JEE Main 2018: Everything You Need to Know..!!
What is common among all the Top Engineering Colleges in India? Placement..Na.Courses..Na..Ok, Let us break the Silence without wasting any time. It is the Admission Procedure. To get admission in the Best Engineering Institution in India, one has to clear Major Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Central and State Education Board. JEE Main 2018 (Joint Entrance Examination) exam is one of the most sought Engineering Entrance Exam among the students of India.
JEE is a two-tier examination (Main & Advanced) Conducted by CBSE Board to select Candidates for admissions in various B.Tech/B.Arch programs offered by NITs, IIITs, IITs and other premier engineering institutions in India. Those who score great in JEE Mains are eligible to apply for various NITs and IIIT, whereas one needs to Clear JEE Advanced to get admission in several IITs spread across the nation. The following article will give you all the detailed Information about JEE Main 2018 including the application form, exam dates, exam pattern, eligibility, and syllabus. The JEE Main 2018 online application has been started from 1st December 2016. Check more details below.
- 1 JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 2 JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
- 3 How to Apply
- 4 How to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form?
- 5 JEE Main 2018 Registration Procedure:
- 6 JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
- 7 JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
- 8 JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- 9 JEE Main 2018 Answer Key
- 10 JEE Main 2018 Expected Cut-off
- 11 JEE Main 2018 Result
- 12 Counselling
- 13 Exam Dates
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for JEE Main 2018 are advised to check the JEE Main 2018 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Age Limit: Candidate’s date of birth should fall on or after 01 October 1992 for general candidates and 01, October 1987 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Candidates appearing/passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2014 are not eligible to apply.
- Number of Subjects in 12th: Aspirants should have minimum five subjects in 12th/qualifying examination.
- Number of Attempts: Candidate can attempt JEE Main exam three times only.
- Diploma (3 years) holders are also eligible to apply.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main 2018 consist of two papers. Paper I for the Candidates wishing to apply for Engineering Courses and Paper II for B.Arch Courses. The JEE Main 2018 exam pattern for paper I and Paper II is given below:
JEE Main Paper I:
- Courses: For Engineering courses (B.E/B.Tech)
- Number of Questions: 90 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics(12th Standard).
- Language: Hindi/English (One has to the preferred language while filling the application form)
- Mode: Online & Offline Both.
- Duration: 3 hours (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response or multi-responses.
JEE Main Paper II:
- Courses: For Architecture course. (B.Arch).
- Number of Questions: 82 questions (MCQs) out of which 30 questions from mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions (descriptive) of drawing test.
- Subjects: Mathematics, Aptitude, Drawing(Architecture Design).
- Language: Hindi/English (One has to the preferred language while filling the application form)
- Mode: Offline mode only.
- Duration: 3 hours. (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct response (2 questions of the drawing will carry 70 marks).
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect or multi-responses.
How to Apply
To apply for JEE Main 2018, Candidates can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2018”.
- Fill the required details such as pre exam academic qualification, personal mailing detail, Personal and guardian details, etc.
- Upload the scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Go to the payment gateway section and pay the application fee through debit/credit card or e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI Bank.
- Candidates are advised that after fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
How to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form?
One needs to prepare or collect these mentioned documents before filling the JEE Main 207 Application Form.
- Valid Contact Number and Email ID
- Qualification and other personal details
- Payment details
- Photograph scanned with name and date mentioned below (image should be in JPEG format with a size of 4 KB to 40 KB and the image should be coloured with clear background with 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimension).
- Scanned signature made by a candidate on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size. The image should be in JPEG format with a size of 1 KB to 30 KB.
JEE Main 2018 Registration Procedure:
Step-1: Online Registration
- Visit Official Link: Visit the official link of JEE MAIN 2018. Click on “Apply for JEE Main – 2018”. Read all instructions carefully, tick the checkbox and click on “Proceed to apply online”.
- Enter Details: Fill state of eligibility, state, board name, year of passing, roll number (if allotted) and security pin and click on “Submit” button.
Step-2: Fill Details (Application Form)
- Exam Related Details: Choose exam, mode of exam, exam centre and question paper medium.
- Personal Details: Applicants name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, State of eligibility, category, PWD, DOB, Gender, Single girl case, Nationality, Place of residence and Aadhaar number (Optional).
- Academic Details: Year of passing 10th class, Board name (12th), Name of qualifying exam passed/appeared, Place of 12th Class passed/appeared, year of passing/appearing (12th), Institution type, Roll No., Appearing in improvement, Preparation mode and name & address of the school where passed/appearing.
