Hello Candidates, Willing to crack JEE Main entrance exam. Hold on! you are not only the one who aims to crack the JEE Main entrance exam, so what to do now? The answer is so simple you not only need to work hard but also need to work smart.
It is important to know JEE Main important chapters and the chapter-wise weightage of each chapter for JEE Main. This will ensure that you don’t miss your focus on these important chapters and topics.
You know that if you have a complete list of the important chapters including important topics for JEE Main in your hand it will become much easier to focus on those topics. You will be able to make a proper study plan for study according to the time you have for the exam. The JEE Main important chapters include questions and topics which are frequently asked in JEE Main.
The National Testing Agency postponed JEE (Main) April 2020 examinations scheduled on the 5th, 7th to 9th and 11th April 2020, due to COVID-19 Pandemic. The JEE Main April 2020 exam will be held from July 18 to 23, 2020.
|On-line submission of Application Form:||February 7,2020|
|Last date of fee submission:||March 12, 2020, Up to 11.50 pm(through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI and PAYTM Service up to
|Correction in particulars:||March 16, 2020(up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Issue of Admit Cards:||July 3rd, 2020|
|Date of Examination:||July 18 to 23, 2020|
|Declaration of Result:||To be Announced|
If we talk about the difficulty level of JEE Main Entrance Exam the following pie chart will show the level.
Overall Difficulty Level
Subject Wise Difficulty Level
As we move further let’s talk about subject wise topics which are categorised according to their difficulty level.
Let’s talk about the important topics which come under Physics section preferring according to the frequency in which they were asked in JEE Main. These topics have been carrying a consistent weightage as per the JEE Main previous year papers.
- Electrostatics: It is a lengthy topic but is an easy topic to study. Frequently every year 3-4 questions are asked from this topic.
- Current Electricity: It is small but with a scoring topic. Questions are asked from this topic are like the colour code of resistors, Ohm’s Law, etc. are frequently asked in the exam.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current: 1-2 questions are asked from these topics.
- Semiconductor & Electronic Devices, Communication, Units & Dimensions, Measurement of error (Absolute and Relative), Instruments: Can easily score 16-20 marks from these topics.
- Mechanics is the most important topic of JEE Main. We have listed some important topics in mechanics for JEE Main are:
- Newton’s Law of Motion
- Bernoulli’s theorem
- Equation of Continuity
- Fluid Mechanics
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Law of conservation of momentum (linear/angular)
- Magnetism: Normally, a good number of questions were asked from this topic.
- Optics: This topic must be studied for the exam.
- Modern Physics: Questions from this chapter typically were asked and average 12-16 marks you can score.
- Most frequently asked topics are as below:
- X-ray (Continuous wavelength, Characteristic Wavelength)
- Atomic Structure (Spectrum/Radius)
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Photoelectric Effect
- Nuclear fission
- Candidate must study Oscillation and Waves in detail. From this topic questions were asked related to topics like SHM, sound waves, string, Doppler effect, Wave Optics are surely asked in JEE Main each year.
- 1-2 questions are asked every year from Thermodynamics, so you should be thorough with it as well.
Let’s talk about the important topics which come under Chemistry section preferring according to the frequency in which they were asked in JEE Main. These topics have been carrying a consistent weightage as per the JEE Main previous year papers.
In JEE Main the pattern of questions asked in Organic Chemistry is not fixed. The questions can be asked randomly therefore, all are important topics for JEE Main 2020. All the chapters carry almost equal weightage in exam. Your basics and the fundamentals should be clear in each and every topic.
- Elements of the periodic table
- Chemical Bonding
- Fajan’s Rule & it’s application
- Shape and Hybridisation
- Molecular Orbital Theory (where the most important topic is Electronic Configuration)
- Dipole Moment
- Transition elements
- coordination chemistry
- S & P block elements
- Electrochemistry & redox Reactions
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
Let’s talk about the important topics which come under Mathematics section preferring according to the frequency in which they were asked in JEE Main. These topics have been carrying a consistent weightage as per the JEE Main previous year papers.
- Sequence & Series
- Determinants and Matrices
- Sets and relations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability
- Vector & 3D
- Straight line
- Definite Integral
- Indefinite Integral
- Application of Derivatives
- Differential equation
- Application of Integrals
- Trigonometric Ratios
Chapters According to Weightage
From past years question papers weightage of each chapters according to subjects are given below:
The weightage of all the Physics is given below.
|Physics Chapters and Topics||Average no. of questions asked from the chapter||Weightage of the chapter and topic|
|Units, Dimensions, Errors, Experiments||2||4%|
|Gravitation and Rotational Mechanics||3||7%|
|Work, Energy & Power||1||3%|
|Newton’s Laws of Motion and Friction||1||2%|
|System of Particles||2||4%|
|Mechanical Waves and Sound||2||4%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||3||10%|
|Properties of Matter||2||5%|
|Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current and Electromagnetic waves and Communication||3||8%|
|Magnetism and Magnetic effects of current||2||6%|
|Ray Optics, Wave Optics||3||10%|
The weightage of chapters and topics in Chemistry which are important for JEE Main 2020 are listed below. These are based on the analysis of JEE Main previous year papers.
|Chemistry Chapters and Topics||Average no. of questions asked from the chapter||Weightage of the chapter and topic|
|Hydrogen and its Compounds||1||1%|
|Carboxylic Acid and Their Derivatives||1||2%|
|Aldehyde and Ketones||1||1%|
|Alkyl Halide, Alcohol & Ether||2||7%|
|Practical Organic Chemistry||2||4%|
|Thermodynamics & Thermochemistry||2||4%|
|Solution & Colligative Properties||1||3%|
There are about 30 questions in the exam from the Mathematics section in the JEE Main exam. The weightage of each of the chapters from the JEE Main Mathematics syllabus is expected as below:
|Mathematics Topics and Chapters||Average no. of questions asked from the chapter||Weightage of the chapter and topic|
|Sequence & Series||2||6%|
|Vector & 3d||4||10%|
|Permutation & Combination||1||3%|
|Statistics & Probability||15%|
|Matrices & Determinants||3||7%|
|Sets & Relation||1||1%|
Other Engineering Entrance Exam
|Karnataka CET||JEE ADVANCED||SUAT Sharda||Symbiosis SET|
|IPU CET||CUSAT CAT||JEE MAIN||LPU NEST|
|MU OET||KEAM||MH CET||COMEDK|
Frequently Asked Questions:
A. 2 Time in a Year(January & April)
A. No Attempt Limit
A. No age limit
A. For April- 07 April 2020(Started)
A. Boys: Rs. 650, Girls: Rs. 325/-
A. Exam Pattern: Click Here
A. Approx 75 to 103 /360
A. Min. 270+ Marks(Approx)
A. Online but drawing paper held in offline mode
A. January Session-31 January 2020
April Session:- August 2020 (Tentative)
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down☹️…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now