What is common among all the Top Engineering Colleges in India? Placement..Na.Courses.. Na.Ok, Let us break the Silence without wasting any time. It is the Admission Procedure. To get admission in the Best Engineering Institution in India, one has to clear Major Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Central and State Education Board. JEE Main 2019 (Joint Entrance Examination) exam is one of the most sought Engineering Entrance Exam among the students of India.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development as an independent autonomous, self-reliant and self-sustained premier testing organization; and the conduct of JEE main entrance examination has been entrusted to the NTA by Government of Indian.
JEE is a two-tier examination (Main & Advanced) Conducted by CBSE Board to select Candidates for admissions in various B.Tech/B.Arch programs offered by NITs, IIITs, IITs and other premier engineering institutions in India. Those who score great in JEE Mains are eligible to apply for various NITs and IIIT, whereas one needs to Clear JEE Advanced to get admission in several IITs spread across the nation. The following article will give you all the detailed Information about JEE Main 2019 including the application form, exam dates, exam pattern, eligibility, and syllabus. The JEE Main 2019 online application has been started from 1st September 2018. Check more details below.
Candidate applied must ensure their eligibility before applying for the JEE-Main 2019 exam. Eligibility criteria for Candidates are given below :
- Age Eligibility: There is no age limit for a candidate to apply for JEE-Main 2019.
- Qualification Eligibility: Such candidates also have to appear for JEE Advanced exam.
- Qualifying Exam 10+2 or equivalent exam passed in 2017 and 2018 are eligible to apply.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the 12th exams in 2019 can apply.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma candidates can also apply but only for admission in IITs.
- Minimum Marks: There is no minimum mark required to apply for JEE Main.
- For admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs Candidates have to secure 75% (65% for SC/ST) in 12th exams or be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.
- Number of Subjects: student applying should have 5 subjects (physics, mathematics, language, anyone from the Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject and any other subject) in 10+2 exams to meet JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria.
- Year of Appearance: Candidate who has passed 12th exams in 2016 are not eligible to apply. (Students who have appeared in 12th exams in 2016, did not pass in 2016 but passed in 2017 are not eligible to apply).
The JEE Main 2019 consist of two papers. Paper I for the Candidates wishing to apply for Engineering Courses and Paper II for B.Arch Courses. The JEE Main 2019 exam pattern for paper I and Paper II is given below:
- 1 How to Apply
- 2 How to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form?
- 3 Registration Procedure
- 4 Application Form Correction
- 5 JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
- 6 Admit Card
- 7 Answer Key
- 8 Expected Cut-off
- 9 JEE Main 2018 Result
- 10 Counselling
- 11 Important Dates
JEE Main Paper I:
- Courses: For Engineering courses (B.E/B.Tech)
- Number of Questions: 90 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics(12th Standard).
- Language: Hindi/English (One has to the preferred language while filling the application form)
- Mode: Online & Offline Both.
- Duration: 3 hours (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
JEE Main Paper II:
- Courses: For Architecture course. (B.Arch).
- Number of Questions: 82 questions (MCQs) out of which 30 questions from mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions (descriptive) of drawing test.
- Subjects: Mathematics, Aptitude, Drawing(Architecture Design).
- Language: Hindi/English (One has to the preferred language while filling the application form)
- Mode: Offline mode only.
- Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response (2 questions of the drawing will carry 70 marks).
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect or multi-responses.
How to Apply
To apply for JEE Main 2019, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2019”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go to the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
How to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form?
JEE Main-2019 application form will be released from 1st September 2018 (Jan exam). Below is the instruction provided for new JEE Main registration 2019:
- The requirement of Aadhaar card is mandatory to fill the application.
- Candidates are required to apply online for JEE Mains 2019 exam.
- JEE Main application form 2019 is available from 1st September 2018 (Jan exam).
Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother’s/father’s/guardian.
- Photograph size should be 10KB – 100KB and size of the signature should be 4KB – 30KB.
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
- There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
The application fee is different as per the category of candidate and mode of examinations.
Candidate can pay a fee through credit/debit card and net banking, e-challan of SBI bank.
A fee will not be accepted through Demand Draft, IPO, money order, etc.
fee paid by a candidate will be non-refundable.
|In India||Outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||Gen/OBC-NCL||Boys – 500/- & Girls – 250/-||Boys – 2000/- & Girls – 1000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD & Transgender||Boys – 250/- & Girls – 250/-||Boys – 1000/- & Girls – 1000/-|
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2 |
|Gen/OBC-NCL||Boys – 900/- & Girls – 450/-||Boys – 3000/- & Girls – 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD & Transgender||Boys – 450/- & Girls – 450/-||Boys – 1500/- & Girls – 1500/-|
- Valid Contact Number and Email ID
- Qualification and other personal details
- Payment details
- Photograph scanned with name and date mentioned below (image should be in JPEG format with a size of 4 KB to 40 KB and the image should be coloured with clear background with 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension).
