JIPMER PG 2018 exam Notification has been released. It is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. The University organizes JIPMER 2018 entrance exam to get admission to the MS and MD programme. JIPMER University is one of the famous Institution in India, which offer education in the field of medicine. JIPMER PG 2018 Exam is a university level entrance examination.
This article will help you to know about various parameters associated with JIPMER PG 2018 Exam Like Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to check this complete article carefully.
JIPMER PG 2018 Brief Description
|Name of examination||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research – Postgraduate|
|Commonly known as||JIPMER PG|
|Courses||Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD)|
|Mode of exam||Online (held in a single shift)|
|Type of questions||Objective|
|Duration||3 hours (from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
JIPMER PG Entrance Examination 2018
Why choose JIPMER PG 2018?
Before we go in deep, Let us have a look over some of the salient features of JIPMER PG 2018 which will give the answer to the question Why to choose JIPMER PG 2018 Entrance Exam.
- JIPMER PG 2018 popularly known as Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research.
- JIPMER Entrance Exam is a university level entrance examination conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research.
- JIPMER, Puducherry, will conduct JIPMER PG 2018 entrance exam for admissions to MS and MD programmes.
So, if you have already made your mind to be a part of it, then the very first thing you have to do is to read this article carefully. You will find all the detailed information about JIPMER PG Admission Test 2018. Let us first have a brief look at the Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern of Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry Entrance Test 2018.
JIPMER PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on JIPMER PG 2018 Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of JIPMER PG 2018 is given below:
The aspirants must be an Indian citizen or Overseas Citizen of India.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants must have the MBBS Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/institution which falls under Medical Council of India.
- Experience: Must complete the rotatory internship training on or before 31st June 2018.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Aspirants should secure minimum 55% marks (for all other categories including OBC), 50% marks (SC/ST Category).
- Aspirants should also register with Central/State Medical Registration Council.
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam Pattern
IPMER University Admission 2018 Exam Pattern – The exam pattern specifies about various aspects of the entrance exam like marking scheme, type of questions, time duration, the total number of questions, subjects, sections, etc.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology).||100|
|Clinical Sciences (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine).||150|
- Mode of Exam: It is the single-shift online based exam.
- Duration of Exam: 180 minutes.
- Type of Exam: Multiple Choice Questions.
- Language: English language only.
- Numbers of Questions: 250 questions in the test.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative marking:1 mark will be deducted for choosing a wrong response.
JIPMER PG Entrance exam 2018 is an offline objective written test. The questions related to Physics, Chemistry, Biology will be asked and also may ask Reasoning, General Logical Ability, Maths and General Knowledge. The nature of the questions will be objective in nature and for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. One Should read given blow syllabus details.
JIPMER PG 2018 Admission Form.
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the JIPMER PG 2018 Admission form.
- One has to Visit the official website of JIPMER PG 2018 (Click here).
- Click on the apply online or register
- Fill the personal details carefully.
- After Filling the personal detail, one has to Select the subject for which He/She is applying.
- Upload the Photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Save the Application form for future use.
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Fee
Category-wise Application Fees for the JIPMER PG Application form 2018 is mentioned below-
NEET PG 2018 Application fees-
|Other Backward Classes||Rs. 1500|
|Scheduled Caste||Rs. 1200|
|Scheduled Tribe||Rs. 1200|
|Orthopedic Physically Challenged (OPH)||Excluded from paying the application fee|
Mode of Payment
- Online Banking
- Net Banking
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
JIPMER PG 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the JIPMER PG 2018 will be released 30th April 2018. The Admit Card or commonly known as Call Later can be download from official website. The admit card is the mandatory document to carry during the Exam hall at the time of written examination. If a candidate fails to show His/Her JIPMER PG 2018 Admit Card at the time of the written exam, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the test. You can follow these steps to Download Admit Card for JIPMER PG 2018 Entrance examination.
JIPMER 2018 Result
Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry (JIPMER 2018) Result will be declared in On Before 25th May 2018. The result will release online on the website. Students can Cheak their results by entering their roll number and other required details are given below.
Aspirants need to follow the below given important Steps for JIPMER 2018
- Go to the official website of JIPMER University Common Entrance Test (JIPMER 2018).
- Click on “JIPMER PG Result” tab/link mentioned on the official website.
- Enter any two details from – Roll number, date of birth and application number.
- Click on Submit button.
- View result and download JIPMER scorecard.
JIPMER PG 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the counselling will be started through offline mode. The Counselling will begin on 13th June 2018. It will be conducted in four rounds. Aspirants have to go through Biometric fingerprint and image verification before appearing for the counselling. Aspirants have to produce their original documents at the time of counselling process. Candidate’s documents will be verified during counselling. The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit list.
Nessecery Documents Required For Counselling
- 10th& 12th Mark Sheets
- 10th& 12th Passing Certificate
- JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2018
- Age Proof Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Six Passport Size Photograph
JIPMER PG 2018 Important Exam Dates
For July Session (MD/MS & DM/MCh Courses):
|Online registration starts from||28th February 2018||28th February 2018|
|Closing date of registration||2nd April 2018 (5 PM)||2nd April 2018 (5 PM)|
|Hall Ticket Release||30th April 2018 (11 AM) to 13th May 2018 (8 AM)||30th April 2018 (11 AM) to 13th May 2018|
|Date of exam||19th May 2018 (10 AM to 1 PM) (Rescheduled)||19th May 2018 (3 PM to 4:30 PM for DM/MCh) & (10 AM to 11:30 AM for Fellowship) (Rescheduled)|
|Result/Merit List Release||On or Before 25th May 2018||On or Before 25th May 2018|
|1stcounselling||13th June 2018||18th June 2018 (Certificate Verification & |
Payment of Admission Fees)
|2ndcounselling||4th July 2018||29th June 2018 (Medical Examination, Issue of |
Admission Letter &
Letter for Hostel accommodation)
|3rdcounselling||31st July 2018||–|
|Final Counselling||29th August 2018||–|
For any Query related to JIPMER notification, comment on the comment box mentioned below. Our expert will help you to make the Best preparation Strategy for the exam.
Best Of Luck Aspirants..!!!