- Mailing Address Details: Fill Address, Locality, City, District, State, Pin code, Email, Mobile No. and Landline Number.
- Other Details: Choose guardian’s qualification, occupation, and income. Choose password and security code. Enter security pin and click on “Next” button.
- Final Submit: A preview window will open, review the application form and click on “Final Submit” button.
Step-3: Upload Images
- Click on the “Upload Scanned Images” section.
- Click on “Choose File” button to select images of signature and photograph.
- Click on the “Preview” button and upload images.
Step-4: Fee Payment
After uploading the images, a candidate has to choose “Pay Examination Fee” option. Select your preferred payment mode i.e. credit/debit/card, Netbanking or e-challan.
***In the case of payment through e-challan, students will be needed to generate the printout of the e-challan and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank and make fee payment.
Step-5: Confirmation Page
After the successful payment of the examination fee, candidates will receive a pop-up window giving Payment Confirmation. Candidates are then eligible to take the printout of the confirmation page. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout for future references.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
While filling up the application form, Candidates are advised to take ought most care, but if accidentally you made any mistake that differs from the actual data can make the correction after a prescribed time period.
- The JEE Main 2018 correction window will be open for two weeks in the second half of January 2018.
- This will be the last chance to make corrections in the JEE Main 2018 application form so candidates are advised to make corrections carefully.
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
Want to score great in JEE Main 2018? All you need is to boost up your preparation with the help of JEE Main Previous Years Questions Papers. You can download previous year question papers for JEE Main from the below mentioned link.
JEE Mains 2018 Question Papers
- JEE Mains 2nd April 2018 Question Paper: Click Here
JEE Main 2016 Question Papers
JEE main 2015 Question Papers
JEE main 2014 Question Papers
JEE main 2013 Question Papers
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
The JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be released in the first week of March 2018(Tentative). Candidates are advised to visit the official site regularly to get updated with the latest buzz around JEE Main 2018 Admit Card details. To download the admit card from the official website of JEE Main, candidates are required to provide their roll number and board details of 12th class or equivalent exam. Candidates are also advised to download the admit card as soon as possible to avoid last minute rush.
JEE Main 2018 Answer Key
After the JEE Main 2018 exam, the official answer key and images of response sheets (OMR sheets) will be displayed between 18th – 20th April 2018. Candidates can download the answer key through the official website of JEE Main. If a candidate is not satisfied with the answer key then the candidate can make a written challenge.
JEE Main 2018 Expected Cut-off
The cut-off is the minimum score required by the candidates to get admission in the top colleges of the country. The JEE Main 2018 Cut-off will be decided by various factors such as the number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, etc.
Team Edufever brings the Expected Cutoff for JEE Mains 2018 based on the previous year analysis:
JEE Main 2018 Result
The result for JEE Main (Paper 1) will be declared on the 27th April 2018 and All India Rank for JEE Main (Paper 2) will be released on 27th May 2018. Candidates can check their JEE Main Result 2018 through the official site. Students are required to enter their roll number and date of birth and click on the submit button to generate your score card. After the result announcement, merit list will be prepared only on the basis of JEE Main Score. From the year 2018 board marks will not be taken into account for preparing JEE main merit, but candidates who wish to take admission into IIT’s, IIIT’s, NIT’s, CFTI’s must score at least 75% in their class 12th board exams as the mandatory eligibility.
Successful Candidates who clear the cutoff will be called for counselling procedure as per to their rank obtained in the merit list. The JEE Main 2018 Counselling will start from the first week of July 2018 (Tentatively). Counselling will be handled by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). The counselling has been divided into various rounds. After each round allotment result will be announced separately. To know more about the Counselling procedure and JOSAA, candidates are advised to visit the official website regularly.
Candidates are advised to check these important JEE Main 2018 Exam date. The Exam date of online & offline paper and result date for JEE Main 2018 have been released. Check dates here:
|Schedule||Exam Dates (Announced) |
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||22nd November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st December 2017|
|Facility for Correcting Images starts||8th December 2017|
|Mock test release||13th December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||2nd January 2018|
|Application Form Correction Window||9th – 22nd January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||12th March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam (Pen & Paper Based Test)||8th April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||15th & 16th April 2018 |
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||24th – 27th April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Paper 1)/AIR rank & candidates eligible to appear in JEE Advanced||30th April 2018|
|Declaration of AIR rank (paper 2)||31st May 2018|
Availability of Score/Rank Cards on website
|After declaration of AIR of JEE Main 2018|
Team Edufever Wishes you all the very best for your future Endeavours..!!