEE Advanced 2022 exam by scrapping the 75 per cent marks quota. Candidates appearing in the exam will now seek admissions in IITs irrespective of their scores in class 12.
Q. Is class 12 marks important for JEE Main 2022?
A. No, the authorities have relaxed 75% of admission criteria through JEE Mains for the current year.
Q. I live in New Delhi, but I have completed class 12th from Haryana; what is my state of eligibility?
A. State of eligibility is the state’s code from where a candidate has completed class 12th, Haryana.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs?
A. The criteria of obtaining a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category) or being in the top 20 percentile in class 12 or equivalent for admission in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs has been waived off for the year 2021.
Q. Does JEE Main College Predictor Tool give accurate results?
A. JEE Main college predictor tool has been prepared based on previous years’ closing ranks of IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. The same may slightly vary for the upcoming academic session. However, this tool gives 80-90% accurate results.