JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a collaboration between Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). It provides a single platform to the participants of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced who are applying for NITs (National Institute of Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and other GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes). Let us explore various parameters associated with JOSAA and JEE Mains Counselling 2018.
JEE Mains Counselling 2019
Few things about JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority)
Candidates are advised to read these important points on JEE Mains counselling process 2019 carefully before going for Central counselling.
- The entire counselling process is ONLINE.
- Right from filling up forms to choosing and locking up your preferences, you need to proceed ONLINE.
- However, in the case of reporting, you need to present in person at the allocated institute for the purpose of verification.
- Allotment of the seat is done purely on the basis of merit. Higher the ranking. Greater the chances to secure admission in the desired counselling round.
- In order to participate in counselling, clearing JEE Main is a prerequisite.
- Once you reject the seat allotment, you shall not qualify to participate in the further rounds of counselling.
The JEE Mains 2019 Counselling shall commence from June 24, 2018, as the JEE Main All India Results is expected to release in June 2018. JEE entrants can apply for JEE 2018 counselling. For IIT and ISM – Dhanbad, admission shall be granted to JEE-advanced qualifier with the following conditions:
- Minimum acceptable marks must have been secured in JEE Advanced 2018.
- An aggregate of 75% (70% for ST, SC or PwD) in qualifying exam or a position among top 20 percentile successful toppers is required to be obtained.
- The aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Language (in whichever candidate secured higher marks) shall be considered. And if any of these subjects has not been evaluated in the final year, then the marks of such subject shall be considered for the purpose of evaluation of aggregate marks to check the percentage and percentile.
- Failure in one or more subjects in the qualifying examination, the candidate has to appear and qualify in 2019.
- In case if only letter grades are awarded, then a letter is required to obtain from the board stating the aggregate marks. In the case of failure, Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2019 shall be authorised to take a decision.
- The marks for XII shall be considered as the qualifying examination.
***Above criteria are valid for all the candidates including foreign nationals.
Documents required for JEE Main Counseling 2019
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- One copy of The Confirmation Page
- Admit Card – JEE Main 2019
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Rank Card – JEE Main 2019
- Migration Certificate
JEE Main Counseling 2019 Spot Seat Allotment
- When the seats are vacant from the usual rounds of counselling, Spot round of seat allotment is possible.
- For an already registered candidate, no fresh registration is required.
- If a candidate is registering afresh, he has to fill the choices, pay the fee and lock choices for the purpose of allotment.
- Six round of seat allotments is expected under JoSAA counselling 2019.
Top Participating institutions in JEE Mains Counselling 2019
This year more than 12 Lakh aspirants had applied for JEE Mains in which only top 2,20,000 (including all categories) will proceed to Jee Advanced 2018. Remaining candidates who scored great in JEE Mains will have an option to opt various NITs, IIITs and GFTIs set up by the Government to promote Technical Education in India. Here are some quick facts related to the number of Candidates applied for JEE Mains 2019 and Top Institutes Participating in JEE Mains 2018.
|Total institutes participating in Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)||92|
|Number of IITs and ISM in India||23|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) that take admission on basis of JEE Mains||31|
|Number of IIITs, IITM & IITDM that take admission on basis of JEE Mains||20|
|Other Government Funded Technical Institutes||18|
|Total seats in JoSAA||34,895|
The JoSAA authority will declare the final list of participating institutions around June in 2019 on its official website
For further admission related queries, Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You can also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck..!!