- Scanned signature made by a candidate on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size. The image should be in JPEG format with a size of 1 KB to 30 KB.
Step-1: Online Registration
- Visit Official Link: Visit the official link of JEE MAIN 2019. Click on “Apply for JEE Main – 2018”. Read all instructions carefully, tick the checkbox and click on “Proceed to apply online”.
- Enter Details: Fill state of eligibility, state, board name, year of passing, roll number (if allotted) and security pin and click on “Submit” button.
Step-2: Fill Details (Application Form)
- Exam Related Details: Choose exam, mode of exam, exam centre and question paper medium.
- Personal Details: Applicants name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, State of eligibility, category, PWD, DOB, Gender, Single girl case, Nationality, Place of residence and Aadhaar number (Optional).
- Academic Details: Year of passing 10th class, Board name (12th), Name of qualifying exam passed/appeared, Place of 12th Class passed/appeared, year of passing/appearing (12th), Institution type, Roll No., Appearing in improvement, Preparation mode and name & address of the school where passed/appearing.
- Mailing Address Details: Fill Address, Locality, City, District, State, Pin code, Email, Mobile No. and Landline Number.
- Other Details: Choose guardian’s qualification, occupation, and income. Choose password and security code. Enter the security pin and click on “Next” button.
- Final Submit: A preview window will open, review the application form and click on “Final Submit” button.
Step-3: Upload Images
- Click on the “Upload Scanned Images” section.
- Click on “Choose File” button to select images of signature and photograph.
- Click on the “Preview” button and upload images.
Step-4: Fee Payment
After uploading the images, a candidate has to choose the “Pay Examination Fee” option. Select your preferred payment mode i.e. credit/debit/card, Netbanking or e-challan.
***In the case of payment through e-challan, students will be needed to generate the printout of the e-challan and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank and make fee payment.
Step-5: Confirmation Page
After the successful payment of the examination fee, candidates will receive a pop-up window giving Payment Confirmation. Candidates are then eligible to take the printout of the confirmation page. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout for future references.
Application Form Correction
Students who applied for JEE Main-2019 will be able to correct or modify their application form during the correction period. JEE Main-2019 application form correction dates details are provided here.
- The correction in application form can only be done between 8th – 14th October 2018.
- The only way to correct form in online mode.
- Corrections will be not be allowed to make any change in a mode of examination from CBT to PBT.
- Any additional fee can only be paid through credit/debit card, e-wallet or e-challan.
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
Want to score great in JEE Main 2019? All you need is to boost up your preparation with the help of JEE Main Previous Years Questions Papers. You can download previous year question papers for JEE Main from the below mentioned link.
JEE Mains 2018 Question Papers
- JEE Mains 2nd April 2018 Question Paper: Click Here
JEE Main 2016 Question Papers
JEE main 2015 Question Papers
JEE main 2014 Question Papers</strong
JEE main 2013 Question Papers
The JEE Main Admit Card will be released on 17th December 2018 (Declared). Candidates are advised to visit the official site regularly to get updated with the latest buzz around JEE Main 2019 Admit Card details. To download the admit card from the official website of JEE Main, candidates are required to provide their roll number and board details of a 12th class or equivalent exam. Candidates are also advised to download the admit card as soon as possible to avoid last minute rush.
After the JEE Main exam, the official answer key and images of response sheets (OMR sheets) will be displayed between Last week of January 2019. Candidates can download the answer key through the official website of JEE Main. If a candidate is not satisfied with the answer key then the candidate can make a written challenge.
The cut-off is the minimum score required by the candidates to get admission in the top colleges of the country. The JEE Main 2018 Cut-off will be decided by various factors such as the number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, etc.
Team Edufever brings the Expected Cutoff for JEE Mains 2019 based on the previous year analysis:
JEE Main 2018 Result
The result for JEE Main (Paper 1) will be declared on the 31st January 2019.
Successful Candidates who clear the cutoff will be called for counselling procedure as per to their rank obtained in the merit list. The JEE Main 2018 Counselling will start from the first week of July 2019 (Tentatively). Counselling will be handled by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). The counselling has been divided into various rounds. After each round allotment result will be announced separately. To know more about the Counselling procedure and JOSAA, candidates are advised to visit the official website regularly.
|Application form available||1st September 2018|
|Mock test available||September 2018|
|Last date for application submission||30th September 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||1st October 2018|
|Application correction||8th – 14th October 2018|
|Downloading of admit card||17th December 2018|
|Exam Date||6th to 20th January 2019|
|Result announcement||31st January 2019|
Team Edufever Wishes you all the very best for your future Endeavours..!!